TVMucho changes

madmitch

32 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Does it have catchup.?..............i know they use the phrase.........

Watch all your favourite British TV Channels from anywhere on earth! Catch up on the latest Entertainment Shows, Sports, News, Documentaries, Music, Radio and so much more. Access from any Smart Device like your Smart TV, Tablet, Phone and many, many more.

But does that mean catchup or catchup?..............lol

That will teach me to read more carefully. Thanks haha

On 7/28/2020 at 10:06 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

Another alternative - for the €5/month price of TVMucho as mentioned above (or less, depending on the length of subscription) you could get a subscription to a decent VPN that would allow you to use BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc with their built-in catch up services.

I prefer a VPN and using the official players these days. My IPTV provider also stopped catch-up last year, but it was not as good as BBC and ITV anyway as it would not start catch-up from the real start of a show like on BBC and ITV but from a set time, so you lost starts and ends of shows as providers were not on time. I still use IPTV for live stuff and VOD tho, and there are much better priced options than TVMucho for that which larger ranges of channels. Catch-up tho not easy these days outside the official providers.

Get a VPN I use browsec on Chrome, which I only use to watch British TV. As well as the usual BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5, there is also UKTV Play, which is a good source of the older stuff. I can't remember the cost of browsec, but it will be cheaper than TV Mucho.

I found that the recording of programmes works well the recording on records the shedule tims so as most programmes over run you do not get the whole programme if that can be sorted then everything should beOK. As I find that it is no problem to use    

7 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

I found that the recording of programmes works well the recording on records the shedule tims so as most programmes over run you do not get the whole programme if that can be sorted then everything should beOK. As I find that it is no problem to use    

I found the recording works well too,except for one little detail: I often experience a little "loop". In other words a clip of about 5 to 10 seconds will be repeated. It was a little irritating and I am not sure if it was the one recording or whether it happens in them all - I haven't tried yet.

The really really annoying thing is the choice of colours in the Android version. I cannot see where to click as everything (all buttons are white on a white background. Also I couldn't see a button to open the "saved or recorded" programs. I had to connect my notebook to the TV to watch the recordings.

I will contact them tomorrow if these details are not fixed today.

Sadly the new format doesn't do it for me, my whole reason for using TVMucho was the catch-up facility.

So it's back to the VPN, less convenient but I can watch pretty well what I want, when I want without having to plan ahead.

I do enough planning in the office!

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Sadly the new format doesn't do it for me, my whole reason for using TVMucho was the catch-up facility.

So it's back to the VPN, less convenient but I can watch pretty well what I want, when I want without having to plan ahead.

I do enough planning in the office!

Mine works ok on my Android tablet, but it's a pain on my TV.

Have you tried the IPTV https://www.spacexiptv.com/subscription/airtv-extra.html if it does catch up on sport I might have a trial?

Just now, vogie said:

Mine works ok on my Android tablet, but it's a pain on my TV.

Have you tried the IPTV https://www.spacexiptv.com/subscription/airtv-extra.html if it does catch up on sport I might have a trial?

I have AirTV Extra. 

Yes it does catch-up on the major sport channels. Android and one device only but casting to Chromecast works pretty well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

Ihope you have better luck than when you contact them    

I chatted with them online last night and they are aware of the problems with the Android box version and are "working on them".

I have to use my Windows PC at the moment when choosing the saved programs as I can't see any text describing the program in the Android version.

My other problem with the "looping effect" seems to be confined to the one recording. Others are fine.

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

I have AirTV Extra. 

Yes it does catch-up on the major sport channels. Android and one device only but casting to Chromecast works pretty well.

The website doesn't give much information about the channels available, so it is difficult to know which package to subscribe to.

I will still give TVmucho a chance. The Windows version is fine and I was actually thinking about changing my Android box to a NUC device anyway. I am still in doubt as to which model I should buy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, petedk said:

The website doesn't give much information about the channels available, so it is difficult to know which package to subscribe to.

Yeah, I find that annoying too, although there is a free 3 day trial available.

Which channels are you interested in, I can fire mine up and check if they're available and have catch-up.

Saturday 1st August no change to my TVMucho yet.

Emailed mid week said it was a 'gradual roll out'.

Very gradual!

I subscribed originally to watch live formaula 1 then to highlights only (Thank you SKY) now if I dont pre-program them all in or watch live I willl miss a race

Anyone have a reliable stream for live F1?

1 hour ago, petedk said:

I chatted with them online last night and they are aware of the problems with the Android box version and are "working on them".

I have to use my Windows PC at the moment when choosing the saved programs as I can't see any text describing the program in the Android version.

My other problem with the "looping effect" seems to be confined to the one recording. Others are fine.

I've got Android on my tablet and have no trouble recording and accessing the recordings. I just click on the little tv image and select 'later' and I have two choices either 'recorded or scheduled' 

Do you not have this facility?

