Why are people staying in Thailand when then can't meet TI's financial requirements?

Boomer6969

5 hours ago, checkered flag said:

It's not a concern of mine, but I bet the cost of service will increase. It's like supply and demand. I do feel it's sad that some must resort to using an agent when it's very easy to meet the requirements.

It's more sad that you feel the need to make so many posts about it here. Why was once not enough?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

You might note that it is not the OP who is Trolling the thread, but someone who has taken it upon themselves to change the topic of the OP. I give you....checkered flag.

Well, he found an opening that's right up his street, "wind up street".....????

7 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

You might note that it is not the OP who is Trolling the thread, but someone who has taken it upon themselves to change the topic of the OP. I give you....checkered flag.

well......he managed to hook you very easily. Now you're thrashing around as he reels you in.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Naivety is cute. Just because one ties up all his money in a country where he pays for a home in someone else name and gets caught up in visa problems, calling this your home will matter not a bit. I have invested alot here myself, both money and emotions, I get it, you feel like this is home. But, it's not.

Did you buy a house in someone else's name? I didn't. Do I call it my home? No, but for me it is like a second home.

For some, it is their home. Some are being disabused of that notion. But I won't be the one sitting here gloating at their discomfort.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

well......he managed to hook you very easily. Now you're thrashing around as he reels you in.

Why are you posting nonsense? Does it look like I am thrashing around. People are approving of my posts and disapproving of his, but in your opinion I am thrashing around....

Seems your opinion is in the minority of one.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Did you buy a house in someone else's name? I didn't. Do I call it my home? No, but for me it is like a second home.

For some, it is their home. Some are being disabused of that notion. But I won't be the one sitting here gloating at their discomfort.

I bought 2 homes, same person the mother of our daughter owns both. I consider this to be my home but Thailand isn't. I have alternatives should something happen as should everyone else.

I'm not gloating, but maybe that guy is.

6 hours ago, thequietman said:

Now. imagine taking a blacklight into that room!

What ever you pay for it, it is definitely TOO much. ????

Nothing erotic about that room to me, screams bad taste to me. Decorator should never receive another commission

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Nothing erotic about that room to me, screams bad taste to me. Decorator should never receive another commission

Notwithstanding the fact that where you have polar bears you can't have penguins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Hasn't for yours. You could not even spell "province" and you claim to live in Thailand. 

You also used "clues" instead of "cues".

You give a lot away the more that you write.

Perhaps time to call again on your secretary/admin assistant. 

Oh so sensitive. But you understood what I meant. Province is not a term I grew up with although it is used in Thailand so I should do better. The subject wasn't so spelling sensitive as it was about "why are people staying in Thailand when they can't meet the financial requirements" Seems you have a problem with that and/or staying on subject. Is that a form of trolling?  If so I'll ignore your continued insults.

The topic is:

"Why are people staying in Thailand when then can't meet TI's financial requirements? "

I think the answers are pretty simple in that they don't or no longer can afford it. Many came here when the pound was at 72 baht to the pound and it's no longer that high. The whys don't matter and it's a fact. 

The first setback was the withdrawal of the embassy letter,  that some were not being honest. At the time some suggested recycling cash to show transfers. TI responded by making the requirement as foreign transfers etc. The next setback is doing border bounces to avoid extensions requiring proof of financials. This worked pretty good until Covid shut down the borders. Therefore, the screws are tightening. There seems two options for those lacking the financials. One is the use of agents (not sure if it will work forever) and going home.

To answer the question: I think they need to decide themselves on their priorities. It's not Thailand's or the foreign communities' responsibility to meet the financial requirements for them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Well that's their poor choice isn't it?

