Death on the Nile release date, cast, trailer, plot - all about Poirot movie

snoop1130

Death on the Nile release date, cast, trailer, plot - all about Poirot movie

By JENNY DESBOROUGH

gre.PNG

Death on the Nile - all about new Poirot film (Image: 20th Century Fox)

DEATH ON THE NILE is the latest Agatha Christie novel to be adapted by Sir Kenneth Branagh - here is everything to know so far about the film.

Death on the Nile is the latest movie from Sir Kenneth Branagh, in which he will play the iconic Hercule Poirot.

The actor/director has already taken on this mantle in Murder on the Orient Express, in which he gathered a star-studded cast to join him.

Here is everything we know so far about his second Poirot endeavour – Death on the Nile.

Full Story: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1325211/Death-on-the-Nile-release-date-cast-trailer-plot-Poirot-agatha-christie-Kenneth-Branagh

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Very, very difficult to beat Sir Peter Ustinov - wondering why they keep on trying to do a perfect thing better ........... Good luck

Very, very difficult to beat David Suchet.  He looks, sounds just like our little Belgian hero and he has been playing the role for years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Very, very difficult to beat Sir Peter Ustinov - wondering why they keep on trying to do a perfect thing better ........... Good luck

That's the problem for us having seen the previous version – and sometimes read the book – but a lot of new cinema clients have grown up since Ustinov's amazing performance in the end of the 1970s, and with today's CGI some of the older movies might become a bit pale for younger viewers. And if you don't have the predecessor to compare with, the new version will be the "right one"...????

I was for example lucky that I had not seen the Lion King cartoon, so I liked the remake, but I had seen the Dumbo cartoon, and I didn't like that remake; however my teen daughter liked Dumbo, but disliked Lion King, she had seen the cartoon...????

Some films have been remade several times, and some of them actually improved in the next generation, while others were disappointing, look through my glasses...????

Unfortunately I'm also fan of Peter Ustinov and his Hercule Piorot character, but I still found the remake of Murder in the Orient Express alright, and I will look forward to the sequel on the Nile, and try not to compare with the old version – but already in the trailer the CGI river boat seems too large, but that might be because I did have the outstanding experience of sailing on a similar cruise with the very last, steamboat on the Nile – similar sized as in the Ustinov-version – a few years after the film was released...????

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 6:18 PM, Gillyflower said:

Very, very difficult to beat David Suchet.  He looks, sounds just like our little Belgian hero and he has been playing the role for years.

Indeed, but he didn't make any movie versions.

I watched the series ( Suchet ) and the movie of Death on the NIle. Quite different, but both good.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1