Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone recommend a seat upholsterer for the CBR 150 in Bangkok. The guy at Faddybike recommended a shop in Sutisarn called dek naa tong (i think that was it) but he couldn't remember where it was exactly, anyone heard of it or know any others?

so, I have never driven anything but scooters which I take around all the time, but I am interested in ownign my first bike, whether scooter or a bike like the CBR. I owned a manual car in the past, but how steep is the learning curve? Would I likely be able to drive a CBR off the lot?

I will ask in the CM forums as well, but any reliable place to buy a CBR in Chiang Mai?

The big dealers are Niyom Panich, Sacha Panich, and the one between Prince Royal and McCormick Hospital.

The gear pattern is different - down for first, up for neutral-2-3-4-5-6.

Would I likely be able to drive a CBR off the lot?

No. And it's not fair to 'learn' while putting the other drivers at risk.

Sure you 'might' be able to pull it off.

Statistically, about 90% or more bike accidents are new drivers - meaning the first few days of driving a bike.

And most of these are first-time drivers (I read this - it's not just an opinion).

Why would you not care enough (about others at least) to learn in an empty parking lot first ?

Everyone on the road is counting on each other to know what they're doing - what if you shift down instead of up, or pull the clutch instead of the front brake?

These are the kinds of reasons for those statistics.

Cheers mate.

it's not as gloomy as he says....

just memerize these things and play shift in the back of the shop, or even before you buy the bike....just sit down and do all the hand/foot actions until they are embedded in your head.

1. The clutch can be your friend, enemy, or a bitch.

1A.The clutch is your enemy - if you pull the clutch when going for the front brake and not give it gas, you will actually speed up, because there is no more engine braking. (only a beginners enemy)...it will indeed freak you out if your going for the brake, but things start speeding up instead.

1B. The clutch is your friend, if your RPM's are low and about to stall it, the clutch will bring the revs back up because there is no engine braking to slow the revs down when idling.

1C. The clutch is a bitch if you release it too fast you will stalll out. Always release the clutch slowly coming out of 1st gear when first learning, after your moving you can then squeeze and release as fast as you want to...but get moving first. Take it easy on the throttle.

Just remember:

2.left hand clutch

2.left hand clutch

2.left hand clutch

2.left hand clutch

2.left hand clutch

3.Right foot brake

3.Right foot brake

3.Right foot brake

3.Right foot brake

3.Right foot brake

Remembering these 2 things will keep you alive.

Practice your wrist action buy:

Twisting down with your left wrist

and

Twisting up with your right wrist

Thats all the action you need to know...gears are self explanatory.

Just to amend the above list

3. Right HAND brake

must of the braking should be done with the front brake (operated by the lever on right side of handlebar). If you only use the foot brake (rear wheel) you could lose control of the bike in a hard stop.

The CBR150 is a great bike to learn on, just keep your eyes on the move always looking ahead and checking your mirrors to see any potential problems before they happen. And wear a decent helmet, jacket and pants! Or at least a helmet and steel-capped sandals :)

To anyone looking for a new CBR and cant find in a showroom....

The main Honda Dealer in Rayong has 3 new ones (one of each colour) at 64500 on the road.

Also a blue (15000km ) and a black one (18000km) on show. Both look very tidy and clean no dings that I saw from a quick look.

you really don't want someone who's new on a bike to use alot of front braking on a wet road or loose sand..heck ive been riding for more than 15 years and make it a point to avoid too much front brake in both those situations.

Edited by Powerband

you really don't want someone who's new on a bike to use alot of front braking on a wet road or loose sand..heck ive been riding for more than 15 years and make it a point to avoid too much front brake in both those situations.

Isnt that part of the learning curve. Practice and learn on many surfaces, where its safe to do so.

Part of the learning curve is to be able to drive within your limits of experience.....meaning speed and where u drive.

I know that when I first got om my CBR 4 years ago I wouldnt dare doing what I do now!! But I believe (maybe mistakenly, but i dont think so) That I am safer on the bike riding like I do now, than 4 years ago.

I also try and read as much into other drivers intentions and possible manourves as possible......But that doesnt account for the other drivers stupidity!! doing what u least expect!! :)

Isnt that part of the learning curve. Practice and learn on many surfaces, where its safe to do so.

Part of the learning curve is to be able to drive within your limits of experience.....meaning speed and where u drive.

I know that when I first got om my CBR 4 years ago I wouldnt dare doing what I do now!! But I believe (maybe mistakenly, but i dont think so) That I am safer on the bike riding like I do now, than 4 years ago.

I also try and read as much into other drivers intentions and possible manourves as possible......But that doesnt account for the other drivers stupidity!! doing what u least expect!! :)

uh..I keep getting email telling me there's new posts on the "CBR150" forum - we don't need to tell each other how to ride in this forum!

Jbeck. At least Powerband and tachi gave some constructive advice. If you dont like getting the emails turn off the email alert.

The Cbr150 is a learner style bike in as much as it may be the 1st clutched bike they have ridden, so if people ask for advice its good that more experienced riders give that advice.

Jbeck. At least Powerband and tachi gave some constructive advice. If you dont like getting the emails turn off the email alert.

The Cbr150 is a learner style bike in as much as it may be the 1st clutched bike they have ridden, so if people ask for advice its good that more experienced riders give that advice.

Hey Thaicbr, Thanks for the idea, but I don't want to turn off email alerts.

And I believe the CBR forum is for CBR stuff. Sure there's a gray area.

But learning how to ride a bike?

Anyway he only asked if he could hop on and ride it home, he didn't ask for advice.

"At Least" I specifically answered his question so I guess you could say I did give constructive advice also.

Anyway, not important. Thaivisa is full of threads that stray off topic rather quickly.

