Economic factors keeping foreign travellers stranded

geovalin

Foreigners have continued to be left stranded in Cambodia because many are unable to receive refunds on cancelled flights, are not eligible for embassy loans and have no employment opportunities to fund expensive flights home. According to the Foreigner Present in Cambodia System, 114,367 foreigners remain in the Kingdom. In response, social media groups are providing financial advice on the best routes to return home.

Nick Cross from England said he set up a group after he had five flight cancellations with five different airlines in late March and early April. “In the end, I managed to get out on my 6th attempt. I felt the pain of many failed attempts and still to this day haven’t recovered the funds from those flights. Our group is here to support people by reducing stress and anxiety when making decisions on booking flights,” he said.

In April special flights were organised by embassies. However, reports from those still stranded are that some of these flight were too expensive for low budget travellers, costing more than $1,500. Simply not able to afford the flight many waited in the hope that prices would come down. However, this has not been the case.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50750937/economic-factors-keeping-foreign-travellers-stranded/