Up to date documents required to renew A Non-Immigrant O Visa

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

The PDF ubonjoe posted is exactly what I needed to get my extension from CW. The first two or three years I used to get a new kor ror 2, but every time I handed it to them they'd curtly shove it back at me like, "you don't need that!". After that I never got a new one and they've never asked. 

Also, at CW, you must keep at least 400k in your account untouched until you go back and get your official extension stamp. They wanna see your bankbook and copies have been kept at at least 400k for 30 days after you apply. 

Thanks for the report and good that you mention that the updated Kor Ror 2 is not required at CW for your 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage.

However, there are many IOs where it is required (the usual inconsistency in application of the rules/regulations at different offices).

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks for the report and good that you mention that the updated Kor Ror 2 is not required at CW for your 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage.

However, there are many IOs where it is required (the usual inconsistency in application of the rules/regulations at different offices).

Don't quote me on that. That's just from my experience of doing 7 extensions. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Don't quote me on that. That's just from my experience of doing 7 extensions. 

Hi rkidlad, nobody will use it against you.  On the contrary, it is quite useful when TVF members report the experience at their local IO for the benefit of other members using that same IO.

Which is in itself of course no guarantee that the office didn't change course in mean time or your application being handled by an officer with a different view/interpretation.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Basically copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, extension stamp if any and TM6 departure card.

Copies of updated bank book and original showing the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months. Letter from the bank confirming your account and balance on the day it is written (note this if for the first extension).

Some office may want more passport copies and proof of residence.

So Ubonjoe,  It is better to go for the retirement visa than the visa based on marriage if you have

the 800,000 baht in the bank for 2 months. Less pain?

13 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

So Ubonjoe,  It is better to go for the retirement visa than the visa based on marriage if you have

The requirements for a 1-year extension of stay are different when applying for reason of retirement or for reason of marriage.

But in both cases you can use the Funds-in-bank method (800K for a retirement extension / 400K for a marriage extension), which only requires 2 months seasoning of the funds before the date of application for the 1-year extension of stay.

When using the monthly income transfer method (65K or 40K monthly income transfers for retirement or marriage) you also need to prove the foreign origins of those funds and might be required to also provide evidence of the source the foreign income.  Using that method you need to provide evidence of two months of such income transfers prior to date of application.  However, some IOs - incorrectly - require 3 months of transfers, and some even insist on 12 months of transfers in the preceding period.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I has less documents required. It would not it being less painful.

But the big difference if using the money in the bank option is that the 400k baht only has to be in the 2 months before you apply for marriage. For retirement the 800k baht has to be in the bank for 2 months before, then for 3 months after and then 400k baht until you top up your account to 800k baht for the next extension.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 50cruff said:

What is the Fee for 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage.

And is there a Different fee for it to be Multiple Entry.

Same 1900 baht fee paid for all extensions of stay. 

Reentry permits have the same fee as well.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 50cruff said:

What is the Fee for 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage.

And is there a Different fee for it to be Multiple Entry.

Every application for an extension of stay costs 1.900,- THB

Irrespective whether it is for a 30-day, 60-day or 1-year extension of stay.

An extension of stay does not include a Re-Entry Permit.

A Single-Entry Re-Entry Permit costs 1.000,- THB and a Multiple-Entry Re-Entry Permit costs 3.800,- THB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

My O-A visa expires in October, when i can get back to Thailand, what visa should i get forlog term stay.  I canno afford the rediculus Health insurance demanded.

Depends on what 'long term' means - The only visa which provides more than the O-A is the Thai Elite visa - but that is expensive.

34 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

My O-A visa expires in October, when i can get back to Thailand, what visa should i get forlog term stay.  I canno afford the rediculus Health insurance demanded.

The cheapest IO-approved health-insurance meeting the Non Imm O-A requirement for health-insurance is the LMG Insurance Plan 1 policy (with 200K deductible) for an annual premium ranging from 6.000 THB to 11.400 THB in the age categories of 51 to 75 years.  With the additional advantage being that this policy does not require an (expensive) medical to subscribe to it.

Edited by Peter Denis

Today i was issued my 90 day Non Immigrant O visa based on marriage at Chaengwattana Bangkok

I entered Thailand on March 20th tourist exemption to 18 April.

July 8th whilst under the amnesty i applied for a 60 extension of stay to visit my Thai wife valid until 6 Sept.

11th August i submitted my application for my 90 day Non Immigration O visa based on marriage, the immigration home visit was completed on 18th August.

Today i received my visa and In 60 days from now i can apply to have this extended for 1 year.

I went this route as a long term option as it will be simpler for me when working in the region and returning to Thailand frequently and also when i retire in a couple of years i will already have this process set up. 

Its also a great time now to process this as its a quick and easy process now as CW is so quiet with many holding out for late Sept to see if borders will re-open or there would be another amnesty extension. We arrived at 9am this morning straight in to the officer and out within 20 minutes.

