Thailand ranked world's safest tourist destination amid Covid-19

webfact

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

They test, but is negative. 

PUI = sick, eg fever but not have covid

And you can statistically verify that? Doubt it. "...but not have covid"? Why place them under investigation if they do not have the virus? How many of the 381,077 PUI patients do you think will be added to the reported Covid cases? I'm guessing ZERO which is fake news. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

italy is surging again

Coronavirus: Italy closes nightclubs as authorities blame holidaymakers for new outbreaks

Comments

I would not call this surging, as the new infections per day are so much lower than during the bad times in March, and also their R-value is much lower now than before. But the governments in Europe are very attentive and alerted. They rightly want to keep the people in line regarding defending the pandemic. And the media follow suit by choosing strong espressions, which is okay in this case.

It is surely a good way to close night clubs, and it is also okay to blame holiday makers who do not follow the basic rules. I am in Europe now, life is very normal, people don't panick. We are allowed to travel, and to let th economy recover. Compare the single digit daily number of deaths from Covid in most coutries with the traffic deaths in Thailand of around 70 per day, then you see the relation. I agree that Covid is dangerous, but I am sure that Europe will not have this situaton anymore which Italy, Spain and the UK had before. I would not hesitate to travel inside Europe at all if necessary, as it is safe.

7 hours ago, marquis22 said:

Latest figures .. well done Thailand.

170820_183655.jpg

Show also other countries who has very low numbers, then ask yourself which is the relational point to have it possible... and why the ratio between infected number and dead one are so different than the other cases which country who do test a lot ?

I think you don't like statistic and mathematics, you missed to do the correlation with numbers, you are miss informed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nicknoodle said:

Absolutely stupid survey! How many countries actually have ‘tourists’?

And also, how reliable are the Covid-19 figures that are supplied?

I have serious doubts around anything that involves Covid-19 numbers! 

no, this survey has been cut... should go to look at yourself all the data with all countries. and have a bit time to find and calculus the ratio reality point, who is the first alert of bug.

You will then suspect some countries to under tested his population to get this result and to not look at the real statistic fact who is the ratio between infected people and dead one.

Then you should consider to look at the total number of death in each country from the start of the year to compare with two last years before to check if the is something to be not normal there.

From this start point you can then start to understand what can be possible and what can absolutely NOT be possible.

Statistic doesn't lie.

• Like 1

"....Berlin-based travel startup, Tourlane, had carried out a study on August 10 ..."

It is both scary and ridiculous to see that whenever some dubious organisation publishes someting, some people attribute a "scientific" touch to this mmediately. This really is BS.

As a fact, regarding its safety in terms of Covid only, Thailand is as safe as many other countries, let's say in Europe right now.

Regarding Thailand as a travel destination, it is literally a no-go, however.

26 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

I would not call this surging, as the new infections per day are so much lower than during the bad times in March, and also their R-value is much lower now than before. But the governments in Europe are very attentive and alerted. They rightly want to keep the people in line regarding defending the pandemic. And the media follow suit by choosing strong espressions, which is okay in this case.

It is surely a good way to close night clubs, and it is also okay to blame holiday makers who do not follow the basic rules. I am in Europe now, life is very normal, people don't panick. We are allowed to travel, and to let th economy recover. Compare the single digit daily number of deaths from Covid in most coutries with the traffic deaths in Thailand of around 70 per day, then you see the relation. I agree that Covid is dangerous, but I am sure that Europe will not have this situaton anymore which Italy, Spain and the UK had before. I would not hesitate to travel inside Europe at all if necessary, as it is safe.

Here in French country, night club are close from march.

But not the border.

We had lot of problem with a government who lied on the virus to try to make money with new medic at expensive price and did forbid officialy the use of Hydro-chloroquine (who is the malaria medic world wide well known nivaquine) who is very cheap and efficient to provide at very start of infection. They did it so bady because of Gilead big pharma company corruption there... no more a secret, a real fact with proof (thank you our real free Mediapart's journalist to investigate on this).

Also, now they can no more lie to the well informed population (or not so much than before on this point) and they do provide right now 300 000 tests by week (most of them are free).

They start again to forbid people access to shop without mask, and start in many place to forbid access in the street without any mask (135€ if citizen failed with that). But i think it is a good reason to try to slow down the spread flow transmission this way instead of screw an economy without be able to stop a virus who can definitely not be stopped by lock-down or close border.

