Murdered British backpacker’s parents ‘GRATEFUL’ killers’ death sentences reduced to life in jail

webfact

8 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

They should be set free. It's pretty obvious these kids were railroaded so they could say they caught the killers.

Kids?   They were, and they are, adult men.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, wendyfromoz said:

I would take the death sentence.  Life in a Thai prison is far harsher penalty.

That's an odd view when there's always the possibility of release from a life sentence but very easy to say when you're not in their position.

There is a better chance that the army will admit their incompetence, and step down tomorrow, than the fact that these guys are actually guilty, and not the fall guys for the son of the headman of Sairee Beach. 

So, while the clemency was merciful, they still will remain imprisoned for life, so the son of a very rich and influential guy can roam freely. 

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I once rad, long time ago that executions by machine gun in thailand has been suspended owing to shortage of suitable ammunition for said old gun, for all we know they might have similar issues and commuting sentences because of that...

The death sentence is by lethal injection in Thailand.

7 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

I don,t know the media said the the boys were scrape goats because of where they from.did not matter in the end.maybe we will never know the truth

"Scrape goats" [sic].  Animal abuse. 

By the way, they were men, not boys.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

is on record saying it was unlikely a Thai could not do this type of grizzly murder

"...unlikely a Thai could not do this..." ?

The likelihood of him having said that is very remote.  You've overdone the negatives.

Edited by Hi Tea

4 hours ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

i did not  realise  they  raped this  poor girl on the beach

That  if true  I would want the  death penalty as I am sure her parents  would want 

Any life  even in prison is better  than no life  so  death is a  just punishment 

If Rape  was  in this  case  I  am sure  these guys  would not have bothered with a condom 

So  DNA  at the scene  should be a piece of cake to tie them to the murders 

So how can there be any  doubt unless  the DNA  was not a match 

Be  interesteing  to follow  that one up ?

"Be  interesteing  to follow  that one up ?"

There's nothing to follow up; the case, and the appeals, is long over

55 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Perhaps they had more respect for themselves and their daughter than to take The Sun's money?

Plus the sister of the murdered girl died of cancer not so long ago, so they have lost both daughter one being murdered one of cancer, terribly unfortunate i believe the two girls were their only offspring, after going through that i don't think i would want to talk to anybody either!

Correction the family have a son as well!

Edited by maxcorrigan
correction!

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Wow, "the real story"?  An anonymous Reddit post with so many unknown and anecdotal elements.  It's credibility, taken on it's own without influence from unsubstantiated internet rants, is less than zero.

Examples of the total lack of rational credibility from that anonymous Reddit poster...

"I have no idea..."

"For the life of me I can't remember..."

"...and can find no reference to it on the Internet..."

"I was never explicitly told..."

"I don't know..."

"Here's my take on what happened..."

"I don't remember exactly the time..."

"I'm fairly sure..."

"I asked what had happened, he wasn't 100% sure..."

I can't remember exactly...

but I didn't know them well enough to comment on them...

I genuinely think she is telling the truth...

...the facts which I believe to be true..."

"I can only guess..."

"I personally think..."

"I believe they met up whilst drunk..."

"I think one, or both of them said or did something..."

"I doubt the definitive version of the story will ever emerge..."

"I think this conclusion..."

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is a better chance that the army will admit their incompetence, and step down tomorrow, than the fact that these guys are actually guilty, and not the fall guys for the son of the headman of Sairee Beach. 

So, while the clemency was merciful, they still will remain imprisoned for life, so the son of a very rich and influential guy can roam freely. 

Yes, the CCTV footage of the head man's son (who had a very distinctive walk) was seen in the footage hurrying away from the beach at the time of the murder, the said CCTV footage immediately vanished and the CCTV camera was then reported as not been working at the time of the murder!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think these two poor people would of been better off with a death sentence.

How is it that anyone on or around Koh Tao at the time knows that these two were set up to take the fall for the "high profile" scumbag that actually did it?

The "Boss" is a well documented case of one rule for the have's and one rule for the have not's!!

These two have unfortunately been well and truly forgotten!!

2 hours ago, Saint Nick said:
2 hours ago, scammed said:

do any of you that claim these burmese men were scapegoats have any shred of evidence whatsoever to support your conspiracy theory ?

