Girl, 4, bitten by snake in Bangkok condo toilet

snoop1130

Girl, 4, bitten by snake in Bangkok condo toilet

By The Nation

800_d2daaa95026d1d7.jpg

The resident of a Bangkok condominium has described how her four-year-old daughter survived a bite from a snake while sitting on the toilet, proving that nowhere is safe from reptiles that lurk in Thailand’s sewers.

Facebook user Audy Punnada Leung-Aram warned other parents after reporting the horrifying incident at her condominium near Onnut BTS Skytrain Station on August 1.

At about 5am, the mother took the girl the toilet and placed her on the seat. As she was lifting her off, a snake struck out from the bowl and bit the child on her bottom before disappearing back down the pipe.

Alerted by his wife’s screams, the husband ran to the toilet and attempted to suck the venom from the child’s wound.

The parents then rushed the child to hospital, where doctors confirmed there was no venom in the wound. However, the incident left the girl traumatised and in fear of going to the toilet.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392610

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-07

• Sad 2

Because of this story and others, I always have a look into the bowl before settling down to park a turd in the toilet. When it comes to a face-off between the snake in the toilet, and the snake in my trousers, I know which one is going to win. ????

• Haha 2

I remember stories of teens flushing cherry bombs (equal to about 1/4 stick of dynamite) down school toilets for a laugh. Flushing one onto that snake would be a real laugh, if the pipes weren't blown apart.

17 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So do snakes regularly live long-term inside closed drain pipe systems?

No, but they are good swimmers and can hold their breath for a considerable amount of time. They mostly follow rats into the sewers, and on a ground floor there is not always a lot of distance between the sewer and your throne.

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

Because of this story and others, I always have a look into the bowl before settling down to park a turd in the toilet. When it comes to a face-off between the snake in the toilet, and the snake in my trousers, I know which one is going to win. ????

oh don't be so hard on yourself. :cheesy:

Actually, this has occured now in several countries and I cannot help wondering if the snake is coming in for a drink or if they are working their way back up the pipes but I cannot see how that would work in a modern system.

Exact same thing happened in our apartment building in Hua Hin a few days back. A kid on the second floor got bitten while on the toilet. Luckily, it wasn't a snake dangerous to humans.

And please spread awareness among the Thai population that trying to suck venom out of a snake bite is 100 % impossible and will only cause problems.

Edited by Myran
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, bodga said:

HILARIOUS!

Long time ago a friend of mine sucked the venom in my foot when I was bitten by a emperor Scorpion in Africa... Thanks that he was at my side at the moment.. I’m alive and kicking!

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I usually squat above the toilet anyway.

If one of them snakes wants to bite something, it can eat S...

" It's no good standing on the seat. The snakes (crabs) in here can jump six feet!"????

• Haha 2