UK expat humiliates Homeless Thai Woman

This is Thailand

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you were that worried, why didn't you give him the 200bht? instead you begged by proxy.

I would have asked you to leave the bar, if it was your bar, I would have chosen to drink elsewhere in future.

The Brit guys were right, you were not only soft, but insisted everyone else be soft as well.

OMG so you would have taken so much offence to being asked to help out a poor person you would boycott the bar??

So a guy asks you to show some compassion and you take offence. So instead of doing a good deed you want to spend the rest of your life boycotting a bar you previously frequented. 

Making a lot of sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Did she ask for his so called expert advice ?

I had a bloke come in a bar the other night, I doubt he was Thai as I couldn't really understand him, probably from Laos, anyway I could understand when he got on his knees and bowed a few time and did the wai a few times, it was quite crushing to see, that said he needed some financial assistance, I grabbed him by the arm and got him up, he had two small plastic bags in his hands, they had rice and pork on the sticks, obviously his evening meals, I said no drink, he shook his head as if to say no, so turned to the local guys drinking there and said this guy needs a little help fellas, who has a spare 20 baht, I did my calculations, 10 guys there x 20 should sort it you would think.

I got 20 baht from a couple of European guys and I also gave him 20 baht so as not to out do the guys, and a few heckles from about 3 UK guys, words to the effect of don't give him anything otherwise he will be back for more, I tried not to lose it, so I replied in a respectful manner, e.g. in the years that you have been drinking here, how many people. Thai's and others have you seen come in here asking for a helping hand, I would imagine none, I would imagine they would usually have something to sell, times are different in case you haven't noticed, but that's ok, you keep your 20 baht in your pocket for your next beer, I asked if you guys had some spare change, not your opinions whether to give him any money or not, but that's ok, he has enough for his next meal thanks to these generous gentlemen sitting next to me, I then looked at the girl at the bar and she got the message, two beers for these guys on my bin and then I walked the guy out slipping him another couple of hundred baht. He was overwhelmed, and I felt good about my actions and that there are some decent guys who will take the chance and part with 20 baht to help another human being.

You are right Thai's probably wouldn't buy from this woman, but we farang's grew up differently, not talking about throwing money into a cup on a Phuket street when a lady is sitting in the gutter with a borrowed baby begging, she probably owns a house up the road and is a professional, that said, if people can't tell when someone is genuinely needing a helping hand, then they are shot.

As for the hero in the video, instant deport, got to be the biggest tosser I have heard, probably enjoys putting woman down as well, you know the real hero type.

I'm done. 

Sounds like a made up story just to get some likes and to have another dig at guys from the UK, it seems a popular past time on here for some.

Actually did you not say you were not in Thailand right now on another recent thread ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

OMG so you would have taken so much offence to being asked to help out a poor person you would boycott the bar??

So a guy asks you to show some compassion and you take offence. So instead of doing a good deed you want to spend the rest of your life boycotting a bar you previously frequented. 

Making a lot of sense.

I don't go to a bar to be pestered by local beggars.

I don't expect white guys to be begging me for money either.

But let's be honest this Kev has a decent amount of subscribers. His website is pants but in Thailand most are. The point being he's a threat to every other farang focussed medium and maybe this Kev (cos he looks like one) could be the next TV???? Stranger things have happened....

2 hours ago, scammed said:

he was spot on, that business model is doomed,

the only reason she can sell anything at all is because a few falangs pity her

dumb analysis.

and no, he wasnt humiliating her, he stated the obvious truth,

obvious to anyone beside the oblivious that is.

i can tell you straight up no thai is dumb/compassionate enough to buy from this woman

So explain to me how often it is to be seen that small business outlets a few doors down from 7/11 or  any other franchised retail outlet stock and sell similar product and have been doing so for  years ?

If it was not viable to some small degree then for what?

Same for this woman. If she were  to make  only 50 Baht in a night that would be sufficient  to buy a meal .

The arrogant scorn of this  muther is pathetic and disgusting !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

If you were that worried, why didn't you give him the 200bht? instead you begged by proxy.

I would have asked you to leave the bar, if it was your bar, I would have chosen to drink elsewhere in future.

The Brit guys were right, you were not only soft, but insisted everyone else be soft as well.

If you read my post, I did him give him 200 baht on top of the 20 baht when I walked him out, beg, I never beg, no need to, offered the guys an opportunity to assist a fellow human in need as opposed to turning the other cheek as you would do. It was not my bar, the owner was there, he was neutral on the matter, suffice to say I was appreciative of that, and I am sure if it was you bar you would have probably chased the guy off of the premises, no doubt worried that he might bother your customers, however if it were some young sweet thing, you would have dug deep. I don't believe you to be the type to drink at bars,  let alone be one that can afford a bar, cheap Charlie's usually buy from 7/11 and go home to drink alone.

I don't consider myself to be soft, I was being humane, I never insisted everybody provide money to the guy, I offered an opportunity if they wanted to assist, they chose not to, up to them, right you are, and all that stuff.

Fortunately for me having grown up in a poor family, I remember what it was like to go hungry, and when I reached my goal/target in life through opportunities and hard work, I help where I can, nothing to do with being soft, kind would be perhaps a better word, than a hard ass, I would never want to be a hard ass in life, that would mean that I would be beneath most, can't have that, the air is better up here. 

Enjoy your drink old son and don't be afraid to put your best foot forward, although I do believe the hard ass brigade has already got to you through life's trauma's that you have experienced.

One for the road:burp:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Sounds like a made up story just to get some likes and to have another dig at guys from the UK, it seems a popular past time on here for some.

Actually did you not say you were not in Thailand right now on another recent thread ?

You obviously didn't read the topic, try again.

Believe what you will.

I am here in Thailand, go easy on the :burp:

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

however if it were some young sweet thing, you would have dug deep.

I don't believe you to be the type to drink at bars,  let alone be one that can afford a bar, cheap Charlie's usually buy from 7/11 and go home to drink alone.

7/11 is too expensive for me, I prefer to buy from mom and pop stores.

As for the sweet young thing ......... she can earn her money.

• Haha 2

Thai visa does not support commercial youtube vloggers this topic is closed.

Please when you see rubbish like this posted on here, report it and we will deal with it

//CLOSED//

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1