Agoda, booking and others

AlfHuy

Hi,

I'm looking for a week or so to go to HuaHin to a 4-5* hotel.

Prices are quite high. Crisis? What crisis.

What annoys me most is the following:

My criteria:

how many stars

breakfast included

2 adults and a 12 year old child.

Always every time, offers are for 2 adults. When you chose a room, an extra bed cost around 1500 baht plus breakfast on top for the child.

Can't they get it? If I say 2 adults and 1 child of 12 years of age (the child won't sleep in the same bed and also wants some breakfast).

Let's say, I get a quote of 4000baht a night but an extra 1500 plus breakfast for my child.

Also, some hotels are now getting greedy. With the government help (taxpayers money), hotel stays are subsidied.

Same hotel I saw let's say for 4OOObaht, but suddenly it is 6000 baht.

If a Thai person books this room, after discount, basically is paying the same rate as before.

Edited by AlfHuy

Find a few things you like on Agoda and like orchis said, call or visit the hotels website. The hotel is likely to be much more lenient about your kids age, and sleeping in the other twin bed. I did a quick search and found this, using the 'free breakfast filter'. Hope the link works for awhile, occasionally they will time-out. Good luck. 

https://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi?defaultTab=standard

Edited by Shot

1 hour ago, Shot said:

Find a few things you like on Agoda and like orchis said, call or visit the hotels website. The hotel is likely to be much more lenient about your kids age, and sleeping in the other twin bed. I did a quick search and found this, using the 'free breakfast filter'. Hope the link works for awhile, occasionally they will time-out. Good luck. 

https://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi?defaultTab=standard

I often did this in the past, calling hotels and never got a better deal then with a booking website.

Your link was timed out.

52 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I often did this in the past, calling hotels and never got a better deal then with a booking website.

Your link was timed out.

It was Marriott HauHin. Five star, three person, two twin beds, included breakfast for 4800/night before tax. I hope that helps. Good luck. 

Edited by Shot
  • Thanks 1