Do people in Tourist Visa and allowed to stay till Sept 26th, have to report the 90 days?

Sorry to trouble you guys;

I am one of that thousand that are allowed to stay in Thailand till Sept 26th (Due to Covid) Because my Tourist visa expired after March 26th.  My question is related to this:

Do we need to do the 90 days report by the end of the month of August or not?

I do not think so, but I would like to be sure as I tried to call immigration but I did not have answer in these last days.

Thank you so much for your kindness

Siddharta

15 minutes ago, Siddharta said:

Thank you so much!

I appreciate

Not related to your question. However be aware that as you entered Thailand on a tourist visa, did you apply for 30 day extension already? If not you could obtain one for 1900baht and as I understand it that will be dated from Sept 31 giving you another 30 days to consider your options.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not related to your question. However be aware that as you entered Thailand on a tourist visa, did you apply for 30 day extension already? If not you could obtain one for 1900baht and as I understand it that will be dated from Sept 31 giving you another 30 days to consider your options.

I already used the 30 days, thanks for that anyway.

Just now, Siddharta said:

I already used the 30 days, thanks for that anyway.

If it's not rude to ask.....what are your plans coming up to Sept 26. 

Seems extension may not be available to you. Many threads relating to that.

Does not effect me but hoping amnesty extended for those that need it.

52 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If it's not rude to ask.....what are your plans coming up to Sept 26. 

Seems extension may not be available to you. Many threads relating to that.

Does not effect me but hoping amnesty extended for those that need it.

I am still thinking about, I will probably do a long term or I will leave. I am sure there will be a second wave of Cov id this winter and wherever I will stay I will not be able to move for a while again.  I think Cov Id will go ahead till next spring.

I am retired so I can think well about it.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No 90 report for you at any stage

That depends on who you want to believe.

I last entered on a ME Non O on 6th Feb and when I went to Immigration a couple of weeks ago I was told that I should have reported after I had been in the country for 90 days.

She tried to make me do it there and then but I said I would be back in a few days to do a 12 month extension and didn't want to complicate things. A bit of reluctance but finally agreed.

Things are not as they were and people should be prepared for deviation from the norm.

22 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That depends on who you want to believe.

I last entered on a ME Non O on 6th Feb and when I went to Immigration a couple of weeks ago I was told that I should have reported after I had been in the country for 90 days.

The ministerial notice approved on April 7th does state they are not required. And the latest extension of it says September 26th. 

But if you go to a immigration office to do something they can ask you to do one to get caught up on them. No fine or anything else.

I skipped mine due in April and did one this month before doing my extension during the same trip to immigration. No questions asked and it was done in few minutes and now I have a report date in November.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The ministerial notice approved on April 7th does state they are not required. And the latest extension of it says September 26th. 

But if you go to a immigration office to do something they can ask you to do one to get caught up on them. No fine or anything else.

I skipped mine due in April and did one this month before doing my extension during the same trip to immigration. No questions asked and it was done in few minutes and now I have a report date in November.

Are you seriously suggesting that when she told me that I should have reported after 90 days that I should have said Ubonjoe says you are wrong.

It is time people faced reality. Irrespective of any ministerial notice, some IOs are taking the view that those on amnesty are like people in an "all you can eat buffet" that pile their plates.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Are you seriously suggesting that when she told me that I should have reported after 90 days that I should have said Ubonjoe says you are wrong.

It is time people faced reality. Irrespective of any ministerial notice, some IOs are taking the view that those on amnesty are like people in an "all you can eat buffet" that pile their plates.

Maybe you miss understand. They want even from tourist visa farangs to make "notification of residenence" every 90 days! But tourist visa holder not get any problem if not make that. Only residence owner can get fine.

That not for your case i mean tourist visa people's case.

Or maybe i missunderstand .????

Edited by 2 is 1

10 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Maybe you miss understand. They want even from tourist visa farangs to make "notification of residenence" every 90 days! But tourist visa holder not get any problem if not make that. Only residence owner can get fine.

That not for your case i mean tourist visa people's case.

Or maybe i missunderstand .????

You have misunderstood. You are confusing 90 day and TM30.

13 minutes ago, sandyf said:

If she had been serious about it being due to it not being a official order she could of insisted you do then and there and had you pay the 2000 baht fine.

Perhaps you should read the ministerial order if you think I am wrong.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Why "Ubonjoe said"? The Thai cabinet / Prayut said it.

