20 Thai Thugs Beat 15 Year Old Boy To Death With....

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: April 25th 2007

Two Gang Members Arrested For Murder

On 22nd April at about 11 pm the police were informed that a young boy was being beaten by a group of up to 20 young men using wooden clubs, in front of a Kodak photo shop in Soi Sunee, South Pattaya.

On arrival the police found Mr. Phoomin Khan, aged 15, seriously injured so took him to Memorial Hospital. He had to be sent to Chonburi Hospital for further treatment, where sadly he died from his wounds.

At 11 pm on 24th April, Mr. Phakphoom Khan, father of the dead boy informed the Pattaya Police that he found two of the men that killed his son. He was detaining them at Grand Hall Buakhao local market and requested for police assistance.

Suriyan – 22 and Panya – 23 were arrested. The police had a hard time before taking them back to the station since friends and relatives of the deceased were extremely angry and wanted to beat up the suspects.

The police had to calm everyone down and assured them that these men will be punished. But first of all the police must question them about the remaining members of the group and find out why they did what they did.

Pattaya's getting worse, glad I moved out.

Pattaya is still great for a holiday, but to live and grow old there, no thanks.

you said it. i'm looking to move soon. they want to keep blaming the problems on "western values" while the real issues, the kids' unrestricted access to weapons and drugs goes unanswered. they're shooting,stabbing,clubbing each other, sexually assaulting their female peers, and with increasing frequency the problems are spilling over into tourist circles. they need to start addressing these serious problems now. and it starts with thais selling other thais illegal drugs for profit. :o

Edited by cali4995

I have been saying for two years that crime is out of control in Thailand and yes Im glad I moved out. Read this:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_...arms-per-capita

But Im sure we will get stupid responce from the ones on here that wont take there heads out of the sand.

EX Thailand Ex-Pat

Yes lets wait and see the replys from them saying its old statistics ect ect again and that their ok because they never venture into anywhere that has any danger as the only place they go is from their fortified house to their new fortuner and on to a top resteraunt.

Well. Nice stats. How many of you actually read them, or just glanced at the first page and decided that things were out of control in Thailand ?

Did you happen to notice, for example, that the stats were a compilation of data from 1998-2000 ?

Did you happen to notice that, during that period, there were 5,140 murders in Thailand, and that "20,032" of those were by firearms ? Yeah, great numbers. :D

Makes me wonder how many of their other numbers are totally out to lunch.

Did any of you happen to compare the numbers to other countries ?

Thailand UK Australia Canada Germany Japan USA

(est population) 63 million 61 million 20 million 33 million 82 million 127 million 300 million

Total Crimes 565,108 5,170,830 (6+ million*) 2,476,520 6,264,720 2,443,470 23,677,800

Murders 5,140 850 302 489 960 637 12,658

Rapes 4,000 8,593 15,630 24,049 7,499 2,260 89,110

Assaults 20,125 450,865 141,124 233,517 116,912 43,229 2,238,480

Robberies 780 95,154 23,314 27,012 59,414 5,173 409,670

Interesting.

While being fairly close in size (population wise) to the UK, Thailand has considerably more murders, and dramatically lower stats in the other categories.

Despite having 3 times the population of Australia, you are more likely to be raped, assaulted and/or robbed in the Land Down Under than in the Land of Smiles.

Even in tame, polite Canada, you are 6 times more likely to be raped, 11 times more likely to be assaulted, and 34 times more likely to be robbed.

Note that these stats all come from that same site quoted in the previous posts.

* - They didn't give a "Total Crimes" stat for Australia, but made special note that 1 in 3 Australians is a victim of a crime (out of a population of approx 20 million).

Aren't numbers wonderful ? :o

Well. Nice stats. How many of you actually read them, or just glanced at the first page and decided that things were out of control in Thailand ?

Did you happen to notice, for example, that the stats were a compilation of data from 1998-2000 ?

Did you happen to notice that, during that period, there were 5,140 murders in Thailand, and that "20,032" of those were by firearms ? Yeah, great numbers. :D

(est population) 63 million 61 million 20 million 33 million 82 million 127 million 300 million

Total Crimes 565,108 5,170,830 (6+ million*) 2,476,520 6,264,720 2,443,470 23,677,800

Interesting.

While being fairly close in size (population wise) to the UK, Thailand has considerably more murders, and dramatically lower stats in the other categories.

Despite having 3 times the population of Australia, you are more likely to be raped, assaulted and/or robbed in the Land Down Under than in the Land of Smiles.

Even in tame, polite Canada, you are 6 times more likely to be raped, 11 times more likely to be assaulted, and 34 times more likely to be robbed.

Note that these stats all come from that same site quoted in the previous posts.

* - They didn't give a "Total Crimes" stat for Australia, but made special note that 1 in 3 Australians is a victim of a crime (out of a population of approx 20 million).

did you know ..... 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot. :D:D

Ok sounds possible, but how can you explain seeing more crime and shootings here ? from personal experiance I have lived in France, Canada, USA, and UK, but it is here in pattaya that I have seen the most.