The whole process was quick and efficient and from my experience the IO gave me all the information i needed at each stage and the only thing i was asked for in addition to the published list of documents for submission was a photocopy of each page of my bank book. We also included my TM30's, 6 wedding photos and 6 months of bank statements in our submission as extras. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BangkokAlan said:

11th August i submitted my application for my 90 day Non Immigration O visa based on marriage, the immigration home visit was completed on 18th August.

How much of a trial is the "home visit", generally? I got my first 'under consideration' stamp ysterday and am now nervously awaiting the knock on the door. Is it a real grilling or just a quick inspection?

The home inspection was easy as firstly the officer called the day before and my wife gave him very clear instructions on how to get to our condo, secondly we met them at the reception and showed respect for the process and lastly the officer mentioned our witness, my wife best friend of 15 years was very professional and could explain how she knew my wife and myself. It is not a grilling its just a check that the marriage is real. all done ion 40 minutes max. The officers were professional and efficient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Im about to get my first extension of stay based on marriage based on my 90 day Non Imm O visa secured in August. Do i go back to Chaengwattana or to the Muang Thong Thani office?

if MTT does anyone have the link to appointment booking?

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, BangkokAlan said:

Im about to get my first extension of stay based on marriage based on my 90 day Non Imm O visa secured in August. Do i go back to Chaengwattana or to the Muang Thong Thani office?

CW for all long-stay extensions.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokAlan said:

What do you need to do?

If you mean going back on the report back date shown on the under consideration stamp to get your one year extension stamp that is done at Cw.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BangkokAlan said:

Thanks Peter, Joe. I have got my 90 day Non Immigrant visa and now want to submit for the extension of stay based on this Non O. I will head to CW tomorrow.

Thanks again. 

Be sure to have the wife with you, photos together at home, her paperwork - as well as financials.  Suspect you know that but you said "I" rather than "we".  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2020 at 5:21 PM, ubonjoe said:

Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

I extend my 'O' visa at CW and their requirements vary, so be prepared.

Last year, for the first time they asked for a second copy of my passport pages, so there was a quick trip downstairs to the copy shop.

Each year they request a copy of my latest 90-Day Notice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BangkokAlan said:

Thanks Peter, Joe. I have got my 90 day Non Immigrant visa and now want to submit for the extension of stay based on this Non O. I will head to CW tomorrow.

Thanks again. 

I did a marriage extension of stay at CW in mid Sep/last month.  See below for summary of requirements.   Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys for all your comments and direction, my wife will accompany me for the submission at CW. We have all the required documents, photos and financial requirements that are known but theres always some minor things they may ask for as extras which we will try and anticipate and bring with us.

Joe you mentioned on your list they may want a witness, when i applied for my in country 90 day Non Imm O based on marriage in August they did the house visit and my witness was present to answer their questions. Will they want to see the witness again for the 1 year extension? as i have not arranged this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Monday I went in to do my first extension

I thought I had my ducks in a row, but I thought wrong

Before going to immigration, I stopped by the bank and had my bank book updated to that day.

This bank account is for immigration purposes only and the last activity was June 29 of this year, this account has very little activity and I am over 400K baht in this account. I also had that note from the bank too that needs to be submitted.

They made me go back to the bank to get a statement on paper (extra 200 baht) since there was no activity from June 29 2020 till last Monday. Are these numskulls not aware that any activity would have shown up in my bank book record update i did that morning??? if there was any activity, it would have been recorded.

Is there anyone else out there that had to do this?

another little tid bit, 

for an extra 500 baht, you get express service. Meaning you do not wait in line.

11 minutes ago, david2923 said:

This bank account is for immigration purposes only and the last activity was June 29 of this year, this account has very little activity and I am over 400K baht in this account. I also had that note from the bank too that needs to be submitted.

They made me go back to the bank to get a statement on paper

Depending on which bank a long spell without an update on the book can sometimes result in a consolidated entry. IE It will show what is in there on the date of update only, and not reflect any prior activity. In your case between June 29 and 5th October. Immigration cannot confirm the balance did not go too low during that period, hence reject it. 

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, david2923 said:

Seriously? this is how they run their banking in this country? not recording all transactions can really screw things up. I cant believe this

Believe or not it is a fact and some banks will not even make an update without current activity - all transactions will be recorded on a bank statement however.  Passbooks have very limited storage and require all account holders appear in bank to obtain another so many people do not want more than an occasional update of current balance in book.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe or not it is a fact and some banks will not even make an update without current activity - all transactions will be recorded on a bank statement however.  Passbooks have very limited storage and require all account holders appear in bank to obtain another so many people do not want more than an occasional update of current balance in book.

Sadly, with the newer stipulations for a bank deposit based retirement extension, if one wants to use the bankbook alone you need to put it in the update machine quite regularly. I may even be being overly optimistic that the book alone will suffice. I may also need to buy a 12 month  statement to meet their hoop jump requirements. 

23 minutes ago, david2923 said:

I am in the process of applying for my second one year extension.

The first year they came to my house. and next Tuesday they will come to my house.

will this happen every year I apply?

I think this depends a lot on where you apply.. and even at the same place it could be different.
I am doing it at CW... and never had a visit (3 extensions).

• Like 1