Changes...

transam

On 8/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, transam said:

I am not an elderly taxi driver in Ubon.....????....Do you ever get anything right...?

But at least I have owned English, German, Swedish, Japanese and American cars to have an opinion, how about you...?

So are you still looking for one that  lasts ?????????????

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

We build high speed train system in Thailand.

Without people  like George Stephenson you'd  still be on that buffalo........as  said, any fool can build it  but  not any fool can invent it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

What Thailand does not get is the mention it deserves sometimes as far as some of the other homegrown vehicles go .. so if you're in the market for a light half breeze block / half charabanc truck that max's out at 20 mph , can be repaired roadside with a stick and bottle opener and requires ear defenders to drive then the Etan could be just for you .. 

IMG_20200829_074026.jpg

They  LOOK GREAT  though, usually  driven by a moron but  look good.

On 8/26/2020 at 5:53 PM, Logosone said:

I totally agree, it would be good news if Peugot distribute their cars in Thailand more widely, Peugot make some fantastic cars.

Much better than most Toyota cars. But then pretty much every European car is better than a Toyota.

I guess that's why a European automaker is the largest car company in the world...not Toyota.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I guess that's why a European automaker is the largest car company in the world...not Toyota.

Phew I can breath easy again .....................aggggggggggggh no wait dieselgate!!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, bodga said:

well its  still running on the same 1970's platform????

That's because of Thailand messing things up with what trucks they allow to be sold in the Backward country, unless you have big bucks. 

The Isuzu 1.9 biturbo you can't  get here,  salespersons do even know it exists.

One of the best pick trucks made is Honda but you can't get in Thailand because of Thailand. 

3 hours ago, transam said:

Here's one for Yinn, which with her Thai motoring knowledge will answer in no time...

Look on the back of a new 100 baht note and tell me about the car printed on it.....

Time starts NOW................????

this looks more and more like a lovers quarrel 555

I had to check to see what forum we are posting in, for anyone that has forgotten here it is again:

Thailand Motor Forum

So one assumes the topic 'changes' is about the car industry...

So if you want your post to remain up stay on topic please.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

On 8/26/2020 at 3:15 PM, transam said:

I am not an elderly taxi driver in Ubon.....????....Do you ever get anything right...?

But at least I have owned English, German, Swedish, Japanese and American cars to have an opinion, how about you...?

Well ... Why not give your counter opinion then ?

12 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

How much do you think factory workers earn? I million baht per month?

Low paid, taking advantage of by the Japanese because NO ONE is stupid enough to work for that low salary.

You think people working at Toyota in Japan get paid the same as Thai people working for Toyota in Thailand?

Have a good laugh on that one.

It's not your fault the rest of the world takes advantage of people willing to work for next to nothing.

It is just Thailand.

How much does the pay in each county really matter ?  Would you rather be a middle manager or a factory worker in Japan (automotive) or in Thailand ?  Who do you think have the best 'quality of life'  (yes we can all discuss how to value that)  .. Or who are the happiest ?

Not everything that
counts can be counted
and not everything that's
counted truly counts

Albert E ..

4 hours ago, bodga said:

What is  this "internet" thing? can I catch fish in it? Im gonna fire up my Trusty  Amstrad 1512 or Sinclair ZX Spectrum and then hop on my Sinclair  C5 and pop to the shops, YES  YINN 40 years ago we had electric vehicles in the UK, and before that I had a job as  a  kid on a  Milk  Float which was electrically powered  too..............way back when dinosauruseses were around. 

Was the milk float made by SEV  or YEV ?

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That's because of Thailand messing things up with what trucks they allow to be sold in the Backward country, unless you have big bucks. 

The Isuzu 1.9 biturbo you can't  get here,  salespersons do even know it exists.

One of the best pick trucks made is Honda but you can't get in Thailand because of Thailand. 

Yaeh I wish theyd  sell the Ridgeline here too

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 11:37 AM, rumak said:

but not so for corpus pocus ...... after being blocked so often he changes his avatar .  

still the same though.......................

If you mean SNX and CC being the same then that can’t be the case as there is an overlap of activity with the two so that would clearly have been against forum rules. 

Therefore I think you must be mistaken Rumak.  

Back on topic.........anyone got any experience of the larger MG’s. ZS or GS Gotta say i am tempted looking at the price and they do seem to gaining popularity with more dealers popping up. I’m aware they depreciate like hell. 

Appreciate they are no longer British and Chinese built. 

Buckets?

Edited by Kadilo

On 8/27/2020 at 9:23 PM, bwpage3 said:

There is NO ONE stupid enough in JAPAN to work for 6,000 thb per month except Thai people.

No Auto Workers in Thailand are stupid enough to work for Bt.6,000 a month either...... why would they, thats below minimum wage.

• Like 1