Hotel body demands govt reopen the country to foreigners

webfact

1 minute ago, tomauasia said:

Yes Prayut and team of no hope no future army ministers and there long running anti white policy is at boiling point. COVID LOL. Bad luck life must go on. And why are you praising dirty China.. it's time for a election.  Get out 

Your life must be intolerable with such unachievable expectations.

4 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Instead of charging for the isolation and insurance and flights and testing. 

Maybe they should consider offering some incentives for tourists and others to return..

They Want to take 3 weeks off you, plus say 60,000 baht upwards, plus stick you on a repatriation flight with untested locals at a premium price too. 

Other countries are offering discount or subsidised accommodation and no restrictions. 

They really do deserve to go broke, and have nobody coming.

Cash grabbing beaurocratic stupidity. 

Exactly, for example free covid tests for incoming passengers, just like Germany does.

Also home quarantine until you get the result.

• Like 2

The Junta don’t care... when will the Thai people wake up... sheeple .... I give up... Im out after many years... Thailand is a collapsed regime ... the uk announced 422 billion in lost tourism! Talk Radio stat, maybe million ... but hey still alot ... These clowns are in denial... October to December is going to be very rocky... maybe coup time again..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vangrop said:

If they want Reopen the country to foreigners: welcome and value them as any businessminded person should do with his customers.

We all know what this means:

-easen visa procedures

-eradicate scams

-safe roads

-correct pricing

-logic anti-corona regulations (ex if yr country issues a certificate, that will do it)

-a helping police force

-clean beaches

-ban pollution

-educated natives against racism (fe. a minister treating alliens as dirty people should be dismissed and sued)

-use a correct exchange rate policy

-this list is not exhaustive...

So this is not only about simply reopen. Its about a fundamental cahnge of mentality.

Hope brings life

This wont happen in my life time, its going to take generations before Thai mind set is changed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Stop the useless schemes, drop the prices to realistic ones and Thais would book them, but they won't pay the charges you "demand" for rooms.

Open the borders to international tourism and then what... wait for anyone who fancies doing a document treasure hunt to even board a plane, then endure 14 days in quarantine, then be tracked around the country, only to go home to possibly another 14 days quarantine?

Most Europeans only get 20- 25 working days holiday per year, do you think they're going to spend 28 of those in isolation... but you don't think of these things !

That's military mentality for you.

• Like 1

More pleading. Less bleeding.
More submarines, less Tangerines.
More protests, less civil unrest.

More funny quotes, less calculator pokes.
More assumptions. Less presumptions.
More decisions, less fruit ions.
More hope, less us not smoke more do..e

More frustration, less realization.
More ministers speak, less we believe every week.
overall, we drag our feet for the life we have made so hard to reap.
Bless all and sundry to the new life we live
That will kill you and I and that Thailand can Give...

xxxx

3 minutes ago, Raphus said:

More pleading. Less bleeding.
More submarines, less Tangerines.
More protest, less civil unrest.

More funny quotes, less calculator pokes.
More assumptions. Less presumptions.
More decisions, less fruitions.
More hope, lest us not smoke more do..e

More frustration, less realization.
More ministers speak, less we believe every week.
overall, we drag our feet, for the life we have made so hard to reap.
Bless all and sundry to the new life we live,
That will kill you and I, and all that Thailand can Give...

LOS xxxx

20 hours ago, Surelynot said:

What? Even caucasians? No way.

I say that.....but have witnessed three fights in as many nights on Sukhumvit.....all seriously drunk caucasians .....not sure I would want to welcome them back.

Yeah, because no Thai would ever do such a thing...

• Like 2

Demanding is a sign of desperation. Thailand has to get together for a realistic and safe way to slowly open up. Maybe first should investigate why such a low rate of reported infections in Thailand and bordering countries except Malaysia as surely there must be a good reason other than medical precautions. Quarantine is not the answer whilst this remains there will be no recovery in Tourism 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DLock said:

How has the Government destroyed your life?