Why would someone's decision to live in a foreign country such as Thailand and make it there home be as you say "Their poor choice".  Is there something you want to add to your very clever answer.  I chose to move here as a retiree.  Have no problems jumping through whatever hoops there may be, but it was my decision and a choice I standby.  Markets change and money fluctuates.  Governments become corrupt or bereft of being able to help people because they could care less.  It unfortunately is the same in any country throughout the world, finances are always an issue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, checkered flag said:

No problem. Have you ever hear the comment "no money no honey" . You aren't entitled to any more. Thailand doesn't have foreign entitlements the last I checked. 

oh my honey, that's a pity, I am gonna cry out loud day and night. 

10 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Keyboarding? ???? "is not one of your essential skills(sic)"

Successful? Certainly not with your education. The way you write reminds me of the way Koreans speak. So I think that you were an immigrant to the USA in the first place.

Either way, it's rather sad that you judge everything by the amount of money that you have. Makes me believe that you don't have any real friends.

My Thai friends, from all walks of life, have no basis on the amount of money that I might have. Some of them I met as a backpacker.

To give you an idea, whilst I was sitting chatting with one of them, the Foreign Minister at the time popped in for a chat.

I have the contacts of current Government ministers in my phone right now. Yet, I was a lowly backpacker.

So please, your elitist statements are just making you look like a sad wannabee. Try to look beyond your own existence and beyond your obsession with money and understand that money is just one one, sadly too important, aspect of people's lives.

I care about people/nature, not about money.

who gives a s*** ?? 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Why are you posting nonsense? Does it look like I am thrashing around. People are approving of my posts and disapproving of his, but in your opinion I am thrashing around....

Seems your opinion is in the minority of one.

yes Sir. you are trashing around, stop now this is your last warning. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Keyboarding? ???? "is not one of your essential skills(sic)"

Successful? Certainly not with your education. The way you write reminds me of the way Koreans speak. So I think that you were an immigrant to the USA in the first place.

Either way, it's rather sad that you judge everything by the amount of money that you have. Makes me believe that you don't have any real friends.

My Thai friends, from all walks of life, have no basis on the amount of money that I might have. Some of them I met as a backpacker.

To give you an idea, whilst I was sitting chatting with one of them, the Foreign Minister at the time popped in for a chat.

I have the contacts of current Government ministers in my phone right now. Yet, I was a lowly backpacker.

So please, your elitist statements are just making you look like a sad wannabee. Try to look beyond your own existence and beyond your obsession with money and understand that money is just one one, sadly too important, aspect of people's lives.

I care about people/nature, not about money.

I thought so. No money traveling the world as an entitled youth`as a backpacker living off the generosity and piety of mostly poor people. Now you are in a bind because you can't do your regular border bounce. That explains your opposition to the financial requirements. Thailand isn't a nanny state like your home.

I do agree that money shouldn't be your primary driving force, but personal responsibility should be. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Here's one thought - What would happen to many in Thailand if using an agent became a thing of the past other than to help facilitate the paperwork. Another words (personal) bank statements and proof of med ins were mandatory. I wonder how many "Agent" haters try to tattle on others to the IO.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, checkered flag said:

I thought so. No money traveling the world as an entitled youth`as a backpacker living off the generosity and piety of mostly poor people. Now you are in a bind because you can't do your regular border bounce. That explains your opposition to the financial requirements. Thailand isn't a nanny state like your home.

I do agree that money shouldn't be your primary driving force, but personal responsibility should be. 

ok father ????

On 8/8/2020 at 2:45 PM, BritManToo said:

Would agree with you, but Thais have almost no rights or say in anything.

"It's the right of General Prayut to set whatever requirements he likes"

is more accurate IMHO.

It's been the right of every Thai government since the 30s. Don't know why you specify an individual.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Here's one thought - What would happen to many in Thailand if using an agent became a thing of the past other than to help facilitate the paperwork. Another words (personal) bank statements and proof of med ins were mandatory. I wonder how many "Agent" haters try to tattle on others to the IO.

Since you brought up this scenario all on your ownsome, would you?

Would you "tattle on others" I mean?