Download from Youtube.

I have just bought a new Xioami Redmi Note9s I want to download videos from Youtube, so do I do it from my laptop to my smartphone, or just do it straight on my smartphone?

Anyone tell me how to go about doing this? 

Just now, possum1931 said:

I did this and it worked, thanks.

I have downloaded 3 songs and now it has stopped working, everything is fine right up until I try to transfer my song on to my smartphone, then it just will not do it.

On 7/26/2020 at 1:46 PM, Stocky said:

Any Video Converter works for me, there's a free or paid version, I coughed up for the paid version. Will download YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and several others, will also convert from just about any format to any format.

https://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

I have Any Video, I was using it and it worked well for ages, now it will not work at all after I have transferred the file.

Just now, possum1931 said:

I have Any Video, I was using it and it worked well for ages, now it will not work at all after I have transferred the file.

When I bought my new phone, the guy told me I could transfer songs from Youtube from the Youtube on my smartphone on to my music files. Anyone know how to do this?

Any Video Converter works for me, there's a free or paid version, I coughed up for the paid version. Will download YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and several others, will also convert from just about any format to any format.

I bought Any Video Convertor about three years ago, as you say, it works great, and converts just about anything...........But..........I never knew it would download too !!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh !!!!! I am not really a dumb a## am I ..........Thanks for the info, am going to check it out later..........:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have downloaded 3 songs and now it has stopped working, everything is fine right up until I try to transfer my song on to my smartphone, then it just will not do it.

You know you can "save" videos in a folder right on your youtube channel or just under your subscriptions..  Watch them anytime.  Even "cast" them to your TV or someone else's

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

You know you can "save" videos in a folder right on your youtube channel or just under your subscriptions..  Watch them anytime.  Even "cast" them to your TV or someone else's

Thanks, but I am only interested in downloading on to my smartphone, I have successfully tried two systems that worked for so long then just stopped.

If you simply need to convert a You Tube video to an mp3 file, try https://ytmp3/en13/   . Works for me

I also use Internet Download Manager to download the full video, then can use VLC to extract the audio to mp3 or wav.

Edited by stouricks
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I bought Any Video Convertor about three years ago, as you say, it works great, and converts just about anything...........But..........I never knew it would download too !!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh !!!!! I am not really a dumb a## am I ..........Thanks for the info, am going to check it out later..........:thumbsup:

Let me know how you get on.

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

If you simply need to convert a You Tube video to an mp3 file, try https://ytmp3/en13/   . Works for me

I also use Internet Download Manager to download the full video, then can use VLC to extract the audio to mp3 or wav.

Thanks. I use IDM as well, I will give the link a try.

This is a very funny one, it worked fine for a while, started being "not responding" when trying to convert to my smartphone, then working again for one download, then has been "not responding" ever since.

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

This is a very funny one, it worked fine for a while, started being "not responding" when trying to convert to my smartphone, then working again for one download, then has been "not responding" ever since.

Download with IDM to a folder on your PC, usually downloads, as an mp4. Then share it to your phone. 

Why do you not watch the direct YouTube on your phone? Bookmark it in your browser first.

Or if you have a Microsoft Account on your PC, you get OneDrive cloud storage up to 5GB free. Then install OneDrive on your phone. Done.

Or use Google Drive.

Edited by stouricks

All unnecessarily complicated. But I tire of telling the same people to use a SeedBox only to come back to see that they took no notice.

SeedBox can do this without the need to install any software to your PC or mobile phone in the first place.

No more from me on this subject.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

All unnecessarily complicated. But I tire of telling the same people to use a SeedBox only to come back to see that they took no notice.

SeedBox can do this without the need to install any software to your PC or mobile phone in the first place.

No more from me on this subject.

Good! Pay for your Seedbox, install filezilla etc etc. Download via IDM direct to OneDrive, there it is, available on all your devices.

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

Good! Pay for your Seedbox, install filezilla etc etc. Download via IDM direct to OneDrive, there it is, available on all your devices.

??

I have no idea what this has to do with what I wrote and why you quoted my post.

I wrote that there is no need to install any software at all. You can download direct to mobile phone and/or PC without any need to install any software. So how is what you wrote connected to what I wrote?

There is at least three separate software installations involved in your scenario. Filezilla, IDM and OneDrive. This forum is just amazing....

• Thanks 1

I have been using Any Video Converter to download from YouTube very successfully to my new Xiaomi smartphone, but AVC has been working well right up to when I click on "Xiaomi" to transfer song on to my smartphone, then I get a notice, "cannot copy item, the device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected". 

It obviously is not disconnected, so why should my device stop responding when it has been working well with AVC up until a few days ago, could it be a fault with the device? It is brand new.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Just use the download button in YouTube on your phone!!!E63DD536-1E9D-4193-83F7-538D6ADDF49D.thumb.jpeg.bbd2ce24a2691e3c1072366788613283.jpeg

FYI the download stays for a maximum of 3 days if you don’t connect to YouTube. If you have YouTube premium (we got it free for 6 months with a phone) it stays fo 30 days if you don’t connect.

But with both if you connect regularly the download stays all the time. Here are 10~15 hours of music.

94747AC1-F1B4-4752-9483-0BD483DA4C69.jpeg.c73f8cb5d90cb892b3f08e3cc27c176e.jpeg06F466EF-2A72-4F63-9BFC-63B716DA4EF5.jpeg.2aebfe9b0b192e7a3ca147c3e016d65f.jpeg

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

FYI the download stays for a maximum of 3 days if you don’t connect to YouTube. If you have YouTube premium (we got it free for 6 months with a phone) it stays fo 30 days if you don’t connect.

But with both if you connect regularly the download stays all the time. Here are 10~15 hours of music.

94747AC1-F1B4-4752-9483-0BD483DA4C69.jpeg.c73f8cb5d90cb892b3f08e3cc27c176e.jpeg06F466EF-2A72-4F63-9BFC-63B716DA4EF5.jpeg.2aebfe9b0b192e7a3ca147c3e016d65f.jpeg

I cannot get the hang of this, I am just not used to using YouTube on a smartphone, to download from YouTube I would need someone to show me personally and there are no farangs living near me at all.