Jump to content

Pattaya: Half of the resort's CCTV doesn't work - but mayor points to brighter future


webfact

Recommended Posts

Pattaya: Half of the resort's CCTV doesn't work - but mayor points to brighter future

 

9pm.jpg

 

Pattaya's mayor has admitted that half of his CCTV cameras don't work. He has outlined measures to improve the situation for the security of locals and tourists.

 

77khaoded said that hundreds of millions of baht has been thrown at CCTV in Pattaya and the public want answers as to why so much of it doesn't work and why repairs have not been made. 

 

Explaining the problems, mayor Sontaya Khunpluem said that much of the system was old and many fiber optic cables linking the more than 2000 cameras to the CCR command center had burnt out. 

 

He said that electrical authority work to bury cables will help with this.

 

9pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

 

He is also spending the 50 million baht of local budgets on improving wi-fi in Pattaya that will address the problem and result in 80% capacity.

 

Tourism will also be able to access the wi-fi.

 

Things will further improve with 50 million baht spent on new equipment increasing coverage to 3,000 cameras. 

 

This budget will include maintenance. 

 

Source: 77kaoded

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-30
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Solar powered cameras are now available. A memory card is stored within them, and it records on a loop. If there is an incident, pull the card. If not, stays as is. These could be installed all over the city without the need for them to be relayed back to HQ.

 

However, I am sure that they will find the most expensive <deleted>tiest camera out there, double the price and install that one. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, thequietman said:

However, I am sure that they will find the most expensive <deleted>tiest camera out there, double the price and install that one.

I doubt that the one in the first pic looks like one of those cheapies from China you can get from Lazada/Aliexpress .

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, thequietman said:

A memory card is stored within them, and it records on a loop.

 

That is for sure not the most reliable method. Often the cards fail after some months. And if you commit a crime taking the camera with you is a solution if the data is not transferred to somewhere else immediately.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the pumps don't work we will fix that , CCTV doesn't work , we will fix that .

We spent I don't know how much on Pelican crossings that nobody bothers with.

We want to build a monorail , we want to put all the electric cables underground .

and life goes on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webfact said:

mayor Sontaya Khunpluem said that much of the system was old and many fiber optic cables linking the more than 2000 cameras to the CCR command center had burnt out.

Being pedantic, what is it that's caused the fibre optic cables to have 'burnt out'?

The fibre optic signal can't cause it to burn out, so is there some other unspecified factor involved? Or am I asking too many questions - I'm obviously not a journalist.

 

55 minutes ago, petermik said:

The Mayor points to a "brighter future" Mr Mayor..tomorrow never comes :thumbsup:

Yes, but there will be jam as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webfact said:

 

Pattaya's mayor has admitted that half of his CCTV cameras don't work

Is that black insulating tape wrapped around the box thingy .?

Proper job that ..  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He said that electrical authority work to bury cables will help with this.. and also to bury what the budget really got spent on said one alleged prostitute 🤔 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Being pedantic,

I've been there .. in fact if I'd got a penny for everytime I was called one I'd have £567.28 .. 

 

19 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

 

That is for sure not the most reliable method. Often the cards fail after some months. And if you commit a crime taking the camera with you is a solution if the data is not transferred to somewhere else immediately.

 

 

The card in my dashcam runs since years. If the robbers, murders and so on would be so clever that they deinstall the cards or cameras after the crime, they would cut the wires or cover the lenses now before they do their crimes. But they don´t have ladders with them or think at the cameras as you can see at the many published videos.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Solar powered cameras are now available. A memory card is stored within them, and it records on a loop. If there is an incident, pull the card. If not, stays as is. These could be installed all over the city without the need for them to be relayed back to HQ.

 

That must be the dumbest idea I have heard since long.

 

So whenever there is an incident someone will climb up the ladder to remove the memory cards from a bunch of cameras, to analyse them, right?

 

And not only that, but also every week or so someone will climb up the ladder to check if the memory cards in those 2000 cameras have an error or not.

 

My advice, don't give up the day job, I only can hope it isn't security expert

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

So whenever there is an incident someone will climb up the ladder to remove the memory cards from a bunch of cameras, to analyse them, right?

 

And not only that, but also every week or so someone will climb up the ladder to check if the memory cards in those 2000 cameras have an error or not.

Jobs for everyone. What's the problem?  🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It's just not cricket.

I know - it's tape!  🙂  For future reference, this is a cricket. (Top)  The tape is on the bottom. 🙂

crick.jpg

tape.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thequietman said:

I know - it's tape!  🙂  For future reference, this is a cricket. (Top)  The tape is on the bottom. 🙂

crick.jpg

tape.jpg

A combination of the two.

Bigfoot caught on tape:

image.png.e9b6d55ac5fea8afa6a2122906402e3c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the mayor willing to admit that half are not working, bet your last baht 90% of the cameras not working...

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

If the mayor willing to admit that half are not working, bet your last baht 90% of the cameras not working...

Very true.

Must be even more fibre optic cable that mysteriously burnt itself out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, petermik said:

The Mayor points to a "brighter future" Mr Mayor..tomorrow never comes :thumbsup:

If you are the "Mayor" of Pattaya you have a brighter future, look where the previous "Mayor" is now!

Just keep feeding the public #S, keep raking the cash in, share with your family and benefactors :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya: Half of the resort's CCTV doesn't work - but mayor points to brighter future

again, or still?

But since your glass is half-full, what does work in your realm?

Link to post
Share on other sites

"..hundreds of millions of baht has been thrown at CCTV in Pattaya..."

Well, that explains it. Throw the money and then various and sundry officials scoop up the money off of the ground.

Perhaps if money were spent with a reputable skilled firm to install... ah, who am I kidding?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not.....they made a motza after the first failed installation of hundreds of cameras....some probably never worked....and some were only cases with nothing inside.

Round 2 and get the bank books out again......you gotta love this place!

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya's mayor has admitted that half of his CCTV cameras don't work. He has outlined measures to improve the situation for the security of locals and tourists

he'll ask for another multi billion baht budget to buy some more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, geisha said:

You can’t even cross the road safely in Pattaya or Jomtien, so they’re going to fix the rest ? 

should have built subways for people to cross roads....OHHHHHH no they would be flooded when it rains !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

re·sort
/rəˈzôrt/
 
noun
  1. 1.
    a place that is a popular destination for vacations or recreation, or which is frequented for a particular purpose.
     
    Well, I guess Whorehouses are resorts, too since they're frequented for a particular purpose. 🤣
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...