Fight to save life of British man “battling unknown disease” in Phnom Penh

geovalin

Two UK citizens are desperately raising funds to try and save the life of their friend, who is reportedly fighting “for his life” against a mystery illness in a Phnom Penh hospital. Louis Doughty and Katie Holmes started the gofundme campaign to try and alleviate the situation of their friend Matthew Roberts, from the British town of Shrewsbury.

Mr Roberts first fell ill around a month ago, and since then has seen a rapid deterioration in his condition. According to Mr Doughty, who is currently also stranded in Phnom Penh, Mr Roberts is suffering from severe anaemia and stomach ulcers which have resulted in dangerously low haemoglobin levels. This has meant that his vital organs have become starved of oxygen.

In an interview with the Norwich Evening News, Mr Doughty says: “Matt is the nicest guy you could meet. We instantly clicked. He’s got a great sense of humour and a heart of gold.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50755982/fight-to-save-life-of-british-man-battling-unknown-disease-in-phnom-penh/

• Sad 3

I'm not a doctor. Stomach ulcers can be painful. I knew a girl who was always in the hospital with stomach ulcers. When I asked her what she takes as pain medication, it was an NSAID pain reliever. A quick check of side effects of NSAID pain relievers is: ULCERS. She was doing it to herself. The doctors never told her this critical info. When she stopped the NSAID's, the ulcers went away and never returned. Please be advised, many people still don't know this. Hope he can get home.

Edited by NotYourBusiness
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NotYourBusiness said:

I'm not a doctor. Stomach ulcers can be painful. I knew a girl who was always in the hospital with stomach ulcers. When I asked her what she takes as pain medication, it was an NSAID pain reliever. A quick check of side effects of NSAID pain relievers is: ULCERS. She was doing it to herself. The doctors never told her this critical info. When she stopped the NSAID's, the ulcers went away and never returned. Please be advised, many people still don't know this. Hope he can get home.

Unbelievable!!!