Democrats nominate Joe Biden for president, vowing he will end Trump 'chaos'

webfact

11 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Biden to end the chaos? This implies Biden is organized and methodical. We should be able to see these qualities from any of his speeches. Let's try this recent speech -

"I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap..." (extract from the infamous Corn-pop speech Dec'19)

Sorry, but this does not bode well for his ability to end chaos when he can not even complete a thought.

One word for you: "covfefe".

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Deli said:

Looking at this old fart, I wonder if he will still be alive in November.

If the Dems don't have anything better to offer, Trump is defintely the better choice.

Because Trump is spring chicken? In much better command of his cognitive abilities? Better physical health? What, exactly, makes him a "better choice"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Trump closing on Biden, especially in the key states. 

trump gained just one percentage point in the key states since last October, 2019. Not considered closing in I would debate you. Do link us your proof if you can backup that claim please.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/trump-vs-biden-top-battleground-states/

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

A common characteristic of the TVF Trump sympathizers is that they favour insults and exaggerated claims, often intended to disparage people. We rarely see an intelligent critique of policy. Sure, the  DNC isn't going to win over die hard haters, but it is not intended for that. The principal goals this year;

1. Unite the Democrat party to ensure everyone votes, especially in swing states.

2. Reach out to the Republicans and Independents who put the best interests of the country first.

3. Reassure America that the Democrats have a strong bench and a viable plan.

4. Showcase the youth and vitality of the party.

The DNC is delivering on all of the above. 

An example of the  low class gutter  style comments used by  Trump supporters. They have nothing of value to offer, so instead they insult and disparage.  What does Hunter Biden have to do with this? Unlike Trump's kids  cavorting with Russian agents, Hunter Biden did not  have any affiliation to the  democrat party, nor did he act on behalf of Joe Biden. More   garbage, because they have nothing intelligent to offer.

More character assassination. Toss in the words cognitive decline, dementia and see if it sticks. Has this person examined Joe Biden? No, but that doesn't stop him from   tossing a false claim. The person making this claim isn't just dishonest, but  is obviously of limited intelligence. If anyone believes that Joe Biden did not undergo multiple  physical exams and a mental state assessment, then they are deluded. The Democrat party was not going to nominate someone who could cause a problem in a  year. The fact that the exam is done privately does not mean that it did not occur.

Another example of the  typical trump supporter's disrespect for democracy, political representation and the US Constitution.  The congress women was elected by her district's voters. She is their designated representative. What part of democratic representation does this person not understand? She is entitled to her political views.  I do not agree with  them. Many people do not, but others do. In a democracy and in the USA, these people are allowed to express their views.  If there was fiscal fairness and equal opportunity under the current US system, alternative positions as expressed by Congress woman Ocasia-Cortez would not get much traction. What many Trump supporters refuse to accept and deal with is that  there are two Americas: One for the haves, and the other for the have nots. The have nots are in the majority now and they are getting angrier as their frustration grows.  Ignoring their cries for help is no different than Herbert Hoover's failure to udnerstand the plight of the poor at the start of the Great US Depression.

Another example of what Trump supporters do when they have nothing intelligent or factual to offer; Lie.

Nothing to back this claim up. Although we do see   polls and indicators  that show;

Joe Biden Leads Trump in Most Battleground States, Poll Finds

A new survey found that the presumptive Democratic nominee is leading President Trump nationally and in five battleground states.

As the USA hits the 2000 a day of deaths due to Covid19, the message is  being brought home: The Trump administration bungled. Biggly. Us voters are turning and will turn on Trump as they see through the hate and  nastiness.  The Democrats brought a message of  unity, and of hope. The  Trump  teams counters with hate and despair.

Truly these are wonderful responses to each of the dishonest poster's. Makes me honestly wonder about any trump supporter being actually very bright.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

trump gained just one percentage point in the key states since last October, 2019. Not considered closing in I would debate you. Do link us your proof if you can backup that claim please.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/trump-vs-biden-top-battleground-states/

Actually real clear politics just does simple-minded averaging based on recent polling. No adjustments for the reliability of the poll. The best place to go for a more sophisticated analysis is fivethirtyeight.com. They do individual analyses of the states. Nationally, they give Trump a 28% chance of winning. Which is what they gave him last time on the eve of the election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The electoral map based on polling is tightening a little bit. Even with about 118 electoral votes in the Toss-Up column, Biden is still shown getting 301 Electoral Votes. This is without even considering that he will most likely pick up at least some of the Toss-Up states. 

2020 Electoral Map Based on Polls

image.png.b5ad732b1985cf02cfbf1e2075169b73.png

Edited by Silurian
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, rcummings said:

Actually real clear politics just does simple-minded averaging based on recent polling. No adjustments for the reliability of the poll. The best place to go for a more sophisticated analysis is fivethirtyeight.com. They do individual analyses of the states. Nationally, they give Trump a 28% chance of winning. Which is what they gave him last time on the eve of the election.

What I should have noted is that there's been very little change in swing states for the past 2 months according to fivethirtyeight.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rcummings said:

I agree and I follow 538 now daily. They did in 2016 have about the same odds 28 72 but getting an inside straight is not in the cards a second time.

24 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I agree and I follow 538 now daily. They did in 2016 have about the same odds 28 72 but getting an inside straight is not in the cards a second time.

If only the odds were like getting an inside straight and not slightly better than 1 out of 4. Anyway, it's still early days.

2 hours ago, rcummings said:

If only the odds were like getting an inside straight and not slightly better than 1 out of 4. Anyway, it's still early days.

People were unsure of how truthful his promises were back then and were willing to take a risk. The possibilities are close to zero from experiencing him for four years now. The swing states pulse was very different than now.

21 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

A common characteristic of the TVF Trump sympathizers is that they favour insults and exaggerated claims, often intended to disparage people.

Followed by... 

An example of the  low class gutter  style comments used by  Trump supporters. They have nothing of value to offer

Another example of the  typical trump supporter's disrespect for democracy, political representation and the US Constitution. 

The  Trump  teams counters with hate and despair.

You sound like your own definition of a Trump supporter. Pot/Kettle and all that... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SABloke said:

Followed by... 

You sound like your own definition of a Trump supporter. Pot/Kettle and all that... 

Trump reaps what he sows you know bounty’s on GIs betrayal of our constitution epic corruption solicitation of foreign interference in our election suppressing the vote ect ect so yea he’s bound to get some heat about that he is what he is

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/19/2020 at 12:03 PM, Eric Loh said:

Bernie was very polite to limit Trump's threat to the country. He would have continued to warn that law and order, decency, unity, morality and growing global disrespect of USA are at stake. US can't afford another 4 years of utter chaotic Trump's Presidency. The world will thank Biden when Trump is gone.   

Can you be specific about the chaos for which Trump is allegedly responsible? Also, what will the world "thank" Biden for when "Trump is gone", please?

• Confused 3