Florida records 9,300 new coronavirus cases, blows past New York

webfact

1 hour ago, innosiem said:

can you provide evidence that it is not ?

providing there are no lock downs etc. to prevent it.........oh wait, too late for that????‍♂️

You want to risk hundreds of thousands of lives on the unproven conjecture that herd immunity for Covid 19 might work?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You want to risk hundreds of thousands of lives on the unproven conjecture that herd immunity for Covid 19 might work?

And you want to destroy people's lives and economy(which will results in way more deaths) to save mostly old people with a short life expetancy?

You should check how many millions of people die of hunger every year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Please provide a link to where you obtained the ‘graph’ you have posted.

The US is currently facing a death toll of 1000 deaths per day, refer link below:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronavirus-updates-hundreds-texas-bar-owners-pledge-defiance/story?id=71982262

None other then the cdc itself.  Do you think I would post facts without getting it from the source?  

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

From the attendant technical notes:

"It is important to note that it can take several weeks for death records to be submitted to National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), processed, coded, and tabulated. Therefore, the data shown on this page may be incomplete, and will likely not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for the more recent time periods."

Yes correct.  And the point is?  Look at the shape of the graph.  Which way has it been heading for the last few months.  Feel free to keep drawing at straws though.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Here'a few more deaths to think about while you are trying to scare people without facts to back anything up.

"CANCER deaths caused by the indirect effects of Covid-19 on the NHS will outstrip the number predicted to die from the virus, experts have warned."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1268059/cancer-deaths-coronavirus-nhs

"U.N. warns economic downturn could kill hundreds of thousands of children in 2020"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-children-un/u-n-warns-economic-downturn-could-kill-hundreds-of-thousands-of-children-in-2020-idUSKBN21Y2X7

75,000 deaths of despair

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-deaths-suicides-drugs-alcohol-pandemic-75000/

Unicef says 1.2 million children under 5 years old will die in 6 months due to this.

https://www.unicef.org/press-releases/covid-19-devastates-already-fragile-health-systems-over-6000-additional-children.

Cancer deaths in the US and school meal programs in the poorer parts of the world will not be affected by how the US responds to Covid 19. 

The projections of "deaths of despair" are speculative, and significantly lower than the deaths from Covid 19.  Besides, aren't people who are pushed over the edge by Covid 19 in pretty bad shape already?  Why are you unconcerned about seniors and people with pre-existing health conditions being at risk from the virus, but concerned about unstable people?

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DavisH said:

Yeah, they year is only half over. The problem is, that for some countries, the rate of increase in the spread of infection is overcoming their capacity to treat patients - look at India, Brazil...once the ICU beds are all used up, the sick will be turned away. There are only so many ventilators to go around. This is going to get much worse over the next 6 months to a year - and that is IF a viable vaccine is developed. 

Those countries need to depopulate anyway, plenty of countries need to have smaller populations.

• Sad 5

55 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

More and more are going to be found to have the virus and the more testing they do the higher the number. A better indicator is ICU hospital and deaths.v so far they are low

That's why it's useful to know the percentage of positive tests.

20200711_101219.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are people really this dumb? 

Florida’s cases blow past New York because they are testing more than New York.

Meanwhile, New York has 5x more deaths than Florida. Big difference. Funny how the media was reporting deaths to scare the idiots but now they only report “cases” because deaths have plummeted. So they need another ruse to keep the sheep in line and scared of their shadows over a .04% flu.  

Edited by GeniusFarang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GeniusFarang said:

Meanwhile, New York has 5x more deaths than Florida. Big difference. Funny how the media was reporting deaths to scare the idiots but now they only report “cases” because deaths have plummeted. So they need another ruse to keep the sheep in line and scared of their shadows over a .04% flu.  

Ok mr genius why do they need to keep the sheep in line?to what end?whos to gain?and don’t tell me it’s to get rid of trump he’s done a fine job on that all by himself 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GeniusFarang said:

Here's something I came across which is showing facts, hot hype and scare mongering.

