Tourism-reliant Thailand shelves 'travel bubble' plan as Asia virus cases rise

webfact

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No one is going to want to take a tourist trip only to face 2 week quarantine

exactly ..... so based on that, the only answer is can that idea ( if you want tourists )  once a vaccine is available.

I am continually amazed that the TAT and Government hold on to this idea that people will do 2 weeks quarantine to vacation in Thailand, and likely 2 weeks when they go home. Thailand is just not that appealing anymore.

It just will not happen, apart from some people using it to get back to Thailand.

So, this is a non issue....no one will give up 4 weeks of their lives to holiday in Thailand, and to keep pushing this agenda shows just how out of touch, delusional and desperate the TAT is.

It's over for the next 6-12 months. Focus on the reality and deal with it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

It will find it's way in eventually if you keep the boarders shut or not and I have no doubt Thailand can deal with it.

If they're waiting for the Vaccine I reckon it's going to be couple of years can they wait that long?
Immunity is the way to go but that people need to be exposed to the Virus.
Flatten the curve not eliminate it.

you mean the Trump approach ? Thailand is little different from a state in the USA....

4 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

What if the Chinese vaccine comes out first and they say we must take it.I for one

would not take it, as we just don't know what would be in it.They lie so much and they

don't care about anyone even their own.

Chinese authorities do care about the people of the country and the rest of the world. The people are feed and housed and I consider thay are leader's I in environmental issues. Solar energy is a typical example. keeping a dog in china.com is first class. Thailand would adopt it as rabies is a killer. Beach dogs are an eg.

16 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

These people speak everyday like uncontrollable mouth diarrhea but hen have to backtrack by putting in a bi maxi pad. Expats to the rescue and give us PR status. they do that and i would guarantee them to spend 500,000 baht in the next 2 weeks. 

You want PR, apply for it.

18 minutes ago, DLock said:

I am continually amazed that the TAT and Government hold on to this idea that people will do 2 weeks quarantine to vacation in Thailand, and likely 2 weeks when they go home. Thailand is just not that appealing anymore.

It just will not happen, apart from some people using it to get back to Thailand.

So, this is a non issue....no one will give up 4 weeks of their lives to holiday in Thailand, and to keep pushing this agenda shows just how out of touch, delusional and desperate the TAT is.

It's over for the next 6-12 months. Focus on the reality and deal with it.

Yes but CV 19 has an incubation period of 14days. They could have been in contact with an infected person then what do you do. People sould read the conditions of entering the kingdom before they set out. One wouldn't jump into the deepest part of the swimming baths if one can't swim. Think before you leap.

Edited by Percy P

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism-reliant Thailand shelves 'travel bubble' plan as Asia virus cases rise

It was dead even before getting off the ground.. forget international tourism this year, possibly regaining some ground next year.

These people speak everyday like uncontrollable mouth diarrhea but hen have to backtrack by putting in a bi maxi pad. Expats to the rescue and give us PR status. they do that and i would guarantee them to spend 500,000 baht in the next 2 weeks. 

Too many foreign undesirables stay in Thailand for that to be considered fortunately.

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I'm not sure I'd even go for PR anymore even if they were desperate enogh to give it. Had enough of the Thai bureaucracy and I'm too far gone from thinking Thailand would be a permanent place to stay in anymore. Thailand missed that chance, too late now. It was something I would have liked to do a decade ago.

For me I am really dug in with 3 kids, wife, animals, vehicles and a house. I still love living here amongst the people. Love the food here and it actually keeps my body in check and me healthy as western food destroys me, and love other things as well.. Just something's like you I am  fed up sick of and getting tired of tolerating. 

1 hour ago, naryan said:

Thailand has been one of the countries' who have not put trust in the tests, as the tests are not reliable!

They need help from the rest of the world as do all countries this should be a united effort to help each other.

Vaccines is not for me natural immunity is what I believe in, personally I dont believe the nonsense that we are being feed and have no fear of this so called virus. I ride a motorcycle in Thailand and have done for many years, FAR MORE DANGEROUS THAN ANY VIRUS.

If people believe what government's tell them in any way I deeply feel sorry  for them, the government's are the virus!

Do us a favour.

If you catch Corona , can you immediately go out and crash your bike , then report back which one hurts the most.

Im not sure we will believe you , but we will feel deeply sorry  for you to.

• Haha 1

After 7 years here I have to leave because I am unable to border bounce to change my visa status. Just got back from immigration yesterday. Crazy.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bim Smith said:

After 7 years here I have to leave because I am unable to border bounce to change my visa status. Just got back from immigration yesterday. Crazy.

Yep , one hand is not telling the other hand what its doing ....

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, naryan said:

Thailand has been one of the countries' who have not put trust in the tests, as the tests are not reliable!

They need help from the rest of the world as do all countries this should be a united effort to help each other.

Vaccines is not for me natural immunity is what I believe in, personally I dont believe the nonsense that we are being feed and have no fear of this so called virus. I ride a motorcycle in Thailand and have done for many years, FAR MORE DANGEROUS THAN ANY VIRUS.

If people believe what government's tell them in any way I deeply feel sorry  for them, the government's are the virus!

Starting at the top - how do you define reliable? just because tests aren't 100% reliable doesn't mean they are not a very useful tool in at the very least tracking the spread of the virus. Germany and South Korea have used them successfully.

What kind of help does Thailand need from the rest of the world? Until a vaccine or cure is found there is not much Thailand needs apart from money but that goes for most countries.

Despite what Trump may tell us, the virus is not fake. it is very real and hundreds of thousands have died from it. Natural immunity can only be gained if you survive the disease, and no-one, not even you, know you can. Also there may be no long term immunity from it anyway and different strains could evolve. Just look at the suffering caused by people who believed that the MMR vaccine was dangerous - poorly educated  fools who were taken in by nutters spouting rubbish without any real facts to prove what they were saying or twisting and misinterpreting information for some unknown reason.

