Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Was offered one for 79,000 on the road, all in, drive out an hour later.

Will think about it.

What about those pipes, how much and from where Red21?

As it's your one and only post, you could of at least spammed it up with some product links. :D

I found those photos while browsing through the Thai CBRs club board. According to what I could decipher, the Yoshimura can is from Red Baron. As for the XXD ones, the person who posted it hasn't said where they can be found and for how much. I think if anyone Googles hard enough they might find them up for grabs at some Thai online shop.

Here's another one...

snc00045.jpg

Custom made, I guess... the guy is saying it cost him around 2,800 baht. He's also putting in Ohlin forks and Brembo brakes on his bike.

Not sure if I can post links to other forums here, so just search for Thai CBRs Club on the net... eventually you'll find the site... which is in Thai.

JR motors has advertised something they call the Jrmotor Racing Box Honda Injection PGM-Fi (that's how Google translates it from Thai script anyways). Here's the description about it from the site:

Author boxes are now available to add horsepower + torque and fuel efficiency.

กล่องแต่ง Jrmotor Racing ใช้ได้กับรถจักรยานยนต์ฮอนด้า หัวฉีด PGM-Fi ทุกรุ่น Author Jrmotor Racing box available for motorcycles, Honda PGM-Fi injection every generation.

new-jrmotor.gifมาใหม่ล่าสุด สำหรับ ซีบีอาร์150อาร์ หัวฉีด CBR150R PGM-Fi To the latest CB R 150 R Injection CBR150R PGM-Fi. new-jrmotor.gif

PCX Airblade-i Click-i Wave110-i Wave125-i Scoopy-i PCX Airblade-i Click-i Wave110-i Wave125-i Scoopy-i.

รับประกัน เร่งดี มาเร็ว แรงตั้งแต่ต้น ยันปลาย แรงสุด ประหยัดสุด Guarantees fast acceleration forces from the beginning of good lean top end of a big saving.

รถเดิมๆ ไม่ทำเครื่องก็แรงได้ The old car do not force the machine is. เครื่องไม่พัง Machine does not crash.

รับประกันความพอใจ คืนเงินเต็ม 100 % ใน 10 วัน รับประกัน 6 เดือน Satisfaction Guaranteed 100% full refund in 10 days, 6 months warranty.

As for me, it is still around 30 days more to go until I can get my grubby hands on one and be creative (at least the green book will say 2011 rather than 2010). Not sure with changing the exhaust since aftermarket ones are pig magnets (especially if you're a foreigner), as they say, "If it ain't broken don't fix it."

First thing I'll probably want to do if I get mine is slap some custom decals on it. Anyone know a printer in Chiang Mai who does transparent vinyl printing?

I went to Niyom Panich last week to take a look at the CBR150R... looks almost the same size as an ER6n (as pointed out by my better half as we saw one parked outside). 77,500B on the price tag with free registration and 2 years insurance.

Edited by RED21

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit surprised that Honda couldnt at least pick up the performance stakes a little bit with this bike. Certainly looks sharp but now its even porkier :bah: .

I guess the performance replacement for the CBR150 is going to be the CBR250? too bad

Is the performance not better? From your experiance of driving the two?

hey folks

parting with my 2006 cbr150r..........17k good condition..............recently took a visa run from pattaya to cambo border, first time i was able to wind it out for long stretches. very good performance at high rpms.

would like to guage fair value now for this bike? whats a fair price?

thanks for your input

I'm a bit surprised that Honda couldnt at least pick up the performance stakes a little bit with this bike. Certainly looks sharp but now its even porkier :bah: .

I guess the performance replacement for the CBR150 is going to be the CBR250? too bad

Appropriate....don't know if you missed my earlier post, but I ran my new one against a 3 yr old one. He got me off the line because I wasn't actually expecting him to race, so he had a good 5-6 bike length head start on me. It didn't take long to catch him, pass him, and leave him well behind, having to stop and wait for him at the next light. If that's any indication, the new ones are definitely faster than the old ones.

And I've found the handling in city traffic to be nearly as good as the old one, with the exception of the wider body/mirrors, which does make it a little more difficult for going between cars. Other than that, not much difference at all. In MY opinion, the new one is much improved over the old one.

Especially from the back.. Looks much more solid..

I have to say tho... Why is the whole world so focused on RR look sportbike design.. Its a 150.. If they had a 'hornet' type upright version I would really consider it for a 'popping into town' type ride.. For me 150cc sport styling just seems a bit silly.

Especially from the back.. Looks much more solid..

I have to say tho... Why is the whole world so focused on RR look sportbike design.. Its a 150.. If they had a 'hornet' type upright version I would really consider it for a 'popping into town' type ride.. For me 150cc sport styling just seems a bit silly.

