Thailand drops charges against Red Bull heir in deadly hit-and-run

webfact

12 minutes ago, sambum said:

Accident? And why did it take 5 YEARS to issue an arrest warrant? And why did he miss 8 (EIGHT!!!) legal summons(es)?

So many unanswered questions!

Yes, it was an accident; are saying that he did it wasn't and that he did it deliberately?

"And why did it take 5 YEARS to issue an arrest warrant? And why did he miss 8 (EIGHT!!!) legal summons(es)?"

The answers to those questions have been repeated, ad nauseum, in the media, so there's no mystery or unanswered questions there, but, just for you, his lawyers delayed all those meetings, each time with the agreement of the police.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Let’s hope they told the victim’s family of their whimsical approach. Would be sure to soften the blow.

They accepted a 3 million baht brown envelop in exchange for not pressing charges.... Doubt they will be surprised they charges they did not want pressed have been dropped !!

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Better ask him that, not me but nowhere have I disputed the financial assertions that everyone else is making here, and I assume that's what you're getting at?

I’m just asking a question. A prosecutor dropping charges in a case that’s clear cut isn’t against a billionaire who was allowed to leave the country. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Yes, you may not like it but it was.

No, it’s not an accident. Otherwise I could get drunk, hop in my car and just run someone over I don’t like and kill them. Sorry, officer. I was drunk. It was an accident. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, rkidlad said:

No, it’s not an accident. Otherwise I could get drunk, hop in my car and just run someone over I don’t like and kill them. Sorry, officer. I was drunk. It was an accident. 

Yeah you nailed it, it was an accident... accident can still land one in some serious expensive trouble though.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:
4 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Yes, you may not like it but it was.

Yes, it was an accident and no, you can't do that with premeditation, that would be murder.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:
4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yeah you nailed it, it was an accident... accident can still land one in some serious expensive trouble though.

He didn't nail it, the premeditation that he was describing would make it murder.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, newnative said:

Disgusting.  And no reason given for why the charges were dropped.  Well, of course not--the reason is disgusting.  Hopefully karma will catch up with the murderer soon.

"Thanawuth [RTP] said prosecutors who handled the case informed police last month of their decision to withdraw the last remaining charge.

“Yes, they [the prosecutors] had informed us of their opinion to drop all charges. They are citing the fact the family members (of the police officer) have been compensated” by Vorayuth's family, Thanawuth said".

https://thepublicsradio.org/article/thai-police-charges-on-red-bull-heir-dropped-from-12-crash

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, newnative said:

Disgusting.  And no reason given for why the charges were dropped.  Well, of course not--the reason is disgusting.  Hopefully karma will catch up with the murderer soon.

"Thanawuth [RTP] said prosecutors who handled the case informed police last month of their decision to withdraw the last remaining charge.

“Yes, they [the prosecutors] had informed us of their opinion to drop all charges. They are citing the fact the family members (of the police officer) have been compensated” by Vorayuth's family, Thanawuth said".

https://thepublicsradio.org/article/thai-police-charges-on-red-bull-heir-dropped-from-12-crash

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

He didn't nail it, the premeditation that he was describing would make it murder.

Yeah my bad, I read the post wrong.

clearly Khun Boss did not do this and as such it was an accident... A bitter pill for some here to swallow but facts are facts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SePl said:

Finally free ! i'm so happy for him !

But it's so funny to see how the world is full of small people who cannot think further than their nose, as on this thread !

I am sure that if he was your son, you would love to have him jailed for 10 years right ? How can people cannot be able to imagine a different life than their poor man life is really incredible !

Anybody would pay or escape if he could, and only liars would tell the contrary !

I think it would be pointless trying to explain to you why this is wrong on so many levels...

5 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:
2 hours ago, SePl said:

Finally free ! i'm so happy for him !

But it's so funny to see how the world is full of small people who cannot think further than their nose, as on this thread !

I am sure that if he was your son, you would love to have him jailed for 10 years right ? How can people cannot be able to imagine a different life than their poor man life is really incredible !

Anybody would pay or escape if he could, and only liars would tell the contrary !

I think it would be pointless trying to explain to you why this is wrong on so many levels...

He didn't say that it wasn't wrong, I think the situation that he described was accurate.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

low life corrupt racist scum and we see on the same page thai govt assists WHO ha ha birds of a feather the mutually enabling BS club.

What's this got to do with racism?

"low life corrupt racist scum..."

Lowlife?  Scum rises to the top, doesn't it?

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, seancbk said:

The third and most serious charge, reckless driving causing death, remains on the books until 2027.

He's not out of the woods yet.

That was the only charge remaining, the prosecutor has dropped the case, he's out of the woods

9 hours ago, Miami007 said:

Why would anyone outside Thailand care enough to start or participate in a Boycott?

Why would anyone (not Thaivisa foreigners) inside Thailand care enough to start, or participate in, a boycott?

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pomchop said:

and still millions of people will go out and buy and drink the red bull further contributing to their coffers....

Just sent the rental out to buy a dozen cans and a bottle of Jagermeister.

tonight we gunna get hammered and then do some hammering !!

Edited by Don Mega

9 hours ago, farq said:

What a disgrace!! RTP are obviously on the take for this to happen! They should be ashamed of themselves for treating a fellow officers death in this manner. Sad.

Nothing to do with the RTP's decision, obviously you haven't read much about this.