Why are people staying in Thailand when then can't meet TI's financial requirements?

Boomer6969

7 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Thais also enjoy a 30 baht public healthcare scheme that does not extend to foreigners, and with 9k per month good luck to pay your hospital bill if, say, you suffer a broken leg or worse...

My social security card entitles me to cheap healthcare at my registered government hospital apparently, not sure  if thats part of the Bt.30.00 scheme or not because I prefer the pretty nurses at Pattaya Bangkok hospital that my employer provided private health insurance pay's for !!

45 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

800,000 / 12 months = 66,666THB per month.

I think we can all agree that it's possible to spend a lot less than that and still live comfortable.

I can get a wine cooler from my local mom and pop shop for 37 Baht , or I can get a large Chang for 50 Baht in my local bar, served by a pretty in a Chang uniform and I pay my girlfriend 10 000 Baht a month to pretend to be my wife and I get 50 cent beers when I go to Cambodia and rent for 500 Baht a night and when I have a accident, I go to a government hospital and get everything done for 30 Baht

Edited by CorpusChristie
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

It's Ok if some want to get by cheap living in Thailand. However, they must be able to afford the money in the bank or monthly transfers to get a legitimate extension/visa. Those that can't are simply trying to take advantage of Thai generosity. They expect the government and Thai people to come to their rescue. Thailand isn't a nanny state and needs to assist Thais not falongs living on the cheap. Because one's pension ia too small isn't Thailand doing, complain to your government. 

Most Thais, well off or poor, look down at cheap charlies. They don't understand how these people degrade themselves.

I'm not for throwing away money to impress others and I know the value of things and services, but I'm never cheap. Some cheap charlies even recount their change to be sure the seller didn't short them one baht, but wouldn't return the one baht if overpaid. Shameful!

If you really need a couple of baht, sit on the street with a tin cup and I'll drop in my spare change.

why have you quoted me, nothing in you post references my post

22 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

if you can't afford a legit visa you can afford bar girls either, so why do you stay here?

I couldn't afford bar girls after my divorce, but I still wanted to live in LOS till I died. I can't afford women back home either so that doesn't come into it, but my lifestyle in LOS was waaaaaay better than here. I only left because I could not afford 75,000 baht for medical insurance as well as a non O.