time wasted on things in life

opalred

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess over the years I wasted some time with the wrong girls but I guess that was necessary to find the right girls.

555   not time wasted , since those "experiences"  were what gave some of us our education.  

I can always tell which posters have seen the many facets of the "thai experience" .......... as opposed

to the ones who just imagine they are experts .    

And somehow we do tend to look back with devilish delight (and relief) at those mistakes  

• Thanks 1

Matching up socks isn't exactly time wasted compared with other things. When I first came to Thailand I felt that wearing flip-flops in public all the time was 'weird', but I soon got used to it and took to it - soon had little need for socks. 

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I think a 4 year degree is time wasted.

Nothing wrong with getting a degree, but it could be condensed into one year.  So many unnecessary requirements that do not enhance ones ability to get a job or be successful.

Remembering back many years ago of course professors who loved to hear themselves talk 3 hour lectures when they could get the point across in 15 minutes.  4 years of girls wanting to experiment with their sexuality was the only redeeming value of it.

It doesn't happen.  Universities in Thailand separate girls and boys like cancer and hair.

Edited by TLeaf

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not wearing any socks since I came to Thailand more than 20 years ago. I guess I won the price.

I guess over the years I wasted some time with the wrong girls but I guess that was necessary to find the right girls. C'est la vie.

oh there have been so many ,but they were always the right one ,right up until i found the next right one. mind you i have now stopped looking .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not wearing any socks since I came to Thailand more than 20 years ago. I guess I won the price.

I guess over the years I wasted some time with the wrong girls but I guess that was necessary to find the right girls. C'est la vie.

Yea I bet you're a right catch in your flip flops and singa vests.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, opalred said:

no it is socks /every time you wash your socks it takes half hour to match them up 

so if you add it up half hour week for 60  years/adds to over 4 weeks 

I have women to do that.

What takes up my time is finding where they've hidden them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

:clap2:

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I think a 4 year degree is time wasted.

Nothing wrong with getting a degree, but it could be condensed into one year.  So many unnecessary requirements that do not enhance ones ability to get a job or be successful.

Remembering back many years ago of course professors who loved to hear themselves talk 3 hour lectures when they could get the point across in 15 minutes.  4 years of girls wanting to experiment with their sexuality was the only redeeming value of it.

:thumbsup:

washing the car, listening to Mrs P talk about different types of mushrooms, any conversation with young children, listening to whining employees, listening to whining bosses, any time spent as a passenger on and in anything, making my own beer, listening for the millionth time to my sister tell the story of how I pushed her down the stairs when she was 6, ( I didn't, she fell and I tried to catch her, and she is now 60, so get over it). Listening to Party Political Broadcasts. fishing, golf when I am <deleted> at it, gym, replying to TVF posts, driving anywhere, flying anything that does less than 600 knots.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, opalred said:

no it is socks /every time you wash your socks it takes half hour to match them up 

You are obviously not a mathematics professor. My first year at uni the maths prof always had different coloured socks, to the delight of us mere mortals.

I have literally hundred of pairs of socks.....and I always bought the same styles in the same colours....I have business socks and high and low level sports socks. I don't wear them any more......does anyone want to buy them? They are pretty much as new and not very smelly.