Up to date documents required to renew A Non-Immigrant O Visa

11 hours ago, david2923 said:

I am in the process of applying for my second one year extension.

The first year they came to my house. and next Tuesday they will come to my house.

will this happen every year I apply?

Most offices do not do a 2nd visit but some do one every year it seems. Some will only do another visit if you change addresses .

• Like 1

I was told by wife that if we had kids they would not come, since there are no kids, its something I guess I will have to put up with. they took more photos and had a talk with witness

Other note for those who are married and have at least 400K in a bank, you will need

Copy of bank book on the day you apply for extension, do update on day you apply

and

Letter from bank no older than 1 week, 100baht

and 

if there is no activity in your account, a bank statement will be needed, 200 baht

Mine done at Nonthaburi 

• Like 1

Hi,

What's the financial requirements for extension of a non o based on kids? 400k or 800k For how long in the bank?

I have always done this outside of Thailand before and showed in excess of the higher amount, however been banking more in an overseas acc lately.

I'm currently in country and the visa expires in a few days (visa validity), I'm stamped in to mid January 2021.

Kind regards

nbg

9 minutes ago, nbg said:

What's the financial requirements for extension of a non o based on kids? 400k or 800k For how long in the bank?

When applying for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of dependent Thai children, you only need to show 400K on a personal Thai bank-account at the moment of application (no need for seasoning the funds). 

Note: I am not sure if you need to keep it there during the 3-4 week under consideration period, but once you got the 1-year permission to stay stamp in your passport you are free to use the funds as you please.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When applying for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of dependent Thai children, you only need to show 400K on a personal Thai bank-account at the moment of application (no need for seasoning the funds). 

Note: I am not sure if you need to keep it there during the 3-4 week under consideration period, but once you got the 1-year permission to stay stamp in your passport you are free to use the funds as you please.

Thanks Peter much appreciated!

So does this 3-4 week consideration period mean I will have to apply approx 1 month before my current stamp expires?

FIY my current visa expires on Oct 27 2020 and I arrived on the 15th this month (in quarantine now) so stamped in until 12th of Jan 2021

Kind regards

nbg

3 minutes ago, nbg said:

So does this 3-4 week consideration period mean I will have to apply approx 1 month before my current stamp expires?

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your extension is approved. You can apply for a extension on the last day of your permit to stay and stay in the country after the getting the under consideration stamp.

4 minutes ago, nbg said:

FIY my current visa expires on Oct 27 2020 and I arrived on the 15th this month (in quarantine now) so stamped in until 12th of Jan 2021

You visas expiration date mean nothing now that you are in the country. You have until January 12th to apply for a extension of stay. If you need more time to apply for the one year extension you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then do the one year extension during the last 30 days of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your extension is approved. You can apply for a extension on the last day of your permit to stay and stay in the country after the getting the under consideration stamp.

You visas expiration date mean nothing now that you are in the country. You have until January 12th to apply for a extension of stay. If you need more time to apply for the one year extension you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then do the one year extension during the last 30 days of it.

Thanks for the info ubonjoe and Peter, that's a weight of my mind not needed during this quarantine.

Have a great day everyone

• Like 1