I though this was one of those times. . .

Cheers mate.

Does we have any more options on spare parts then this 2 shops here in BKK

http://www.faddybike.com/static/cbr150.htm

http://aseanmoto.com/

-

At the moment iam looing for a set of Aluminum alloy pedle set.

And this 2 shops are insane expanse on them..., 3500++ THB . . ,

Maybe the Sonic Aluminum alloy pedle set are the same? .,

Most going to get this pedle set cheaper? ., Any idé...

-

And i still have my NMF Carbon exhaust system for sale ., almost new .. 3000 THB . ,, its loud but its very good looking.

Does we have any more options on spare parts then this 2 shops here in BKK

http://www.faddybike.com/static/cbr150.htm

http://aseanmoto.com/

-

At the moment iam looing for a set of Aluminum alloy pedle set.

And this 2 shops are insane expanse on them..., 3500++ THB . . ,

Maybe the Sonic Aluminum alloy pedle set are the same? .,

Most going to get this pedle set cheaper? ., Any idé...

-

And i still have my NMF Carbon exhaust system for sale ., almost new .. 3000 THB . ,, its loud but its very good looking.

I've avoided saying this for a long time, but I've had 'problems' with Asean moto.

Including waiting for months for parts, and not being refunded 2000 baht when the they sent me the wrong rearsets for my bike.

Buyer beware.

Akunar.com is an alternative.

I too am interested if there are more than these three, especially if they speak English.

I know in BKK there is some big market for bikes that supposedly has all kinds of things for CBR150s as well. Anybody been there?

Nope, never heard of it. Would like to though.

it's called poonsub - a 40 minute taxi ride from sukhumvit skytrain station

mostly stuff for fino, mio, sonic, click

a lot of dress up parts, some engine parts...

only a little English spoken

probably hundreds of shops,,,even salvage parts and newly painted sets of bodywork.

I went there looking for Airblade and Raider parts and could not find any....

I did not see any shop specializing in CBR 150 stuff but that doesn't mean it wasn't there..I would bring a thai person with me if I went again.

A taxi driver told me it was in Prathumthani, that is also what I heard from a place a called in a magazine. Same name though Talad Poong SaP

I've avoided saying this for a long time, but I've had 'problems' with Asean moto.

Including waiting for months for parts, and not being refunded 2000 baht when the they sent me the wrong rearsets for my bike

Am having that very problem right now.

Ordered an exhaust system and when I called he said " yeah its done, but its red" <deleted>? A red carbon fiber exhaust.

No thank you sir, my bike is black and silver please get me the one that is in the pic on your website. A month later now and he says he's waiting for a call from the company when they get new stock of carbon fiber.

What a headache, one that I have already paid for..

Including waiting for months for parts, and not being refunded 2000 baht when the they sent me the wrong rearsets for my bike

Ordered an exhaust system and when I called he said " yeah its done, but its red" <deleted>? A red carbon fiber exhaust.

No thank you sir, my bike is black and silver please get me the one that is in the pic on your website. A month later now and he says he's waiting for a call from the company when they get new stock of carbon fiber.

yeah I waited about 3 months for (and never got) a rear sprocket...all kinds of "just one more week" promises. Waiting for factory. Of course you have to pay first.

Ordered a Suzuki Raider rearsets and got (I think) a cbr one...returned it, NEVER got a refund, 2000 baht, begged for 3+ months and gave up.

My biggest expense, a complete engine kit for 26,000 baht - I had to bite my nails for 3 months after being promised 2 weeks. Finally got it.

However, some other stuff I did get...rather reasonably compared to the above.

So sometimes buying used stuff isn't that bad if you don't have to deal with this....

I sent them an email last week and haven't got a reply. Think I'll try elsewhere for what I wanted. Have bought a couple of things from Faddybike and was happy with them.

So anyone know where I can get a 47T sproket? Faddybike doesn't have that size listed though I could try a 14T front sproket instead. And again anyone know of a seat upholsterer in BKK that's good?

Thanks

So sometimes buying used stuff isn't that bad if you don't have to deal with this....

The used NMF exhaust is the first thing I saw used for sale. Wouldnt mind buying it if I knew about it. I did get a really really good deal on my bike so dont mind buying new stuff, just hope that the stuff i paid for eventually does come.

:) java script:add_smilie(":D","smid_17")

So anyone know where I can get a 47T sproket?

My local bike shop, quite a big busy one, says than can order it no problem, dont have to pay ahead either.

which shop is that? Do you have to speak Thai? But remember, nothing is ever a problem here :)

Cheers.

The shop across from G3 bike shop if you know it. It's just before the bridge heading to the super highway before Kaeo Nawarat rd. on the left hand side. Took my small bikes there for ages and the guy always was good to me. Dont think you have to speak Thai but it couldn't hurt

The used NMF exhaust is the first thing I saw used for sale. Wouldnt mind buying it if I knew about it. I did get a really really good deal on my bike so dont mind buying new stuff, just hope that the stuff i paid for eventually does come.

:) java script:add_smilie(":D","smid_17")

To bad u dident buy my NMF Carbon system then :/

we don't need to tell each other how to ride in this forum

Yeah, especially if you are going to be giving this kind of advice....

must of the braking should be done with the front brake

Trying to get somebody killed?

Considering that about 70% of your stopping power comes from your FRONT brake I'd say ignoring it and telling a newbie to ride just the rear brake will indeed get someone killed. :)

Can any one link me to any one that sales the bigger downpipe for the original muffler. . , Faddys version is far to expensive....,,

Trying to look on mocyc.com but dont find :/

I bought one from there a week ago it was 1500 Baht. I think they've changed their supplier.