Myanmar men jailed for murder of British tourists on Koh Tao taken off death row

rooster59

3 hours ago, Crusader said:

Well, they probably should not have been there in the first place...

Yes probably not. Thai police quickly needed to present itself in a good light and Myanmar workers were just ideal for that. Before they further ruin Thailand's reputation by arresting Thai suspects, better use Myanmar workers with no powerful embassy and no news media coverage ...  wasn`t it even the British embassy, who voiced concerns about arrests and convictions despite lack of reliable evidence of guilt...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This case has been dealt according to the same set of rules and regulations as the "Vorayuth Red Bull Saga". Go figure .........

At least there is the first good news in commuting. We shall hear the real story once they are back in Burma so do not expect them to be released anytime soon. Meanwhile some other possibilities might  still roam around free on Death Island .......... The present situation of tourism though prevents more murders - for the time being! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I think that everyone knew the two kids didnt do it , everyone including the authorities and Judge etc.

Quite expected that the death sentence wouldnt be carried out 

I don't think your qualified to speak for "everyone". You also refer to grown men as "kids".

What happened in the horrific murders of 2 innocent young people will, as with Kirsty Jones, never be known.

Again, were a timeline of police actions produced, the conflicting bu$$ers muddle would likely appear that there was massive interference. Whether these two Burmese men were involved in some way, and to what extent will not be known. Nor who else was involved and what role they played.

The quick to disappear oddball Scottish scared "witness"; the headman's son and brother; the absolute confidence of the first senior policeman who thought he'd got the case solved only to be suddenly transferred off and replaced by another who came up with a completely different solution; the very odd CCTV which showed a suspect with an unusual walk; the very odd CCTV which "proved" said suspect was in Bangkok at the time of the murder and appears to have a badly altered date on it; the subsequent press conference by the headman and the then national police chief saying the headman's son was totally innocent and shouldn't be presecuted; Scotland Yards somewhat odd input; the missing DNA evidence; etc etc etc.

All which could lead to considerable speculation. But those that know are saying nowt! And like the Blue Diamond theft and associated murders; Kirsty Jones rape and murder; Billy the activist's mysterious disappearance and probably murder; and several more similar cases, they will never be solved publicly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

The Thai culture just doesn’t take accountability seriously....

From where I'm standing (metaphor), it clear from your comment, you don't take Thai culture seriously.

13 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I don't think your qualified to speak for "everyone". You also refer to grown men as "kids".

What happened in the horrific murders of 2 innocent young people will, as with Kirsty Jones, never be known.

Again, were a timeline of police actions produced, the conflicting bu$$ers muddle would likely appear that there was massive interference. Whether these two Burmese men were involved in some way, and to what extent will not be known. Nor who else was involved and what role they played.

The quick to disappear oddball Scottish scared "witness"; the headman's son and brother; the absolute confidence of the first senior policeman who thought he'd got the case solved only to be suddenly transferred off and replaced by another who came up with a completely different solution; the very odd CCTV which showed a suspect with an unusual walk; the very odd CCTV which "proved" said suspect was in Bangkok at the time of the murder and appears to have a badly altered date on it; the subsequent press conference by the headman and the then national police chief saying the headman's son was totally innocent and shouldn't be presecuted; Scotland Yards somewhat odd input; the missing DNA evidence; etc etc etc.

All which could lead to considerable speculation. But those that know are saying nowt! And like the Blue Diamond theft and associated murders; Kirsty Jones rape and murder; Billy the activist's mysterious disappearance and probably murder; and several more similar cases, they will never be solved publicly.

The evidence against the two non accused (by law) is over whelming though  .

The distinctive sharp sharks tooth ring he wore matches the puncture marks on the deceased body.

They even reenacted the scene drunkenly in a bar .

Many more examples of evidence who the real perpetrators were 

• Like 2

One other thing I found interesting about this case .

David Miller was murdered on the island in September 2014 .

Luke Miller  died in suspicious circumstances on the island  in January 2016 .

They both share the same surname .

Could some people on the island noticed they both shared the same surname and thought Luke may have been Davids family going to the island to seek revenge ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, British Bulldog said:

I don't know ... if it were me, I'm not sure that I would be rejoicing over the decision, to spend the rest of my life in a Thai Jail, I think I'd rather die !

My initial feelings too until I read that the sentence could be reduced further for good behaviour.

24 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

The woman was raped. What about DNA tests ? Kho Tao is a very little island and have camera everywhere... how is it possible to have no evidences there ?

Oh there were DNA- tests!

Some were lost, some were botched, some were inconclusive...

The only thing that always 100% certain: it was NOT the original suspect!

Make of that, what you will!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaveE13 said:

I wouldn't bother with this poster. His usual rubbish. He even thought old fatties borrowed watch collection  was no big deal. It was only a few thousand bhat. Lol

Sorry, but I disagree. Several of the comments are relevant and not "usual rubbish". UK police officers did come to Thailand to assist Thai colleagues and "confidential evidence" was established BUT not allowed in court (after inter-government discussions at a very high level). I could say more but must keep my mouth shut.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I wonder if the Thais expect them to be grateful for such "clemency" given the way they stitched them up in the first place?

Do you mean the Thai government or police? Most Thais have never even heard of these two. 

19 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Sorry, but I disagree. Several of the comments are relevant and not "usual rubbish". UK police officers did come to Thailand to assist Thai colleagues and "confidential evidence" was established BUT not allowed in court (after inter-government discussions at a very high level). I could say more but must keep my mouth shut.

Sorry Bill I was talking about Hermin not you. I agree 100 percent 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1