I agree with you 110% LivinLOS. Covering these little 150 and 250 singles in plastic is a bit silly. All about looks and nothing to do with function. I'd choose a naked or semi-naked hornet-style version over these fake race-replica looking faired bikes any day but, I'm guessing Honda did some marketing research and is supplying what most customers want? :rolleyes:

"Most customers" in much of the world are going to be young first purchasers for these bikes. They are designed to appeal to the dreams of those youngsters, who can imagine themselves riding the big iron. If brand loyalty results...

I agree with you 110% LivinLOS. Covering these little 150 and 250 singles in plastic is a bit silly. All about looks and nothing to do with function. I'd choose a naked or semi-naked hornet-style version over these fake race-replica looking faired bikes any day but, I'm guessing Honda did some marketing research and is supplying what most customers want? :rolleyes:

But 250cc twins are ok to be wrapped in plastic? While the peak HP looks like it's going to be higher; the overall spread of torque appears to be less. How does that make, say a Ninja 250R, a good canidate for a sports fairing and the CBR 250R not?

Does enyone know if they check or adjust the valves on the 1000km service on Cbr150r?

On my Cbr 1000rr the first valve check was much later, but on my Yamaha Wr450 the manual says 5 hours or 500km for the valve check.

Why i ask is because i have drive about 200km with the Cbr150 and can start hear a little clapping sound from the valves??

And one question more, have anyone of you with the new Cbr150 hear a high frequent sound from the PGI?

I got the manual here in front of me. Checking the valves is scheduled for "every 24,000 km" and not scheduled for the 1000 km service. Having said that, they wouldn't do it unless you told them to. As an earlier poster said, most garages will do nothing more than an oil change unless specifically instructed.

Ok thanks!

I didn’t understand a Word in that manual lol.

I hope to find one in English one day.

2400 km is the same schedule as my manual on the bigger blade says too.

I guess I should stop listening to much on the engine and just except the small sounds.

Just let them change oil on the 1000km service and be happy.

Does enyone know if they check or adjust the valves on the 1000km service on Cbr150r?

On my Cbr 1000rr the first valve check was much later, but on my Yamaha Wr450 the manual says 5 hours or 500km for the valve check.

Why i ask is because i have drive about 200km with the Cbr150 and can start hear a little clapping sound from the valves??

And one question more, have anyone of you with the new Cbr150 hear a high frequent sound from the PGI?

I got the manual here in front of me. Checking the valves is scheduled for "every 24,000 km" and not scheduled for the 1000 km service. Having said that, they wouldn't do it unless you told them to. As an earlier poster said, most garages will do nothing more than an oil change unless specifically instructed.

Ok thanks!

I didn’t understand a Word in that manual lol.

I hope to find one in English one day.

2400 km is the same schedule as my manual on the bigger blade says too.

I guess I should stop listening to much on the engine and just except the small sounds.

Just let them change oil on the 1000km service and be happy.

However upon further inspection :unsure::blink:

The manual states clearly valves are to be checked every 24,000 kms but the warranty booklet states very clearly valves are to be checked at every service, that is every 4,000 kms and at the 1,000 km service. So, the 2 Honda produced official service timetables directly contradict each other. Make of it what you will.

P.S. Does anyone else think the back brakes are lame? I love the bike though.

P.S. Does anyone else think the back brakes are lame? I love the bike though.

Is that the new model CBR 150? the brakes are fine on the older version, they lock up when you want, or they can be subtle.

About 3 days after getting mine, I took it to the dealer and had them adjust the rear brake, as it seemed a little "lame" as you put it. Now they're fine.

I'm sorry, do I have to spell it out for you do I?

Clearly I'm talking about paper figures & what information Honda has offered up regarding the bike.....Of course in my experience, spell out a fair bit of info about any given bike. No doubt there is some difference that comes into play once one considers how a bike handles, brakes, its gearing and so forth, but a 19hp bike at 130 something kilograms, is hardly going to set the world on fire regarding engine performance compared to its predessor, is it?

Appropriate....don't know if you missed my earlier post, but I ran my new one against a 3 yr old one. He got me off the line because I wasn't actually expecting him to race, so he had a good 5-6 bike length head start on me. It didn't take long to catch him, pass him, and leave him well behind, having to stop and wait for him at the next light. If that's any indication, the new ones are definitely faster than the old ones.

That one is just about as full of as many holes as my one liner. Surely you realise all the variables in what you are talking about regarding that other bike and other rider?

