UK Travel Corridors updated. Still no Thailand.

jojothai

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

I very much doubt Thailand will allow the UK back in even after international flights resume, there is just not enough tourist $$$ to warrant the risk 

As someone stuck in the UK away from their wife and daughter, I sincerely hope that if that happens, we tell them either exactly what they can do with their purchase of vaccine from us or tell them they are at the back of the queue for it until they resume flights

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The so called success of Thailand containing the virus will have an adverse effect

I’m in the UAE just now, and the UAE won’t allow anyone in from Thailand, no reasons it’s on the restricted list and has been since February.

The head is firmly stuck in the sand, stubborn to the core etc  

10 hours ago, bolt said:

The so called success of Thailand containing the virus will have an adverse effect

I’m in the UAE just now, and the UAE won’t allow anyone in from Thailand, no reasons it’s on the restricted list and has been since February.

It’s not their heads stick firmly in the sand. 

Thailand is on theirs and the UK restricted list for a reason. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bolt said:

First of all, there are no inbound commercial flights to Thailand. Then everything is about bilateral agreements. If Thailand still want every visitor to stay in a 14 days quarantine in a hotel (which is not free) and the other country don't agree,then there won't be any agreement. And if you look at the list of countries that are allowed into the UK, it's like the government were throwing darts on a map of the world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, bolt said:

Austria allows Japanese in but not Thais. Why not?

8 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

The UK is off it’s proverbial trolley. A country with one of the world's worst recorded on dealing with the virus is in no position to be calling others a high risk.

As is now known deaths from the virus in the UK have been over stated. An audit is underway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

As is now known deaths from the virus in the UK have been over stated. An audit is underway.

I think  you should say UNDERSTATED. in the 6 weeks from 27th March, 43,000 excess deaths occurred. If they didn't die of Covid-19, what did they die of? Since that period, about at least another 12,000 Covid-19 related deaths occurred before July, but i don't have the latest statistics available for excess deaths in that period. But i had seen a total figure of 52,000 suggested so far for 2020.

In July, excess deaths dropped below the average (probably because any seriously sick people who caught Covid-19 earlier died, so were not around to die in July)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, treetops said:

Yes the UK is doing badly, but you'd have to be asleep not to have heard about the figures not being a bit under suspicion.  Here's one article that skirts around it and there are many other countries in the same embarassing position.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53443724

In true Tory form, denial, lies, more lies, don’t say anything, falsify the data.....

• Like 1

Thai have opened bookings for TG911 from September 2, daily flight. TG917 resumes the Sunday after the time change. TAT have started their Amazing Thailand ads on TV. Well thats the left hand view, the right hand ,CAAT , looking to keep the ban on flights. I wouldn't part with any money just yet. 3 more repat flights in August from LHR scheduled.

• Thanks 1

The UK  does not include Thailand in its listing, because UK nationals are barred from entering Thailand. Sad to say, but the UK public has demonstrated significant  covidiotry with its mass gatherings, raves, refusal to wear masks and general  foolishness. As we know from experience, a sizable portion of Thailand's UK visitors to  is drawn from this demographic. No responsible public health official would allow such a high risk group to enter. It is to be expected that  Thailand will continue its entry restrictions to high risk countries (USA, UK, Russia, Brazil, South Africa, India) until those countries get their epidemics in check. Yes, we all know that some of the UK nationals blocked from entering are responsible people etc. Unfortunately,  they cannot be accommodated at this time. Once the UK population behaves in a more responsible manner it can expect a warmer reception globally. Australia and Canada don't want UK visitors either.

On 7/26/2020 at 3:40 AM, RichardColeman said:

As someone stuck in the UK away from their wife and daughter, I sincerely hope that if that happens, we tell them either exactly what they can do with their purchase of vaccine from us or tell them they are at the back of the queue for it until they resume flights

Thailand will most likely not be purchasing vaccine from the UK as the UK will need in excess of a year to supply its own urgent needs. There are however, agreements to allow for licensed manufacturers around the world to produce vaccine. Thailand will most likely purchase vaccine from China or India. If smart Thailand purchases from Taiwan or South Korea, but I expect that cost will beat out quality assurance.