Thai roads are certainly far more dangerous than the virus but that is setting the bar rather low. What you also have to consider is how important tourism is - people can avoid roads but think it is harder to stay isolated from the virus, so wrongly perceive the virus as more of a threat. I agree roads are a much more serious risk and need much more effort put into making them safer.

All governments/politicians lie and cover up to suit themselves. This Chinese flu would not have spread as easily if the CCP cared for people more than itself, is a great example of this. But just as bad are those who blindly disbelieve everything without looking at the facts and the compromises all governments must make. How would you run a country? Is North Korea or China the way to go or would you prefer to live in the UK or Canada? Unfortunately your dream Government will never exist and never can exist unless you want to return to the stone age. Just use your brain and look at the bigger picture as policies, rules and laws are not made just for you but, in the free world at least, you can influence them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

What happened to "we have to let the Chinese in, NOW"?

they will come in fromthe back door..

policy upfront is for the farang ..backdoor policy for the chinese.

why they keep talking about the past "2nd best economy" in thailand.. it is over now..let us say last in the coronavirus number and last in the economic ladder too.

and I like the government saying if you complain then you hate your country. -thailand is going back to the day of France  bastille day and revolution.  

I guess they can blame the farang too..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Starting at the top - how do you define reliable? just because tests aren't 100% reliable doesn't mean they are not a very useful tool in at the very least tracking the spread of the virus. Germany and South Korea have used them successfully.

What kind of help does Thailand need from the rest of the world? Until a vaccine or cure is found there is not much Thailand needs apart from money but that goes for most countries.

Despite what Trump may tell us, the virus is not fake. it is very real and hundreds of thousands have died from it. Natural immunity can only be gained if you survive the disease, and no-one, not even you, know you can. Also there may be no long term immunity from it anyway and different strains could evolve. Just look at the suffering caused by people who believed that the MMR vaccine was dangerous - poorly educated  fools who were taken in by nutters spouting rubbish without any real facts to prove what they were saying or twisting and misinterpreting information for some unknown reason.

Thai roads are certainly far more dangerous than the virus but that is setting the bar rather low. What you also have to consider is how important tourism is - people can avoid roads but think it is harder to stay isolated from the virus, so wrongly perceive the virus as more of a threat. I agree roads are a much more serious risk and need much more effort put into making them safer.

All governments/politicians lie and cover up to suit themselves. This Chinese flu would not have spread as easily if the CCP cared for people more than itself, is a great example of this. But just as bad are those who blindly disbelieve everything without looking at the facts and the compromises all governments must make. How would you run a country? Is North Korea or China the way to go or would you prefer to live in the UK or Canada? Unfortunately your dream Government will never exist and never can exist unless you want to return to the stone age. Just use your brain and look at the bigger picture as policies, rules and laws are not made just for you but, in the free world at least, you can influence them.

Trump at no time, said that the virus was fake

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Patts said:

Media have done there best to scare Thai's of the dirty farang. 

Thailand will keep the ban on international arrivals until a vaccine is approved. 

Any vaccine or an effective vaccine? May be a long wait

8 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Hard to avoid roads. Some drunk driver may kill you no matter how careful you are. Not contagious but just as lethal and innocent people pay the price on roads

2 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

Hard to avoid roads. Some drunk driver may kill you no matter how careful you are. Not contagious but just as lethal and innocent people pay the price on roads

A tourist understands roads and thinks they are safe enough for the short time they use them. A virus cannot be seen so appears unavoidable. It is how it is perceived not how dangerous it actually is.

21 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Do us a favour.

If you catch Corona , can you immediately go out and crash your bike , then report back which one hurts the most.

Im not sure we will believe you , but we will feel deeply sorry  for you to.

Do us a favour do you speak for others are you a leader of many? I talk my own views and do my best to respect other's. I dont believe there is a virus, Enjoy all the best.  

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's not about the 'dirty farang', it's about the Chinese and what's now happening in Vietnam.

Vietnam remains closed, no cases for more than 90 days yet it still got in and it's not the same strain as before. I hear things from Vietnam that suggest it got in from Chinese nationals crossing the border illegally.

Now this is quite important because the strain that's going around Vietnam now is the newer strain more common in Europe and the US yet it's believed it entered the country from China.

This is the important point, the Chinese did everything they could to keep out this mutated strain which apparently has an R0 of between 5 and 6 as opposed to the original which was much, much lower at around 2 to 2.5. The Chinese have failed and even the illegal border crossers have the European strain.

Keep it closed and keep it out.

If they plan on opening it in say December then they might as well just open it all up now - the result will be the same. They will know this, it's a matter of waiting it out or opening up.

Vietnam opened its borders last month, legally.  Many countries came in.  However, there were Many Chinese , and with them brought the new Chinese Covid that has adapted and different.  

• Confused 2

50 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Chinese authorities do care about the people of the country and the rest of the world. The people are feed and housed and I consider thay are leader's I in environmental issues. Solar energy is a typical example. keeping a dog in china.com is first class. Thailand would adopt it as rabies is a killer. Beach dogs are an eg.

The CCP only cares about itself and extending its power and influence around the world - Putin is a pussy cat in comparison. Until they start telling the truth to their own people, the CCP can never be trusted. Tiananmen Square showed exactly how the CCP operate and what it thinks of its own people.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Taiwan is in single digits.  Interesting how they always forget Taiwan.  Maybe because it is everything Thailand under junta rule is not.  Picking and choosing your customers is a path to further failure. You do not choose your customers, they choose you.   

If your in bed with China it's best to forget Taiwan.

• Haha 1