Immigration doesn't agree with the Cabinet's decision to extend the amnesty, but this is obviously their problem and no reason to annoy foreigners. They can complain to Prayut about it, but i guess he doesn't care what a small IO thinks.

It is time people faced reality, you can't let immigration get away with everything they want, it starts with small things (not returning 100THB change when applying for an extension, asking for money for fuel for a home visit, or asking people to do a 90 day report even if not required) and when they see that they can get away with it they continue with more serious things.

In the last couple of weeks I have encountered a distinct change in attitude both at immigration and DLT. This is not the time for confrontation, will never lead to anything and make things worse for others. There may be a short term benefit for some but there will never be a positive outcome.

I am quite aware that is not the view of TVF, they always think they are right and have to prove it.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If she had been serious about it being due to it not being a official order she could of insisted you do then and there and had you pay the 2000 baht fine.

You've certainly been wrong in the past, and I am not going to tell any IO how to interpret any government policy.

If you believe that confrontation is the way forward then we are all in for a rough ride.

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You've certainly been wrong in the past, and I am not going to tell any IO how to interpret any government policy.

If you believe that confrontation is the way forward then we are all in for a rough ride.

I am not perfect and I cannot always predict what a odd office may want.

I don't think I said anything about confrontation. I was just saying that they were aware of the rules and were only wanting you to get caught up on on your reporting.

• Like 2

I entered Thailand on 26 February and in first week of March the lockdown started so I am being kept in this country.

Please, anyone knows if by 26 September the train from Bangkok to Penang would be available? I need to go to Penang. Or by air if possible.

If I stay over the date line of 26 September will I be fined 200 Baht a day? Is it 200Baht a day?

17 minutes ago, poloshirt said:

I entered Thailand on 26 February and in first week of March the lockdown started so I am being kept in this country.

Please, anyone knows if by 26 September the train from Bangkok to Penang would be available? I need to go to Penang. Or by air if possible.

It is impossible to answer your question at this time. I personally doubt it very much.

You might be able to leave but getting back into Thailand might not be possible.

17 minutes ago, poloshirt said:

If I stay over the date line of 26 September will I be fined 200 Baht a day? Is it 200Baht a day?

It is 500 baht a day up to a maximum of 20k baht.

Best to try and get a the 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy at immigration. What type of visa did you use for entry or was it visa exempt?

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is impossible to answer your question at this time. I personally doubt it very much.

You might be able to leave but getting back into Thailand might not be possible.

It is 500 baht a day up to a maximum of 20k baht.

Best to try and get a the 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy at immigration. What type of visa did you use for entry or was it visa exempt?

I am Malaysian. So under Asean members on first entry into the country I get a 30 days and need to renew and pay after it expires.

18 minutes ago, poloshirt said:

I am Malaysian. So under Asean members on first entry into the country I get a 30 days and need to renew and pay after it expires.

You under the normal 30 day visa exempt scheme and can apply for 30 day extension of your entry.

The only thing special for Malaysians it that they get a 30 day day entry at at border crossings.

If you did not apply for the 30 day extension.

You can enter Malaysia now since you a citizen of Malaysia but you would not be able to return at this time.

On 8/19/2020 at 1:00 PM, Clarkey611 said:

Went to Mueang Thong Thai on Monday with the family and received a 60 day extension to a tourist visa until 25 November 2020. In and out within an hour. Good, clear service.

Thank you,

Was is it a SETV? bit confused about the 60 day extension? usually extensions  are for only 30 days right?

On 8/18/2020 at 5:00 PM, ubonjoe said:

It is September 27th. There are only 30 days in September. ????

Sorry if this has been asked before ????

Is it still possible to apply for a 30 days extension on an 60 days expired (mid April 2020) SETV? Valid until date on the SETV sticker is 15 may2020.

1 minute ago, falangUK said:

Is it still possible to apply for a 30 days extension on an 60 days expired (mid April 2020) SETV? Valid until date on the SETV sticker is 15 may 2020.

Yes it is still possible. But some offices might say no.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is still possible. But some offices might say no.

Thank you very much UbonJoe ???? 

Will try the CNX immigration, If they refuse will try another office somewhere not too far. 

BTW is it better to wait a few more weeks perhaps until September to try this?

21 minutes ago, falangUK said:

BTW is it better to wait a few more weeks perhaps until September to try this?

I would wait until September to do the application. There is a better chance it will start on the 27th if you do it then.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

WOW>>>>>someone 's getting <deleted> today.