Flooding

Rotweiler

Part 2 now.  The river is full and plugged with debris in several spots.  Looks like the surrounding villages are in for it.  At back door, about 30cm water.  The local soi is impassible.  Hway 118 blocked in at least three locations that we know about.  Likely more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

What a pic?  Sure...

Thanks ........ looks fairly serious.

Hope it doesn't cost too much for you to fix.

My house has escaped the SanSai dam bust ....... but 1/2KM down the road it's the same as you.

Edited by BritManToo

13 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

hmmmm   What may I ask does owning or not owning a "smartphone" have to do with my post? 

What a pic?  Sure...

The back of my house at 1 am this morning.

F-20200802_231112.jpg

How did you take the photos, and post on here so quickly. ?

7 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

The Mae Lao River overflowed last night and we were hit by a flash flood.  MUCH damage. 

You have my sympathy, Mr R. - Good luck and all the best,

hope there are many people to help?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You don't have to have internet if you don't want. I had a flip and a Nokia forever. But last year I bought a smart phone. Googlemap is now my friend. Been driving 48 yrs without GPS, gotta say its pretty neat.

Well yes, but do you have it in your hand whilst walking round Tesco, or does it point out the correct isle for you......????........................????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem is and always has been the governments refusal to pay workers to clean the <deleted> out of the rivers so they can flow freely. Their attitude is, it's only a problem when the river is flooding. So why should they pay to have it cleaned when it isn't flooding.

• Like 2

People are actually afraid to get a smartphone because they fear they won't be able to control themselves and their usage?

So sad! They are also afraid to have a drink so they don't become a drunk? Just wondering, OMG Or have sex, lest they become a sex addict?

• Haha 1