Main residence -TM30

What would be the situation if you were living in alternate residences during the week regarding advising TM30's? Say you had advised your residence but decided to rent another property to live in just 3 days a week. Clearly you wouldn't want to advise new residences twice a week and it would be near impossible logistically.  Would they accept the 4 day stay as your main residence and be content with that?

I had the same thing happen to me on my last visit to imm. 

My wife, in her wisdom, informed the officer that we had 2 addresses, and that we where now sleeping at the undisclosed adress. 

We had to fill in new forms, and wait for a home visit. 

Not that much of an inconvenience, but had my better half been able to keep shtum, then we would have been dealt with that day. 

Wishful thinking on my part to think she could keep a secret ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, northsouthdevide said:

I had the same thing happen to me on my last visit to imm. 

My wife, in her wisdom, informed the officer that we had 2 addresses, and that we where now sleeping at the undisclosed adress. 

We had to fill in new forms, and wait for a home visit. 

Not that much of an inconvenience, but had my better half been able to keep shtum, then we would have been dealt with that day. 

Wishful thinking on my part to think she could keep a secret ????

If you now sleep 7 days a week in the new residence I guess it's justified.  The issue is when you chop and change within the week. I guess as previous posters have advised the best thing is to do nothing. 

16 minutes ago, cnxgary said:

Once a person has married, been issued a yellow book and a pink ID card, required to submit a TM 30?

Yes, yellow book and pink id card doesn't have anything to do with immigration.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, cnxgary said:

Once a person has married, been issued a yellow book and a pink ID card, required to submit a TM 30?

A yellow book does not change the requirements to do a TM30.

Since the new regulations went into a effect on June 30th a TM30 form is only need needed if you change your registered address at immigration.

Staying in hotels and etc and a new entry to the country does not require you to one unless you stay at a different address.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

It is rumored that checks on the TM 30 have eased up.

Not a rumore. Immigration changed their regulation for them that went into effect on June 30th.

Only needed if you change your registered address that immigration has for you..

On 8/12/2020 at 5:19 PM, Baht Simpson said:

If you now sleep 7 days a week in the new residence I guess it's justified.  The issue is when you chop and change within the week. I guess as previous posters have advised the best thing is to do nothing. 

If you sleep 7 days a week in the new place, that's your residence and should be reported using the TM30. There are only 7 days in a week,you know. 

21 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you sleep 7 days a week in the new place, that's your residence and should be reported using the TM30. There are only 7 days in a week,you know. 

I was referring to northsouthdevid's situation where he appears to be staying 7 days a week in a new location, not mine where I will possibly be staying two or three nights. Thanks for reminding me there are seven days in a week; I don't know what I'd do without you. ????

• Haha 2