I see no ships

izod10

I went to Laem Chabang a few weeks ago and got off Suk at the port junction to go to Harbour Mall. Wile waiting at the traffic lights, there seemed to be the usual endless stream of trucks coming and going to the port. If there are no ships, why would there still be so much heavy traffic?

Today's shipping news......same boat swinging at anchor, another small freighter Id say trying for a three point turn,going nowhere actually,just drifting

nothing,no car transporters,no ships large or small/loading /unloading,  none,nil

57 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Today's shipping news......same boat swinging at anchor, another small freighter Id say trying for a three point turn,going nowhere actually,just drifting

nothing,no car transporters,no ships large or small/loading /unloading,  none,nil

Relax and have a cold beer! 

Recently the trains passing by my place have had the containers "socially distanced"    one container one space one container one space..I have seen no evidence of mask wearing containers though so they must all be "dirty foreigner" containers ????

• Haha 1

With living near the shipping ports on the Chao Phrya, the normal morning only shows around 3 barges being pulled by Tugs.  The channel used to be full all day long.  From my balcony I can see many boats at anchor and the same for the tugs.  Not much moving on the river around Icon Siam.  Of course all the dinner cruise boats have also been stopped and Asiatique is still closed as well.

• Like 1

In the past 10 days, the Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysian and Indonesian health authorities have either shut down their fast-track marine crew change channels or revised their regulations to allow only their own nationals to crew change or have enforced mandatory 14-day quarantines for crews in transit from/to their vessels and/or homeland. AFAIK, Thailand wasn't a marine crew changing hub so didn't have any special rules. However, the lack of shipping is still telling.

Governments, ship owners, operators and the related unions and labor organizations that comprise the whole shipping industry don't seem to be treating the crews of commercial shipping as essential workers and thus maintaining safe and healthy ways to keep this very important part of world commerce literally afloat. Last month, there was an estimated 280,000 marine crew that had been offshore continuously for over 6 months. The 'fast track' systems that included Abu Dhabi had started to make a dent in these numbers. I am not sure if Jebel Ali is still open but for the far east, it's back to square #1.

Meanwhile, some self-entitled Brits that got bored with their taxpayer-funded homestay, maxed out their Netflix subscription and went off to party in Malaga  are feeling a bit miffed that they've been told that they'll need to quarantine for 14-days when they get back to Britain.

This som nam-nah moment brought to you buy the word 'Covid' and the number '19'.