Bars reopened

Mrfox

Patong is fairly dead. Maybe 1/4 of the bars are open. The big clubs on Bangla have social distancing, and lots of police around to check, from the videos I've seen. The smaller bars there, and in other areas, few or no masks, no distancing. But also few customers.

My GF talked to a bar owner downstairs from where she lives, and the owner said she wants to sell as she's losing money every month. But who wants to buy a business that's losing money, with a lease attached? What would you get for your money -- a pool table, guaranteed debt, and some half empty bottles?

I understand that less touristb oriented areas are more normal, and from what I've seen that's true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pubs / Restaurant-Bars are open in Hat Yai. Most are doing temperature checks and sign-in either in the book or with the app. Some attempt has been made at social distancing, and some have plastic screens. The bands are usually performing behind a plastic screen which is a little odd.

A few of the smaller bars haven't reopened, and probably won't, but those that have are reasonably busy. Bars like Acoustic which is mainly Thai are busy, but bars like West Side which is very popular with Malaysian tourists is dead, the Post Laser which is a mix is much quieter than usual.

I've not been out to the studenty end of town around PSU, but would guess the bars round there will be fairly busy, though don't know if clubs like Zounds have reopened yet. 

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been to most of the gogo bars in Pattaya,since re opening.

Have temp check and sign in at all of them.

Most girls wear the clear plastic face shields.

Some bars have plastic screens between tables.

Not too much social distancing,but as previous posters have said..

Very few customers.

One gogo actualy tells the girls.they cant sit next to customer. Of course,they have even fewer customers.

The girls get much smaller salaries now.

Most nights they are struggling to get their 3/4 drinks per night quota.

If im known at bar..i actualy get rushed at,when i enter,by the desperate girls.

Great for us old punters..

Even the busy 'open' beer bars,like billabong,have nid noi customers.

All very sad....

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The best two bars in Nana were supposed to open on the 7th July. That was delayed. Then they were supposed to open on the 15th. They had big count down counters on their websites.

I didn't go look since then but I looked again at their websites to see the pictures of the re-opening parties. There are no pictures. I guess that is information enough to know that the big re-openings didn't go so well.

8 minutes ago, Susco said:

Strange

Forget Pub Street, the popular area for tourists - no tourists! But many Khmer and Foreign owned bars and restaurants still open throughout Siem Reap catering for LOCAL Cambodians, ex-pats, other foreigners and stranded travelers. No health restrictions other than the occasional hand sanitizer.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The best two bars in Nana were supposed to open on the 7th July. That was delayed. Then they were supposed to open on the 15th. They had big count down counters on their websites.

I didn't go look since then but I looked again at their websites to see the pictures of the re-opening parties. There are no pictures. I guess that is information enough to know that the big re-openings didn't go so well.

I see many FB posts about Pattaya bars showing all the ladies, but no customers.

In one such posts a customer asked, but what about the customers?

Bar owner replied, we are not allowed to post pictures from customers.  55555555555555555555555555555555555555

Edited by Susco
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally I think it's bad enough that many places (almost all?) are almost empty. Some girls and no to few customers. I think the biggest problem is that like that there is just no atmosphere. Everybody is frustrated, nobody is happy. It's no fun for the girls and it's no fun for the customers and probably most business owners are losing money. And unfortunately nobody thinks it will get any better anytime soon.

Don't know about bars ........ but some of you guys ought to join ThaiFriendly.

Every bar girl and Gogo dancer appears to be looking for love, at discount prices.

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

In Thailand "no", but here in Cambodia no problems - GREAT!

Yeah. And 3,000 USD to go there and cannot get back to civilisation. Keep it!

Bars in most villages on Samui open and busy at weekends - but forget Chaweng. A few places there open - packed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Hilary in Nana is open.  They have been having there bands back as well.  Of course social distancing is no issue.  Went on Saturday night and it had about 50 people total inside.  Staff was half of that number as well as the band members.  More ladyboys on the walk in from Sukhumvit.  Not as bad as it used to be.  KSR is also pretty dead.  Patpong2 is also dead....not much happening.

Here is a small hint.....why not get off of your lazy <deleted> and go see for yourself?   With that said.....was down on Soi LK Metro a few nights ago....lots of foot traffic and ladies hanging out.....almost like normal, except for the lack of punters in the bars.......????????????????

DEB3E856-BCB8-441D-88F9-BA15DBBE42DA.jpeg

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Don't know about bars ........ but some of you guys ought to join ThaiFriendly.

Every bar girl and Gogo dancer appears to be looking for love, at discount prices.

how much do they charge for love