Governments 40% off travel scheme

Orton Rd

Seems to work well, just have to have a Thai with a bank account and you can be off, but has to be to another province. You get 1000 baht towards an airfare and 40% off hotel rooms as well as food and drink up to a max of 600 baht in the week and 900 Fri to Sun. No cash changes hand it's all done on an app that you load up the wallet on then pay from there minus the 40%.

So far we did 4 days out of a possible 5 allowed before the end of Oct. We did 4 nights at the 5 star Chatrium Riverside in Bkk and including 4 evening meals with wine it came to 6850 baht with the discount, great deal. Have one night left somewhere. Restaurants outside of hotels are meant to have signed up for it but so far not found any. Only people at the swimming pool every day!

chat.jpg

Edited by Orton Rd

Hi Orton,

I live in Khon kaen with my Thai girlfriend. We are going to have a 2 to 3 week holiday in Phuket. As of now I have only booked the air Asia flight Khon Kaen to Phuket Airport on the 9 Sept.

I intend to hire a scooter at Phuket Airport then travel down the West side of the island and then up the East side, staying a night or two at places. I haven't booked any hotels or the flight back yet.

My girlfriend just tonight has registered with the Thai government 40% discount tourist discount.

I am confused, basically I really do not know how to take advantage of the 40% discount.

I asked my gf to look for hotels in Phuket ....... she came back with Rawai Palm Beach Resort is 1,199 to 1990 baht per night. She is not sure if we would pay that amount or 60% of that.

I had a look on Agoda and see that  Rawai Palm Beach Resort has been reduced from 14,000 per night to 770 baht per night. I know nobody would have ever paid 14,000 baht but that is what it says.

So I can book it for 770 baht plus the approximate 18% for service and tax so about 900 baht!

Can you please help me understand how I can take advantage of this 40% government discount?

Thanks 

Keith