Sign Language - US versus Thai

skippybangkok

"Working on a project which has some American Sign Language in it. Is Thai sign language the same or similar ?" 

Hi, I am native BSL (British Sign Language) and I am currently living in Phuket for years.  I also possess the knowledge of both ASL & TSL as second languages. ???? 

I am told that TSL is borrowing 53% from ASL. TSL has its own Thai fingerspelling & national Thai signs. What kind of project - may I ask? Is that aiming for Thai signers? Or ASL signers? Dont forget International Sign Language (Inter-SL) can be very similar with ASL. Can you sign???      

3 hours ago, nabbie said:

"Working on a project which has some American Sign Language in it. Is Thai sign language the same or similar ?" 

Hi, I am native BSL (British Sign Language) and I am currently living in Phuket for years.  I also possess the knowledge of both ASL & TSL as second languages. ???? 

I am told that TSL is borrowing 53% from ASL. TSL has its own Thai fingerspelling & national Thai signs. What kind of project - may I ask? Is that aiming for Thai signers? Or ASL signers? Dont forget International Sign Language (Inter-SL) can be very similar with ASL. Can you sign???      

Thanks for your kind advice from both posters. I am working on a English Language project which besides English, gives kids some intro into Sign language. We are tailoring it for Thailand , and by the sounds of it we might need to drop the sign for the pilot project