Aside from the supply logistics, your position is unethical and would not be enacted. You wish to penalize a country for acting prudently and taking into consideration the needs of the country because you believe that your individual case is not addressed. Seriously?

On 7/26/2020 at 3:44 AM, bolt said:

Entry into  the UAE requires a COVID 19  test from an approved  facility. There are no approved sites in SE and north Asia. Japan and Taiwan are excluded. However, Egypt and Russia with their  out of control pandemics  can apply for a visa.  The issue is not with Thailand itself. 

And as a reminder, the UAE  has always required Thais to obtain a visa to enter the UAE.

15 hours ago, Guderian said:

Now that Vietnam has recorded its first locally-transmitted C19 cases since April, will the UK be removing the country from its green light list?

one case isn't a crisis. 

11 hours ago, Letseng said:

Austria allows Japanese in but not Thais. Why not?

Since when? According to the Austrian government, no entry for Japanese.

ENTRY FROM OUTSIDE THE EU AND THE SCHENGEN AREA

Austria has suspended the entry of third-country nationals (non-EU/EEA/CH citizens), including U.S. citizens, entering Austria from outside the EU and the Schengen area.

Exceptions apply i.a. for:

-Transit Passengers

-Family members of Austrian (and EU/EEA/CH) citizens living in the same household

-Holders of a D visa or residence permit issued by Austria

-Members of diplomatic missions and employees of international organizations (including their family members living in the same household)

https://www.austria.org/coronavirus

Edited by geriatrickid

36 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The UK  does not include Thailand in its listing, because UK nationals are barred from entering Thailand. Sad to say, but the UK public has demonstrated significant  covidiotry with its mass gatherings, raves, refusal to wear masks and general  foolishness.

Spain wear masks in the streets and shops, they are now having a spike, evidence on masks is weak. I've just bought camoflauge peace sign bandana to wear in the shops in the UK instead of a mask.

16 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Spain wear masks in the streets and shops, they are now having a spike, evidence on masks is weak. I've just bought camoflauge peace sign bandana to wear in the shops in the UK instead of a mask.

I wear a snood when required in shops etc. That’s the guidance we have for going offshore on helicopters. 

4 hours ago, treetops said:

Yes the UK is doing badly, but you'd have to be asleep not to have heard about the figures not being a bit under suspicion.  Here's one article that skirts around it and there are many other countries in the same embarassing position.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53443724

I was always puzzled by the discrepancy between daily UK deaths from C19 to the very flaky testing regime.  Early reports suggested testing was wholly unreliable and took nearly two weeks for the results.  Notwithstanding, next to no one was tested for C19 in the early days so how was each daily death deemed directly attributable to C19.  So, the UK government were reporting huge amounts of daily C19 deaths during April and May and each daily death was immediately reviewed to rubber-stamp C19.  

Real strange when you look at the government's own website for comparison data:  https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk.  Total number of lab confirmed cases is interesting.

Go figure and I never bought it in the first place.  

13 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The UK  does not include Thailand in its listing, because UK nationals are barred from entering Thailand.

Reciprocity has never been required by the UK, witness other nations who are allowed into the UK but not vice versa such as Vietnam.  There must be another reason(s) why Thailand is barred but I don't know for sure.  My guess would be the low testing numbers and a lack of belief in published results.

13 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Entry into  the UAE requires a COVID 19  test from an approved  facility.  There are no approved sites in SE and north Asia.

That is not a reason why Thais are not allowed into the UAE.  The instructions say if there is a designated facility you must use it, but otherwise those in a country without a facility on the list can make their own arrangements, as long as the facility is "accredited".  Any hospital or clinic would suffice.

So there must be another reason - perhaps the same as the UK?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

So that’s not a mask then? When on your body are you planning to wear it? Post some pics.

• Like 1