Surely it is the COVID19 virus that destroyed your life (and millions of others) and Thai Government has done a pretty good job keeping you and your family safe...and you are not thankful?

The stench of ungratefulness is overwhelming on this forum.

Such a great job to let Chinese tourists into the country in January and February - restrictions were only implemented in mid-March.

What is the reason that Chinese did not spread the virus in Thailand (except the first case outside of China), but infected Italy?

Either there is a built in protection from similar viruses in the region (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia have even fewer cases and deaths) or just plain luck or lack of testing of asymptomatic carriers

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I’ve stayed in Udon Thani many times over the years and cannot think of one “resort” I would want to be couped up in for 2 weeks. In fact I’m pretty sure one doesnt even exist!

According to the concept you’ll be able to move around freely within a 1 km radius of the “resort” during the quarantine. If you booked near Central, you’d have most of downtown to roam around????

3 minutes ago, androokery said:

According to the concept you’ll be able to move around freely within a 1 km radius of the “resort” during the quarantine. If you booked near Central, you’d have most of downtown to roam around????

That’s not how I read it. 

The “resort” is describing the hotel complex where you have to stay inside for 2 weeks followed by another week where you can wander outside. They would have no control over anyone wandering around the beer bars etc in Udon. 

I hope you are right. 

Edited by Kadilo

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

so this association '  demands '   ....

Our PM Gen' Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is around second highest authoritarian within the kingdom and some hotel lobby lady say's demand  !  .......   lol  

I think she should go back in the kitchen and make a cup of tea. 

Job reassignment next week for her we hope. 

Capture.khunprayut1.PNG.a6d07d4cf600ab79cd6c05e8a352f30e.PNG

I think you should change your contact pic ...

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

That’s not how I read it. 

The “resort” is describing the hotel complex where you have to stay inside for 2 weeks followed by another week where you can wander outside. They would have no control over anyone wandering around the beer bars etc in Udon. 

I hope you are right. 

The Safe and Sealed proposition, as described regarding Phuket, would allow you to spend the first 15 nights within a 1 km radius of your hotel. Locals and employees of the hotel would have to stay there too.

In addition the entire island would be sealed off.

While it would be theoretically almost possible to seal off a place like Patong beach with its three major connecting roads (no, it isn’t because you could always get in and out using the trails or trek through the jungle), I do see some problems in sealing off parts of a place like Udon Thani.

So if Udon Thani ever gets a Safe and Sealed program, the details and rules may differ from those of Phuket. 

20 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

while the government worries are understood, given thailand limited resources to deal with

a serious outbreak, thailand must open the borders soon.

the initial lockdown was meant to allow time for the health industry and public to learn and organise

themselves for the new situation.

now that this goal has been achived, thailand , like the rest of the world, must leatn how to leave with this virus, and learn it fast. it is just impossible to let the virus take over our lives.

this virus is a very common corona virus, and the only way is to learn how to live besides it, not without it.

You do know that the numbers in cases and deaths in Thailand are ridiculously low compared to any country in Europe? We're taking about a country with ~69 million people. What's to be afraid about? There will of course be more cases if the borders opens up, but that's pretty normal. 

• Confused 1

Very difficult situation to manage along the fine line.

I can fully understand having billions of $ just sitting there chewing up capital & the poor staff without a job (I am involved in a business which has been affected to the tune of 77% downturn, forcing more capital input just to keep the door open),

but still not convinced that it it time to open the floodgates yet

46 minutes ago, connda said:

Wealthy people are starting to smart.  Not the super wealthy 0.01% who control the media and managed the sock puppets in government and who are enriching themselves from the economic 'new normal.'

Indeed! the 0.01% or less -"the committee" of 300, the Bilderbergs or ? -  whatever - they have gone full on with this agenda, screwing over those that thought they were part of the "elite" sure there have been a few surprises and a lot of backdoor deals done!

Going to be interesting to see how this transpires, sure those well paid social engineers at the Tavistock Institute have it well planned out, they usually do.