Thailand ranked world's safest tourist destination amid Covid-19

webfact

Is LOS only safe then due to the current dearth of foreign tourists? On my many past pre- Covid visits the predatory habits of the locals hardly recommended it as a safe land for a holiday. My last visit to Pattaya I was attacked on Soi Buakao without provocation by a dope crazed youngish Thai man who sprang on me from a shop doorway with flailing fists and feet. Not one of the many Thais standing around raised a finger to help, one woman however remarked that he did this often to farangs. It was thanks to help from a young farang (I was 75 at that time) that I managed to break free from this animal with only a few minor scratches.  Likewise, in Phuket, anyone with a sense of caution avoided the Bangla Road area at night for fear of being mugged by packs of feral lady men. I wonder will it be safer if and when when the tourists return or will it be back to the same old routine? BTW, it's only fair to add that I have toured all over Thailand over many years and found the vast majority of the people decent, polite and honest so perhaps the malaise was mainly confined to popular tourist spots.

Edited by roy bennett

7 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

It seems the favorite hobby of Thaivisa and its forum farang; post a positive article about Thailand just for the purpose of trashing it and make the usual degrading and cynical remarks...

Why stay in Thailand? Laos and Vietnam are just a short busride away....Stay there and enjoy the fun there. 

Because the claim is BS. There are numerous safer locations in the world in relations to COVID and various other social markers.
If something is obviously incorrect, people will call out the BS claim.. and quite rightly so 

• Like 2

As Thailand lets no tourists in it is safest not only for covid-19. No  scams, thefts

accidents, overcharging, assaults. Nothing at all. Maybe the future of tourism. You can just pay by credit card and TAT will email you a video travelogue (with a retort pouch of gaeng kiew wan gai) that can be watched back home in your country.

Like proclaiming a headline the best way to prevent STIs is abstinence. 

5 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Probably not enough covid19 kits to test them. Certainly makes sense of the Government's overreaction to covid19. There may be a huge underreported number of cases. Thanks for your chart.

Latest figures .. well done Thailand.

170820_183655.jpg

• Like 2

Nobody there.

not likely to be either if they have closed borders and no flights. 

So how do you gauge it?

Allow the ones who are still locked out to return. 

Certainly less risky than the returning thais who are not even tested. 

Then post the same headline in a few months time...

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Why is Thailand the only country that reports only hospital cases in their Covid number (hence the discharge number).

If you think it is the only country, that would make it a fact in your mind but you ought to check the facts first.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand ranked world's safest tourist destination amid Covid-19

Thailand is closed to tourists!!

International ones at least, which the Berlin-based outfit is probably catering for.

At least before the Internet, news stories often contained news. Not just <deleted> useless statements from outfits whose sole purpose is to generate self-publicity and hits. 

• Like 2