China says UK citizenship pathway for Hong Kong residents violates international law

webfact

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

The 1C2S agreement is still there and Hong Kong constitution and basic law still intact. 

So ignore any dangerous laws that go against the spirit of the constitution and basic law, and we're good; right?

"Oh, you can go outside any time you like... if you can get through the welded bar on the other side :)... but we didn't lock your door so technically you're still free to leave any time you like!!"

Edited by DaftToPutRealName
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

So ignore any dangerous laws that go against the spirit of the constitution and basic law, and we're good; right?

"Oh, you can go outside any time you like... if you can get through the welded bar on the other side :)... but we didn't lock your door so technically you're still free to leave any time you like!!"

Every countries have national security laws. US has a long list of national security laws.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

The 1C2S agreement is still there and Hong Kong constitution and basic law still intact. 

Yeah right, I love the Chinese too! Are you learning Mandarin also?

Edited by PatOngo

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't get what China worries about they lose the people they want to suppress and can fill the space with brainwashed mainlanders. 

I don't really see the problem, only problem is that they might lose a lot of rich and able people. But then they should have treated them better.

China would rather have downtrodden mainlanders than free thinking Hong Kongers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

China regularly ignores International Law rulings that does not favor their position...can't have it both ways...

China thinks it can.  Attached is an excerpt, I have the full document if you are bored, showing a specific provision that relates to every person on the planet!  Perhaps we should all read the law in its entirety to ensure we don't commit a National (In)Security Crime in HK?

Article 38 This Law shall apply to offences under this Law committed against the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region from outside the Region by a person who is not a permanent resident of the Region.

5 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

China thinks it can.  Attached is an excerpt, I have the full document if you are bored, showing a specific provision that relates to every person on the planet!  Perhaps we should all read the law in its entirety to ensure we don't commit a National (In)Security Crime in HK?

Article 38 This Law shall apply to offences under this Law committed against the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region from outside the Region by a person who is not a permanent resident of the Region.

As they are planning on world domination they thought they may as well start writing laws from that perspective now.

• Like 2

China should be smart and encourage angry HK residents to leave. They will cause internal strife in their enemy countries, including the UK, where people are already angry about having immigrants forced on them. HK people can easily be replaced with grateful mainlanders.

It is farcical that the UK claims to care about the freedom of a foreign people when they just arrested a 12 year old boy for the made up crime of "racism". In the UK, like other western nations, you lose your job for saying men can't be women or going against any of the rest of the forced narrartives.

Hong Kong people have a good life and they have more freedom than people in the UK. If they end up moving to the UK they will soon realise their mistake.

People in the west don't seem to care that the leaders of this HK uprising, where they set fire to old men and trashed malls, were all meeting with US state department people - all out in the open. If China had encouraged British nationalists to go out and riot we would never hear the end of it.

1 hour ago, animalmagic said:

I believe this is an example of legislation with 'long-arm jurisdiction', but a few weeks back...:

"We urge the United States to stop its illegal unilateral sanctions and 'long-arm jurisdiction,' and return to the right track of observing the JCPOA and Resolution 2231," he said.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-07-01/China-asks-U-S-to-stop-unilateral-sanctions-on-Iran-RLisDlOJmo/index.html

(TBH though I don't think hypocrisy about foreign policy etc is unique to any one country.)