Thai national returning home from UK

roo860

Has anyone's wife, partner who resides permantly in Thailand, and has been in the UK on tourist visa recently returned to Thailand? If so what proof of residence in Thailand was required by the Thai Embassy in London ? I believe they have to issue you with a letter to allow you to fly, how long before the departure does the evidence have to be submitted? I know my wife will need the Fit to Fly certificate.

40 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

She needs to register with the Embassy here https://bit.ly/3jVCJgS, that will start the process to put her in the queue for a repatriation flight.

I do not believe she needs any proof of residency, she is Thai, that is enough.

The embassy website and their facebook pages have a lot of information she can read.

Cheers, she has a flight with KLM. 

On 8/20/2020 at 7:46 PM, Upnotover said:

Really?  From when?  Do you mean the return leg of the flight she arrived on?  She won't fly KLM out of the UK to Thailand now, she can only go on a repatriation flight.

4th October is the return flight, was booked in June, the ticket is refundable. She will now register for a repatriation flight, see how it goes from there. Her visa expires 14th October.

16 minutes ago, roo860 said:

4th October is the return flight, was booked in June, the ticket is refundable. She will now register for a repatriation flight, see how it goes from there. Her visa expires 14th October.

Good luck, I see KLM are not currently selling to BKK until 25/10, and even that must be optimistic.  There will be several THAI flights back in September as they are currently selling 4 flights BKK>>LHR now.  The returns will be repatriation.

• Thanks 1