I'm away at the moment so no Android Box but using Firefox on my Mac there are no changes from before; catchup is working. Just a shame about the slow internet where I am right now. Hopefully the Android box issues will be sorted when I get back to Phuket.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 9:51 AM, vogie said:

I've got Android on my tablet and have no trouble recording and accessing the recordings. I just click on the little tv image and select 'later' and I have two choices either 'recorded or scheduled' 

Yes, I have that. No problem recording. The problem arises when I want to watch the recorded programs. All I have is the HUGE icons of the programs. The text is white against a white background, so I have no description of what they are. I have to test each one.

Oh, the schedule function is great in windows and is the same as before. On the Android box though I have to click on the channel I want to see the schedule for, then I get loke a "day diary come up with all the times at 30 minute intervals. I then have to click a time to see what is going to be shown at that time. Useless! I really can't use that, so all scheduling is done on my Windows PC.

On 8/1/2020 at 8:49 AM, Crossy said:

Yeah, I find that annoying too, although there is a free 3 day trial available.

Which channels are you interested in, I can fire mine up and check if they're available and have catch-up.

I guess I am interested in pretty much the same channels as TVmucho + sport (premier league). I cancelled my True subscription about 2 months ago thinking Brighton would be relegated, but they survived, so I'd like another year haha. Also I love to watch Liverpool.

Actually I was told that True have a "football" package for about 150 Baht a month.

Edited by petedk

I will check on my Android phone if it is any better.

Actually, when I chatted with TVmucho and told them that I had problems, they immediately asked if it was with an Android box. That is how I know they are aware of the problem.

Edit:

Just checked on my Android phone. It is much better than the box. I can see white text on a black background so all the descriptions are readable. The schedule is still one day for one channel. On Windows I have a nice view of all the programs for every channel.

The same with "Later". I can see the Title of the program and the description. With Android box I can only see the icon (photo of the program).

Edited by petedk

You get all the major channels that TVMucho has with 7 day catchup, plus Virgin, Sky (sport and non-sport),  BT Sport, Eurosport, EPL all with catchup. Total 167 UK / Eire channels.

Plus, Germany, Italy, France, Greece, Arabic (sport), Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey, Pakistan, India, Cyprus +++

It's worth getting the 3 day trial.

I've had it for 3 years now with no significant issues other than the occasional buffer. 

Not on the Android box. Maybe it is there but as all text is white on a white background, I can't see it.

I have it on Windows and my Android phone.

1 minute ago, petedk said:

I will check on my Android phone if it is any better.

Actually, when I chatted with TVmucho and told them that I had problems, they immediately asked if it was with an Android box. That is how I know they are aware of the problem.

As I say on my Android tablet it is very easy to use but on my Android Box I don't have the problems that you are experiencing, but it does get a bit faffy when trying to navigate the options. On the old TVMucho set up I could use my remote L & R, Up & Down button to get to the option, I cannot with the new setting without using the mouse option on the remote, it is a bit like playing the Golden Shot, Bernie the Bolt, left a bit, up a bit, tedious.

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You get all the major channels that TVMucho has with 7 day catchup, plus Virgin, Sky (sport and non-sport),  BT Sport, Eurosport, EPL all with catchup. Total 167 UK / Eire channels.

Plus, Germany, Italy, France, Greece, Arabic (sport), Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey, Pakistan, India, Cyprus +++

I've had it for 3 years now with no significant issues other than the occasional buffer. 

What is the difference between 'Plus and Extra' Crossy.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Thanks

I will give it an extensive 3 day trial later in the week when I have more time. I guess there are no Scandinavian channels. I sometimes miss them and would like to keep my language skills up.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

What is the difference between 'Plus and Extra' Crossy.

No idea I've only ever had Extra, you'll have to ask them, same price. In the past they have been pretty responsive to contact.

I just clicked "show all" on the channel list, 1335 channels of which I actually watch half a dozen.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2020 at 4:30 PM, Crossy said:

Have a look at AirTV-Extra, 7 days catchup on the important channels and a LOT more content than TV-Mucho (Sky, BT Sport, +++).

USD 200 per year for the all-in package https://www.spacexiptv.com/subscription/airtv-extra.html

Sadly it only works on Android and only one device.

Have tried sending two messages to Spacex, no reply to either, but I downloaded the apk and now it is asking me for the Activate Code, the ones on the auto generated email do not work, can you remember where you got yours from Crossy, thanks.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Have tried sending two messages to Spacex, no reply to either, but I downloaded the apk and now it is asking me for the Activate Code, the ones on the auto generated email do not work, can you remember where you got yours from Crossy, thanks.

Found it, thanks.

2 minutes ago, fangless said:

TVMucho.

Having watched a recording how do you then delete it?

On the recorded program you will see a 'watch later' it shows a cloud with an 'x' in it, click on this and then confirm.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

On the recorded program you will see a 'watch later' it shows a cloud with an 'x' in it, click on this and then confirm.

Thanks, I have now been able to clean my screen up.

It is not very intuitive is it?

• Like 1