Here people are not racist against Chinese people or any other from any other countries, they also suffer from the impact on the economy because they were locked at home for 1 month and half... I see my citizen are not afraid (and at first place the one to be the most targeted by the virus, the old generation, who is more courageous i think).

Well... we can not compare two different countries by the choices made and by there population, almost when in Thailand we can not know really what the population is thinking after two coups. We can just look at the number and use statistic to target what can probably be true, what can sure not be.

11 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

"....Berlin-based travel startup, Tourlane, had carried out a study on August 10 ..."

It is both scary and ridiculous to see that whenever some dubious organisation publishes someting, some people attribute a "scientific" touch to this mmediately. This really is BS.

As a fact, regarding its safety in terms of Covid only, Thailand is as safe as many other countries, let's say in Europe right now.

Regarding Thailand as a travel destination, it is literally a no-go, however.

I think the border lock decrease the risk of spread transmission from outside to inside, and reverse side the same. But it will be probably safer to go North Korea (i mean, dependently to COVID-19 situation). Also, if you have to trust numbers provide by any country, Congo is also very safe on the paper.

But can not stop a virus who, also, is already inside.

The number they provide are totally wrong and not in correlation with death in the country this year compared to any other years. absolutely not possible to have this ratio between infected people and death one. the difference with the COVID-19 death number ratio is to far from it to be correct.

Everybody can provide wrong number or failed to measure anything, but a good statistic study will quickly show the fact that it is wrong. It is not something "maybe", it is something "sure".

That's it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

If you don't count the murder islands or the southern border or drunk Farangs on motorcycles running you down in Pattaya, then it's EXTREMELY SAFE. ????

if you subtract number of death on the road (the big one, not the little one include falang), it will start to be as safe as dragon island (who has no human life on it).

Now, it you look at the total number of dead people this year, you will see than there is something very strange.

Something that break the credibility of Thailand official propaganda around his real COVID-19 situation.

• Like 2

Absolutely ridiculous. How can a destination without tourists be a tourist destination? The destination may be safe, but without tourists it is not a tourist destination. And remember, there is no safe destination in Thailand, just look at the road carnage.

• Like 2

This will provide an ego boost for the idiots in the government who devised the quarantine rules. 

Watch fawning Thai media reporting Prayuth boasting how is 'quick and decisive action' has made Thailand so safe....  With this news to prove to him that he is right, ( i he ever doubted it.)  he will feel justified in keeping Thailand closed for the next 6 months.

11 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

So, Thailand is safe? Really?

On road death figures alone Thailand should figure as being the last place on the planet to visit.

Maybe catching Covid here is minimal, but getting from the airport to your hotel and any subsequent travel is definitely risky.

• Like 1

Moderate  population  density  Really

I  wonder  how that is   near  70 million  in a  country  a bit  bigger  than  Aust  smallest  state   

Oh  Australia  is a huge  country   population  about 25 millon 

Thai  works  figures   for tourism  

But  no tourist   

No  flights   not  many country   open to travel  anyway

soon as they can will let  Chinese  back  

then things will  change

Good luck 

No matter how you will try to attract tourists to come to Thailand, you can't do it alone.

Different countries have different rules to Thailand. If you impose quarantine, they will

impose quarantine. That's a month lost of precious holiday and believe it, that's not on.

"Never interrupt an enemy whos is about to make a mistake".    Napoleon

12 minutes ago, warcy said:

What type of survey is that?

Italy and Japan are not safe. China and Vietnam are safer than some of the countries listed.

Italy is quite safe now.

A country is not unsafe only because it transparently publishes its true numbers to the world. Its more the other way arournd.

But the survey itself is dubious without question.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Did they take road stupidity into account with their sums...?  ???? 

Reading between the lines I reckon they was more angling towards the Covid side that the world is currently gripped by.

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Did they take road stupidity into account with their sums...?  ???? 

In most European countries the number of daily casualties from traffic accidents and Covid together are far lower than the Thai numbers of people killed in traffic accidents per day. 

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

In most European countries the number of daily casualties from traffic accidents and Covid together are far lower than the Thai numbers of people killed in traffic accidents per day. 

Well, as LOS is no.1 for road stupidity and tourists safety I reckon it should have been mentioned....????