Extension Of Amnesty Now In the Royal Gazette

Has anyone yet had an official response from CW about what extensions are permitted for those that have only  "Amnesty time" now? 

I've made four attempts at ringing their office on three different days, times (not at lunch time) and either nobody picks up or I get put on hold and then the call drops.  May have to hoof it over there... is that food market still operating?

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ubonjoe, you have mentioned few times that you skipped yours during amnesty, will you now be doing one during August?

My extension of stay is due this month so I plan on taking a competed TM47 report with me to do one if they want it. It would not be due until November and I will do one then unless things change (2nd wave lock down and another amnesty).

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Caldera said:

That translation service just degraded the PM to the rank of Major General. I hope the rest of the translation is more accurate.

Just minor typo would be my guess, It still says he is the prime minister.

I am sure the rest is accurate.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Has anyone yet had an official response from CW about what extensions are permitted for those that have only  "Amnesty time" now? 

What type of extension do you want or qualify for?

I think you will need to go there in person to get an answer.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What type of extension do you want or qualify for?

I think you will need to go there in person to get an answer.

Yes, a visit may be needed to confirm. Today I've found a few comments in other topics that CW does not consider the Amnesty as a "standard" extension and will not accept applications for further extensions e.g (1 year marriage ext.)  for those only on Amnesty time.

Out of curiosity I emailed an Agent and they responded with "Chaeng Watthana?  Sure no problem, just need X amount Baht"  hehe      Oh Thailand.. you so crazy!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

've found a few comments in other topics that CW does not consider the Amnesty as a "standard" extension and will not accept applications for further extensions e.g (1 year marriage ext.)  for those only on Amnesty time

Not sure about that.

Those who entered on ME marriage can apply for 60 day extension based on visit family. Then with that permission of stay can obtain non o based on marriage and then obtain annual extension. 

Some however used their extension already or cannot meet financials.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes, the negative reports are from those that can meet financials but have already used the 60 day extension and are here on Amnesty time only.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Like 1

Those who entered on ME marriage can apply for 60 day extension based on visit family. Then with that permission of stay can obtain non o based on marriage and then obtain annual extension. 

Ironic that for Non Imm O ME Visa holders, Immigration will allow you to apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife/family when on permission of stay granted by amnesty, yet, they won't allow to apply for an annual extension to stay with Thai wife/family when on permission of stay granted by amnesty.

That was my understanding, however UJ and Peter Dennis have stated that you can apply for an annual extension directly form a 60 day extension, presumably because you entered on a Non O in the first instance, which makes sense, but I'm not convinced that every IO is applying it that way, some insisting on a new Non O application from the 60 day extension prior to an annual extension application.

Your one of the experts on tvf. I always read your posts. 

On this one I don't agree. It's not semantics, I believe that those in Thailand without current valid stamp in pp, do not have a "permission of stay", rather they have been allowed to remain in Thailand due to covid situation.

Hence the pathway obtaining an extension is required. Same for those that entered on visa exempt and tourist visa etc.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thank you, I'm flattered.

On this one I don't agree.

On which one, I posted twice on different points.

On this one I don't agree. It's not semantics, I believe that those in Thailand without current valid stamp in pp, do not have a "permission of stay", rather they have been allowed to remain in Thailand due to covid situation.

The first infographic called it a extension. And some called it a automatic extension.

Extension would imply it extended your original entry into the country to the day the ministerial order ended and/or it was extended to. I would say that would indicate a permit to stay until that day. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hence the pathway obtaining an extension is required. Same for those that entered on visa exempt and tourist visa etc.

As i told you already in some other topic, the ministerial order about the amnesty literally says "extend the permission of stay [...]".

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

This announcement has possibly muddied the waters further with the speakers use of a "Grace period".   

That is not immigration saying it is a grace period.

People can call it whatever they want to but it is not really correct.

44 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

This announcement has possibly muddied the waters further with the speakers use of a "Grace period".   

From the 7.10 minute mark

He only refers to the window of August 1st - Sept 26th to submit extension application (subject to eligibility) as a 'Grace period'.

5 hours ago, Pib said:

Yea...I noticed that also...but Google Translate gets his rank right.

image.png.d484bab7f62f867f72381ae3c0083b84.png

And I just noticed that although Google Translate got his rank right but not the year....the Thai year is 2563.   Above was Google Translate using cut and paste on my computer and got the year wrong....but when when using Google Translate on my phone to scan & translate it gets the date correct as 2563.   Even Google Translate finds Thai challenging to translate.