Thailand ranked world's safest tourist destination amid Covid-19

webfact

If it's that safe then why hasn't the UK taken Thailand off its list of countries that require a 14 day quarantine to enter the UK?

It seems the UK still thinks Thailand is a high risk country if they are insisting on 14 days quarantine if you want to enter UK coming from Thailand. ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well but all this will not make tourists choose Thailand as their next holiday.

In fact me for example I love Thailand over every other country in the world and own a condo and a brand new motorbike there but will spend my next autumn vacation of 3 months in Mexico for the simple fact that I am not allowed in to Thailand. So it can be as safe as it wants but that will not make their situation better if they keep their door shut.

Edited by kaneko86
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, BillyBobzTeeth said:

If it's that safe then why hasn't the UK taken Thailand off its list of countries that require a 14 day quarantine to enter the UK?

It seems the UK still thinks Thailand is a high risk country if they are insisting on 14 days quarantine if you want to enter UK coming from Thailand. ????

I wouldn't be listening to the UK as regards COVID-19 advice. They are a shambles.

Chok Dee!

:jap:

• Like 2

I swear if the folks on Thaivisa were told the government was giving them 20,000 a month for being Expats they would shout  "Why not 40,000?"   Is there any topic in the history of this site that got a happy bunch of replies?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thailarry said:

I swear if the folks on Thaivisa were told the government was giving them 20,000 a month for being Expats they would shout  "Why not 40,000?"   Is there any topic in the history of this site that got a happy bunch of replies?

Well, yes............Do your homework.......????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Absolutely pointless statement. i guess they have to try everything, so not sure I blame them. Every country is struggling with covid and the affects on the economy. If they open the borders for tourism they would soon lose the safest badge, and of course people will not travel Internationally for this year or next I think.. The only thing that will change this is a vaccine, other then that it will run it's course to 2 or 3 years. 

I don't see Thailand ever making a decision to "balance" it's economy and manage living with the virus because they have spent so long trying to impress "we are the best at locking down and controlling this". For Thailand to suddenly change tact would be a complete u turn and Thailand can never loose face, better for the poorer people in the community to starve. 

• Like 1

It's just a subtle way of winding up would-be tourists who are stuck in their plague-pit homelands. By the time they reopen the borders next year, there'll be a tidal wave of visitors desperate to come at all costs, lol.

It seems the favorite hobby of Thaivisa and its forum farang; post a positive article about Thailand just for the purpose of trashing it and make the usual degrading and cynical remarks...

Why stay in Thailand? Laos and Vietnam are just a short busride away....Stay there and enjoy the fun there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2