Did you READ the last 6 pages of this thread?

Clearly, he did, hence, perhaps, his opinion.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Wow, the real story?  An anonymous Reddit post with so many unknown and anecdotal elements.  It's credibility, taken on it's own without influence from unsubstantiated internet rants, is less than zero.

Examples of the total lack of rational credibility from that anonymous Reddit poster...

"I have no idea..."

"I don't know..."

"I'm fairly sure..."

"I can only guess..."

"I personally think..."

Its a long article and there is many facts in there , also he was being completely honest , he didnt try to make things up that he was unsure about .

You should judge the whole article in its completeness , not judge the whole article on a few sentences 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I'll be most surprised if they're still in prison on the 10th anniversary of this crime.

2 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Did you READ the last 6 pages of this thread?

Aren't those pages just the opinions of anonymous forum-posters who weren't there, have no evidence of the events but have formed opinions from the rantings of other anonymous internet commentators with exactly the same credentials, i.e. none?

17 minutes ago, Darren Powell said:

How is it that anyone on or around Koh Tao at the time knows that these two were set up to take the fall for the "high profile" scumbag that actually did it?

Perhaps they are right but, ignoring hearsay, how is it that not one of those people who are (allegedly) aware of went on have come forward with evidence of the claims?  They're not all still in Thailand and not in any danger now!

Edited by Hi Tea

Aren't those pages just the opinions of anonymous forum-posters who weren't there, have no evidence of the events but have formed opinions from the rantings of other anonymous internet commentators with exactly the same credentials, i.e. none?

No, we have all followed this story from day 1 and formed out opinions from various news sources 

• Haha 1

The facts had been posted very clearly about the case at the time, the shambles, dodgy stuff, including no B2 DNA on the murder implement, which was discussed by members here, that's what the site is for.

If the B2 were tried in a UK court they would have been found not guilty..

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:
27 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Wow, the real story?  An anonymous Reddit post with so many unknown and anecdotal elements.  It's credibility, taken on it's own without influence from unsubstantiated internet rants, is less than zero.

"I have no idea..."

"I don't know..."

"I'm fairly sure..."

"I can only guess..."

"I personally think..."

Its a long article and there is many facts in there , also he was being completely honest , he didnt try to make things up that he was unsure about .

You should judge the whole article in its completeness , not judge the whole article on a few sentences 

I read the story and there were just as many guesses and imaginings as facts. 

How do you know that "he was being completely honest" and what makes you think that "he didn't try to make things up"?  Do you know him?

"You should judge the whole article in its completeness , not judge the whole article on a few sentences".

I did, perhaps you should also.

• Confused 1

Just now, Hi Tea said:

I read the story and there were just as many guesses and imaginings as facts. 

How do you know that "he was being completely honest" and what makes you think that "he didn't try to make things up"?  Do you know him?

"You should judge the whole article in its completeness , not judge the whole article on a few sentences".

I did, perhaps you should also.

The Burmese two were at a party all night with his girlfriend .

That was one important fact  

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:
16 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

No, we have all followed this story from day 1 and formed out opinions from various news sources 

"...formed out opinions from various news sources".

So, from hearsay, not from evidence, then!  

• Sad 1

Perhaps they are right but, ignoring hearsay, how is it that not one of those people who are (allegedly) aware of went on have come forward with evidence of the claims?  They're not all still in Thailand and not in any danger now!

Who are these people that are aware of went on that were there at the time ?

Whom are the people that you are referring to ?

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

The parents would be a lot happier if the real culprits were convicted.

If it were my Child that had met with such a callous and Violent Death, I would feel much better knowing that the true Culprits were apprehended and trialed.

My Child would be able to sleep in peace.

4 minutes ago, transam said:
19 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

The facts had been posted very clearly about the case at the time, the shambles, dodgy stuff, including no B2 DNA on the murder implement, which was discussed by members here, that's what the site is for.

If the B2 were tried in a UK court they would have been found not guilty..

"The facts had been posted very clearly...".

The facts?  How do you know that they were facts?  Those "facts" just internet opinions.  Just because members here discuss things doesn't make them fact, does it?