TAT launches promotions to boost tourism in Surat Thani and Koh Samui

rooster59

TAT launches promotions to boost tourism in Surat Thani and Koh Samui

By THE NATION

800_1951236229dacc9.jpg

As the Covid-19 situation in Thailand is improving, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched a promotional campaign in association with local entrepreneurs to boost tourism and economy in Surat Thani province.

“The Once in a life time @ Khao Sok, Surat Thani” promotion will offer Bt600 room discount for the first 300 rooms reserved at participating hotels around Khao Sok National Park and Rajjaprabha Dam, also known as the Cheow Lan Dam, which is dubbed ‘Thailand’s Guilin’ by Thai and foreign tourists,” Nantawan Siripokapat, TAT director of the Surat Thani offices, said.

Meanwhile, Suphakarn Yodchun, director of TAT Koh Samui, Koh Tao and Koh Pha-Ngan office, said that the office will launch a campaign “Unlocked Samui” that would offer up to 70 per cent discounts on hotels and facilities on the island.

“The campaign, which will run until October 31, is joined by hotels, car rental providers and guided tour boats on the island to attract tourists to explore the beauty of Koh Samui, which normally welcomes around 400,000 visitors per year,” she added.

Meanwhile, Omphan Nanthapanich, general manager at Celes Beachfront Resort and Samui Palm Beach, a five-star hotel on Koh Samui featuring 200 metres of private beach front, has said that the hotel is offering discounts under the government’s “Rao Tiew Duay Kan” (We Travel Together) campaign with rooms starting at Bt1,788 per night, while the pool villa package (three days, two nights) starts at only Bt12,000. Reservation must be made before August 31. For more info, visit https://www.celesresorts.com

gkdh5k9f8kf6i6jei5ckb.jpg

For further information about promotions in Surat Thani, contact TAT Surat Thani office on tel: 0 7728 8817-8.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30393379

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-23

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

promotion will offer Bt600 room discount for the first 300 rooms reserved at participating hotels

Koh Samui, which normally welcomes around 400,000 visitors per year,” she added.

I'm no great mathematician but that works out at 33,333 visitors a month, which puts the chances of you actually getting this discount at over 100/1 ! Not exactly what I would call a promotion - more  like a raffle 

• Like 1

Best thing they can do is launch themselves into space with their stupid ideas !

The place is dead tourist wise. I have friends in samui who own some of the popular bars in bophut and chaweng and have been there over 20 years running them and they are just staying open by skin of their teeth with the few customers they get. My wife and most of her friends were working before in hotels , bars and shops and now most have left and went back home as their workplace is closed permanently or until Christmas. My wife has tried to get a job for the last 3 months but none unless she wants to work 60 hrs a week for 4-7000bht a month as places are paying people half salary etc until it’s busy and even these jobs are slim on the ground.

The place will remain dead until international flights resume with either minimal quarantine or none at all !

Also how does the hotel have 200m of private beachfront ? Pretty sure there can be no such thing in Thailand as the king and the navy own it and it is free to all the people of Thailand to use . 

Edited by ronaldo0

21 hours ago, petermik said:

600 baht discount for the first 300 rooms :whistling:.....another brainf*rt from TAT....:sorry:

Which no doubt will be tacked onto something else to make up the difference... 

and I thought the "beach" belonged to the crown... so how can a hotel boast 200 metres of private beach?

19 hours ago, allane said:

Samui has a discount card for locals. That means they are overcharging everyone. else. If they want me to visit, they have to eliminate that.

That is news to me but then I have only lived here for 20 years. Do you know where I can get one please?

Some restaurants offer residents a discount on food (not alcohol) but this is to encourage locals to visit in low season.