Does he have to spell it out to you what 'If that's any indication' means? :rolleyes:

Went along to buy one today anyway, all prebooked, wanted to ride out, or pick it up by Tuesday anyway. One dealer with 2, another with 3, all reserved. Some more coming in the next week or two. Hope they come quick. What a week to wait on one, 2 bloody public holidays. :angry:

So if anybody knows a BKK dealership that still has them available to buy, I'm muchly appreciate it.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Does he have to spell it out to you what 'If that's any indication' means? :rolleyes:

Went along to buy one today anyway, all prebooked, wanted to ride out, or pick it up by Tuesday anyway. One dealer with 2, another with 3, all reserved. Some more coming in the next week or two. Hope they come quick. What a week to wait on one, 2 bloody public holidays. :angry:

So if anybody knows a BKK dealership that still has them available to buy, I'm muchly appreciate it.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Last week at my local dealer they still had 3 aviable, not sure about now. Intersection Theparak - Sinakarin RD coming from Sinakarin turn left, take 2nd u turn on the left side next to big condo "Rinrada"

For all the "naysayers", it would appear that Honda Marketing/Research had the right idea after all. They can't seem to get them in the dealerships fast enough. While I've yet to see another one here in Chiang Mai, I know the Honda Showroom here has sold 3 red ones, and my tri-color, and have others on order. It would seem the bike is a definite hit in Thailand, and I would suspect in other countries as well.

What I find somewhat amusing is that most of the attention on my tri-color has been from the loan sharks, who really seem to like it, and can't wait to sell their old models and get a new one.

Personally, and this is only my opinion, and not supported by "scientific fact", the new model is much better than the old one, in both style/design and performance. I had the last model of the old style sold, and loved it, with the exception of the three things I've mentioned before - 1) Headlight sucked; 2) Tires were too hard; 3) Over 110kph and it just didn't feel stable. They definitely improved the headlight, and while the tires are ok, I'll probably switch to Dunlap or Michelin simply because they are better on wet roads, and even at 130 the bike feels very stable.

I doubt if anyone who has had the old model will be disappointed in the least with the new one.

For all the "naysayers", it would appear that Honda Marketing/Research had the right idea after all. They can't seem to get them in the dealerships fast enough. While I've yet to see another one here in Chiang Mai, I know the Honda Showroom here has sold 3 red ones, and my tri-color, and have others on order. It would seem the bike is a definite hit in Thailand, and I would suspect in other countries as well.

What I find somewhat amusing is that most of the attention on my tri-color has been from the loan sharks, who really seem to like it, and can't wait to sell their old models and get a new one.

Personally, and this is only my opinion, and not supported by "scientific fact", the new model is much better than the old one, in both style/design and performance. I had the last model of the old style sold, and loved it, with the exception of the three things I've mentioned before - 1) Headlight sucked; 2) Tires were too hard; 3) Over 110kph and it just didn't feel stable. They definitely improved the headlight, and while the tires are ok, I'll probably switch to Dunlap or Michelin simply because they are better on wet roads, and even at 130 the bike feels very stable.

I doubt if anyone who has had the old model will be disappointed in the least with the new one.

I agree. The colors and basic design and look of both bikes is very compelling. I'm also wondering if the horsepower figures for the 150 on Indian web sites are accurate. That would be 19.5 horsepower compared to the old model's 17. If so that would make up for the significant weight increase of the new model over the old and the performance decrease that would be accounted for the larger tires. Also at least one very experienced motorcyclist has claimed that he never had so much fun as he had on a Honda 175. Realistically the driving conditions here in Thailand are vastly different from what they are in Western countries so the old adage that speed kills is even more appropriate here. One must be forever mindful of the fact that here there are no penalties for shitty driving. And if it's thrills and chills one wants just try taking a Nouvo, Airblade or PCX down Pattaya's Beach Road or 2nd Road at say 80 kmph. I'd say the feeling is roughly comparable to that of skydiving except for the fact that skydiving is about a hundred times safer. And all three bikes I just mentioned will get to 80 kilometers per hour pretty fast.

Edited by jackcorbett

Here i phuket i have started seeing some other ones, saw 3 (2 red 1 tri-color) within 5 minutes yesterday=)

I'm just hoping the new clutch cable / lever, and shifter came in from BKK yesterday afternoon so I can get mine back tomorrow. Wife says government offices will be closed, but everything else is open. So let's see....Buy on a Monday, wreak the following Monday, get it back on the next Monday. Ok, that works.

Well, not really. Could have done without the wreak but.......

:whistling:

Edited by Just1Voice

Hi guys,

To owners of the new 150, is the new tank will fit into the old model? would love the extra mileage the new tank offers. Thanks

Hummm, interesting question. You would have to measure the dimensions of the new one to see if it would fit, but I think (only my opinion as I haven't actually measured) that the new one would be too wide for the old model. But I could be wrong. What you could do is check around in some of the local shops and see if they have a larger one that will fit. Or maybe custom make one for you. Shouldn't cost that much.

WHOOPEEEE! :partytime2:

I got my new 150 back today. Despite the fact that my wife told them to only fix/replace the clutch cable/lever and foot shifter lever, they replaced EVERYTHING that had even a small scratch on it. New red front, new white faring on right side, new muffler cover, along with the clutch cable/lever and foot shifter. Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor, and cost about half of what I thought it would be.

:clap2:

Edited by Just1Voice