I live in Florida, which media outlets have described as a hotspot and a disaster in terms of the virus.

New York wasn't a disaster, they say. New York was a case of wise leadership.

So forget about having a rational discussion with people like this.

Here's the real situation:

The recent spike in "cases" in Florida -- hundreds of thousands of them -- is already past its peak, and it wasn't even close to another New York, which the Twitterverse predicted. 

There have been 341,670 "cases" among Florida residents under age 65. Of those, 11,496 have required hospitalization. And finally, 982 deaths.

So even in a state we've been urged to panic about, for the under-65 population the effects wouldn't even be noticeable if we weren't tracking them obsessively. Nobody would know anything was even happening.

Here's another item: the other day news outlets everywhere reported 77 deaths in Florida. Not reported was that only 10 of those deaths occurred on that day. The rest were added retroactively, going all the way back to June 14.

19 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Here's something I came across which is showing facts, hot hype and scare mongering.

I live in Florida, which media outlets have described as a hotspot and a disaster in terms of the virus.

New York wasn't a disaster, they say. New York was a case of wise leadership.

So forget about having a rational discussion with people like this.

Here's the real situation:

The recent spike in "cases" in Florida -- hundreds of thousands of them -- is already past its peak, and it wasn't even close to another New York, which the Twitterverse predicted. 

There have been 341,670 "cases" among Florida residents under age 65. Of those, 11,496 have required hospitalization. And finally, 982 deaths.

So even in a state we've been urged to panic about, for the under-65 population the effects wouldn't even be noticeable if we weren't tracking them obsessively. Nobody would know anything was even happening.

Here's another item: the other day news outlets everywhere reported 77 deaths in Florida. Not reported was that only 10 of those deaths occurred on that day. The rest were added retroactively, going all the way back to June 14.

I Understand misinformation regards Covid is contrary to forum rules, so I assume you have perhaps misunderstood reporting on Covid in Florida or out of date data. From a Tampa based media outlet dated 27 July...

Florida’s Department of Health reported 9,344 infections and 78 fatalities. The overall caseload is 423,855 since March 1, and the number of deaths tied to the virus is 5,972.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/07/26/florida-reports-9344-coronavirus-infections-sunday-78-deaths/

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I Understand misinformation regards Covid is contrary to forum rules, so I assume you have perhaps misunderstood reporting on Covid in Florida or out of date data. From a Tampa based media outlet dated 27 July...

Florida’s Department of Health reported 9,344 infections and 78 fatalities. The overall caseload is 423,855 since March 1, and the number of deaths tied to the virus is 5,972.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/07/26/florida-reports-9344-coronavirus-infections-sunday-78-deaths/

I think you missed the "under 65 years of age"  Nice try though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I think you missed the "under 65 years of age"  Nice try though.

my reaction to your post(s) is ''sad''. It's like you've stuck your head in the Florida sand. there is a virus. It kills. new research shows that even if you survive, there are risks that your major organs suffer permanent damage. I don't see this pigheadness in any other nationality, except the US. Your country has sold its soul to money a long time ago - get used to the fact that you haven't been ''free'' since forever.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, paddypower said:

my reaction to your post(s) is ''sad''. It's like you've stuck your head in the Florida sand. there is a virus. It kills. new research shows that even if you survive, there are risks that your major organs suffer permanent damage. I don't see this pigheadness in any other nationality, except the US. Your country has sold its soul to money a long time ago - get used to the fact that you haven't been ''free'' since forever.

My reaction to people who don't educate themselves as to the actual numbers and facts is "sad".  However, I realize the majority of people do not actually delve into the subject and just start parroting the narrative that is being spun.  That is "sad".

On 7/27/2020 at 4:40 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

Those countries need to depopulate anyway, plenty of countries need to have smaller populations.

as you can see by the reactions to your comment most people are not ready for real change on this planet.