Call for Parliamentary debate to cool growing political tension

snoop1130

Call for Parliamentary debate to cool growing political tension

By The Nation

800_39ea4a54e6e06eb.jpg

A senator today proposed that the government open a general debate in Parliament as an avenue out of simmering political conflicts.

Kamnoon Sidhisamarn asked the Senate speaker to propose the idea to the government. His proposal comes after a series of anti-government rallies this month demanded that the government dissolve parliament, amend or rewrite the charter, and stop intimidating people who hold different opinions. Police have cracked down on the rallies by arresting or issuing arrest warrants for demonstrators. 

The government should use a parliamentary mechanism to listen to different opinions and recommendations from MPs and senators as soon as possible, said Kamnoon.

Merely enforcing the law might not be sufficient to solve the political conflict, he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392813?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-11

• Like 1

Maybe he should try changing the law, so it's (more) fair. That might help solve things. But I guess they won't consider any real serious and much needed changes to the (constitutional) law.... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The government should use a parliamentary mechanism to listen to different opinions and recommendations from MPs and senators as soon as possible

I always thought force from other countries, like boycotting and putting sanctions on countries did eventually help causes, but it looks like it's business as usual.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Violence that would be screened to millions via social media, etc. Something that would turn the world against them very quickly. 

And then they'll go all in with CCP. The only way to get rid of usurpers is by force. Ain't going to be fluffy pink unicorns flying and pooping rainbow colored ice cream kind of a story. It's Thammasat part 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thammasat_University_massacre

In the aftermath, an age of "Democratic Experimentation," which last only about two years and eleven months, was ended. Thanin Kraivichien was named Prime Minister and the ultra-right government further fuelled Communist insurgency. 

Same same but different. This time the anti-commie force is absent.

Edited by DrTuner

I am sure a new Hong Kong style approach by the Thai Government will be underway soon with a new security law enacted to root out the less than happy dissidents.  I am sure that without using the Les Majeste law they could effectively criminalize most dissent in Thailand, and for those found guilty of the highest degree of subversion, secession, foreign interference or terrorism could face life imprisonment.  They will take a page from the book of their masters the CCP.  But then that's my opinion only.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Back when I first heard 250 senators would be army appointees my hope of a true democracy evaporated like a fart in the wind.

Shouldn't that have evaporated the day the army violated the constitution -again- and ousted a democratically elected government that was preparing for new elections? That kinda was a big clue, especially if you look back at the long history of anti democratic coups by the boys in green since 1932.