Thailand ranked world's safest tourist destination amid Covid-19

webfact

6 hours ago, DavisH said:

Sure its safe - But how many want to be stuck in their hotel room form 2 weeks. Even the Chinese won't come if they can't ravage the buffet every meal time. 

And under the circumstances it cuts both ways. No one would dream of ravaging a Chinese. They should stay away. Since Thailand is so safe, there are so many gents that would donate their left nut to get in. So let them in !!

6 hours ago, Paiman said:

Absolute nonsense. How can a country be the safest holiday destination while not letting in tourists?

This kind of result I would expect if the study had been done in Thailand.

It sounds like a Thai living in Germany commissioned that report as silly as it is

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

While certainly not perfect, Thailand sure seems to have got this Covid thing right. I'm just lucky that the country is my adopted home.

I thought of it as my adopted home when I first came here, but not anymore, maybe in the future if the country is again run by an elected government and not a bunch of soldiers with a questionable education.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

As a matter of interest those thailand tests and per million and tests done  etc have been the same for about 10 days now - they have either stopped all testing for the last 10 days or simply not reporting them

AFAIK MoPH has never directly reported any numbers. Worldometers gathers them from 2nd hand sources and rumors.

• Like 1

Not much point being the safest if the borders are closed due to an obsession with zero infections. Every country needs to learn to live with the virus . It’s not a big deal . Even in the land of dirty farangs , we have just experienced 8 weeks on the bounce of lower total deaths than in an average year. Too much scaremongering worldwide.

• Like 2

There is no logic there.

1/ They pretend to be the best safety place to go, but:

1.1/ They don't provide enough test to said that

1.2/ They make foreigner life (not just tourists, even if they call every foreigner a tourist what ever he is) difficult to exist in Thailand by ask them to paid a very expensive price for no service back and no guarantee to stay.

1.3/ Even if VIP rich tourist can paid this incredible very expensive comedy, i doubt they would like to paid this price instead of get better back in other places and at best prices with real service, real infrastructures (who is working all the time). So even for rich people, it doesn't value back of the price to paid for.

2/ Look at official international number COVID-19 cases, and you will find than all the countries who have a very good low number of infected people or dead ones, all of them without any exception are the one who doesn't test (or not to much).

3/ And all of them are inconsistent with what other border countries are observing in terms of the number of infected cases (and not detected in the same country from which they have passed) compared to the figures issued by the country concerned.

Now, I don't claim to know if they are knowingly lying or if they are completely oblivious and living in some form of mind view that suits them well.
In any case and seeing what we can understand by observing elsewhere and by comparing, they live in a kind of denial, but they are not the only ones.
It seems logical and observable that the countries which are in this incredible kind of communication are also those which are less technologically advanced and whose level of study is very low, officially compared to the world ranking.

So don't be so strong with Thailand, they, maybe can not understand what they are speaking about there, and they try to find a way to not be the last one at the final report. The population suffer a lot from this politic choices, but other "HiSo" there can stay like that for all there life... they will never lake of money, but they will have problem to consume what they will no more find there.

Let's see if this part of the world escape from the world wide human and economic reality or if it is an other kind of child dream.

I love Thailand and i hope for them, soon, it will be more reasonable.

And in the real world, i think the safest country (without the one who lie or not test, who are exclude by the fact) is maybe North Korea. No one can go anywhere there, it is very safe.

Is it the new standard in the world ?

• Like 1

Thailand has been the #1 tourist destination in SEA for a few years. Twice as many as the number 2 spot, Malaysia. Believe it or not with the current positive reputation Thailand has established worldwide regarding Covid, I guarantee there are 10's of millions of people throughout the world who are itching to travel and come here on holiday.  Add many many sexually active/frustrated males cooped up for months waiting to sow their oats.  They all cannot wait.  And the last thing on their mind is road deaths that is such a dumb argument people could careless about that when planning their trip here. 

I bet when this place opens up, and it will some day, they will see record numbers especially with all the discounts and group tour specials that will be offered for motivation.

So, those that are enjoying the current lack of crowds, traffic, tourists, etc. appreciate it for now.  Because, it will not last for ever the hordes will be returning at some point I guarantee it.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

As a matter of interest those thailand tests and per million and tests done  etc have been the same for about 10 days now - they have either stopped all testing for the last 10 days or simply not reporting them

See! No tests!  No cases!  Then:  "Thailand!  Safest Tourist Destination In The World!" 
"Psst!  Psst!  Hey!  Op!  There ain't no foreign tourists here!  That's why it's safe!"  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, doctormann said:

Zero tourists ... zero infections ... completely safe.  Give me strength!

Beat me to it! 

7 hours ago, trucking said:

A few extra words to paint the real picture.

Thailand was ranked the safest destination in the world to visit that tourists are not allowed to visit during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Very nicely put!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Because, it will not last for ever the hordes will be returning at some point I guarantee it.

"Let the hordes begin !   oh, sหit .......  Honey,  go out and buy a few bottles of my Johnny "