Shootings and stabbings and Violent beatings are part of everyday life in Pattaya, at the moment the stabbings and shootings usually just involve Thai's, at the moment that is..................

I know people who would never live in a house in Pattaya because of the amount of house robberies in the area, so they stick to buying or renting condos, sensible in my opinion.

I moved to Pattaya in 1990, I left living full time there nearly 4 years ago, I still have a place there that I keep on, and it's still a good place to go for a few days break, only cos the bars are still open that is, but to want to retire there.......grow old there....live there again full time......in the traffic jams and pollution...........No way. Pattaya in 1990 was good, in 2007 it ain't so good anymore.

Just my own humble opinion

Interesting.

kerryd..................your point is ?

It is pretty obvious to everyone except a few business owner/renters here that pattaya crime is and has been on the rise, my first post on the subject was some time ago........denial and ignorance is a mistake. Even pattaya police recognise this and are now trying to curb the situation, anyone notice the police random road stops and the house raids......not aimed at falangs, drugs seem to be the primary concern and the supply of money to feed the habbit, guns are also a concern.

On top of this we have political instability which could get worse, we have a government that is making it uncomfortable for falangs to stay here, we have a decline in tourists, I have also noticed a general down turn in thai attitudes to falangs.

be careful out there peeps

Ok sounds possible, but how can you explain seeing more crime and shootings here ? from personal experiance I have lived in France, Canada, USA, and UK, but it is here in pattaya that I have seen the most.

Wrong place wrong time, perhaps. :o But i must agree that pattaya/phuket has seen a tremendous increase in crimes in the papers. (and in thai visa.com)

Interesting.

It would be impossible to come up with useful stats but I'd put money down that the Pattaya region has a very high per capita violent crime rate, much higher than any other region in Thailand.

I have been saying for two years that crime is out of control in Thailand and yes Im glad I moved out. Read this:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_...arms-per-capita

But Im sure we will get stupid responce from the ones on here that wont take there heads out of the sand.

EX Thailand Ex-Pat

Where did you move to?

Sorry Tropo but that is a secret as I want it to stay as the paradise it is.

Cheers Tony

There has definitely been an increase in crime in Pattaya....all you have to do is compare figures now to 1955.....

It would be more helpful however to compare like with like and then you get a different picture.

Personal experience is really not on...one is only a sample of one in a population of 100s of thousands

Edited by wilko

There has definitely been an increase in crime in Pattaya....all you have to do is compare figures now to 1955.....

It would be more helpful however to compare like with like and then you get a different picture.

I doubt you'd find anywhere in the world where crime has decreased during that same period. It would give you an idea about how fast the crime rate is rising though.

The point I was trying to make in my previous post (where the formatting got all screwed up), was that when you compare Thailand to some of the countries that a lot of TV members come from, most of the stats were considerably lower than those in the member's home countries. The only notable standout was the murder rate, and even those numbers are suspect when you realise that they note 4 times more people were murdered with firearms, than were murdered in total during that period.

(Someone pointed out the discrepancy to the editor of that site, who responded that the numbers were a compilation of stats from various sites.)

As you know, many members come from countries that have better trained/more professional Police forces, yet even in countries with smaller populations than Thailand, they have higher crime rates. For example Australia, which has roughly 1/3rd the population of Thailand, yet the (reported) number of Rapes is almost 4 times more than Thailand. The number of Assaults is 7 times more.

The problem is, people look at the page displayed in the first link and see Thailand has the 3rd highest rate of murders (with firearms) and suddenly everyone thinks crime is out of control.

Yet when you compare the numbers with stats in their home countries, you find that Thailand is actually much safer (in most categories). To point out one stat and then claim that things are out of control is just being sensationalistic.

That is one of the biggest problems with numbers. It's easy to make your case when you only show the numbers that suit you.

Yes, crime is on the rise, in Pattaya and the rest of Thailand. Same can be said for the rest of the world. Despite it's problems, I still feel safer here than I do back in Canada. I hope it stays that way for generations to come.

On arrival the police found Mr. Phoomin Khan, aged 15, seriously injured so took him to Memorial Hospital. He had to be sent to Chonburi Hospital for further treatment, where sadly he died from his wounds.

This is so tragic and, sadly, reflects badly on the mercenary enterprises called "Private Hospitals" here. What was it that the public Chonburi Hospital could do for the young Mr. Phoomkin that the private Memorial Hospital couldn't? Or was it simply that the young man and his grieving family couldn't afford the life-saving care that was available in the Memorial Hospital. Being seriously injured, sending him on a 45 to 60 minute journey from Pattaya to Chonburi was unforgivable and there is no mention of an ambulance, or accompanying medics, being used to transport him to Chonburi.