pricey

9 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

So what is the average wage in Thailand ?

This is Switzerland

USD 62 283 per year

Swiss people earn USD 62 283 per year on average, much more than the OECD average of USD 43 241 and one of the highest rates in the OECD

Seems to me the skint should go to the Philippians. What an awfull life if your bothered ove a couple o bucks now n then.:coffee1:

I love a double Big Mac. I always considered it cheap here- can get absolutely full to overflowing for 500 baht with a Mcflurry and choclate Sundae to top it off. Normally get it on a Sunday night before work on Monday as a treat. If you were shocked at McDonald price, whatever you do don't even consider stopping at Burger King!

I had always considered it cheap over here, but that is probably because i am paid here and don't mentally convert things to home currency. Now someone has mentioned it, it does seem a bit steep, still i wont be stopping my Sunday night gluttony.

As I live 3 hours from the nearest McDonalds (and KFC) when I get the chance (every 6 weeks or so) for a Big Mac 'treat' I do not even look at the prices, I just order what I want, and until I read this thread I had no idea how much the comparative cost of a Big Mac is. Now I know thanks.

I also indulge in a take-away KFC Family Bucket (for a family of me) for about 400 Baht with loads of stuff which freezes and reheats well.

PS I eat healthy outwith these treat days. Everything in moderation.

Now I want a Big Mac! Will have one on Friday on a trip to Bangkok ????

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mr mr said:

did the big boy manage to do his big pee pee though ? jesus wept what adult writes they had to take a big pee pee. 

IT WAS SAID IN A HUMOURUS WAY.....obvious you have no funny side to yourself.....go seek solace in a temple......

• Haha 1

That's nearly a days work for a Thai. Just for a burger. But was thinking this the other day. I hr work min wage UK buys 5 liters petrol. Thailand one hour work min wage buys one and a half Litres. So yes Thailand is getting expense.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

That's nearly a days work for a Thai. Just for a burger. But was thinking this the other day. I hr work min Thai Slum or something.wage UK buys 5 liters petrol. Thailand one hour work min wage buys one and a half Litres. So yes Thailand is getting expense.. 

You live amongst slum dwellers n school teachers then.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Even our dog wouldn't like to eate this shxt, because our "cooking-boss" serves us daily an excellent and healthy food, rich of vitamines and low fat.

Why is it that there are so many overweight individuals especially in the Western countries? From eating unhealthy and poor quality food.

1 hour ago, yeahbutif said:

That's nearly a days work for a Thai. Just for a burger. But was thinking this the other day. I hr work min wage UK buys 5 liters petrol. Thailand one hour work min wage buys one and a half Litres. So yes Thailand is getting expense.. 

One hour at Arizona minimum wage of 11 USD gets you 25 liters of high quality gasoline.  Seen some very good smoke for a buck per gram.  Could also get 2 pounds of USDA Choice beef tenderloin for 11 on the occasional sale.  Three bottles of very drinkable wine..domestic or import.  

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, puck2 said:

Even our dog wouldn't like to eate this shxt, because our "cooking-boss" serves us daily an excellent and healthy food, rich of vitamines and low fat.

Why is it that there are so many overweight individuals especially in the Western countries? From eating unhealthy and poor quality food.

Not always.  Gluttony and over eating is a prime cause.  I know folks who eat three meals a day at fast food places and are still in great shape.  Everybody's metabolism and body are different.  I survive on only 1200 calories a day and still have a hard time loosing weight while doing 6km 6 days a week.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paiman said:

I guess everybody has his own sets of rules to make a decision. Not a sad way at all. Just different compared to yours.

I assume any way living different compared to yours is sad way to live?

I find it sad way to live being so intolerant.

That would make a great T-shirt..

I guess

I assume

I find

Could also be a movie in there ...I'm thinking Jim Carey perhaps! ????????????????

On 7/27/2020 at 6:18 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

That's where the local boys go with the girls to impress them. Look, 215B!

I did go in Mcdonalds for an Angus burger late at night, waited behind the only other customer (a young lady) and walked hand in hand out of Mcdonalds with the young lady. So the high priced burger was well worth it. She even paid for her own fries.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Afters was probably the healthiest part of the meal! 

Yes more fiber and the grease on the packaging probably would assist in it sliding through your system....l

21 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

I did go in Mcdonalds for an Angus burger late at night, waited behind the only other customer (a young lady) and walked hand in hand out of Mcdonalds with the young lady. So the high priced burger was well worth it. She even paid for her own fries.

Of course you gave her a banana....

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 7:14 AM, bwpage3 said:

If I wanted a Big Mac, I would have a Big Mac.

If you have to let $5 decide whether or not you can have a Big Mac, that is a sad way to have to live.

215 baht is $5 ?  I want to know where your exchange booth is. 

For decades there has been something called "the McDonald's Index", begun by some business guys as a quick cost of living indicator for expats rather than the usual list of items combined (rent, schooling, mia noi, etc ???? ). https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_price_rankings?itemId=3

I suppose attraction (in part)is McD's is viewed as comfort food, reminder of back home, etc. Discomfort comes later. I eat there maybe 2X per year, also as a reminder of what <deleted> it truly is. As pointed out earlier, asking for mustard often tosses them for a loop. It is standard on burgers in USA fwiw.

To each their own. I do think twice when I know I can get a whole grilled Tub Tim or thali plate at an Indian restaurant for less. Example (regarding price/flavor/nutrition) that with McD's "less is more".

On 7/27/2020 at 6:50 PM, sammieuk1 said:

I had a shock stuck here in the UK had a burger king whopper meal delivered by deliveroo £11.69 ate the box and bag for afters ???? 

You should have eaten the box and bag first, then throw the rest away..........more nutritious and less chemicals.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:52 AM, ThailandRyan said:

USA has them 2 for $5.00 now on a special plus $1.00 for any size soft drink and $1.00 for a large fry....lol, I still have the stupid McDonalds app from California on my cell phone and i get notifications.....

Yo TR Ill jump over there and grab ya 2 if you can sponsor me for the Elite Visa and get me back to the LOS!!

Supersize Me!!