Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's usually an indication that you haven't done it.

Did you just call me 'unpleasant' ? :D

Spend more time riding your bike, not dave.

Thoroughly enjoyed your posts, chaps. This last one made me laugh. Great stuff! Even made me forget about the election results, if only for a little while... Cheers.

P.S. I love my CBR150,her (his?) name is "Ceeby."

I should be getting a black one in the next week or so, but i have a couple of questions.

The Honda showroom where I'm getting it said they sell insurance for about 1600B for 1 year and 2600B for 2 years. My Thai isn't great regarding insurance terms etc but the general gist I got was, this would cover me for theft but not accidents. Does this sound about right?

If it is right, can you guys recommend somewhere I can get accident/theft insurance.

Also, I must say I love the look of the bike but I think the exhaust will have to go. Where's a good place to go? I live around the Ekamai Bangkok area.

What's the going price for a new 150i? I know the RRP is 78k. I was in at Mityon South Pattaya and they wanted 84k. They have a 2nd hand silver CBR250 (standard) with 8,000kms and wanted 100k! :rolleyes: I had trouble not to laugh out loud!

Was thinking of getting a 250, but now thinking that the CBR150i is more suitable for my use.

Most dealers seem to be selling the 150 for between 80 and 84k. We sell them here for 80k here at Sumet. We haven't been getting many lately though.

Thanks for the replies.

Brian, you haven't been getting many due to low demand or no stock available due to high demand?

BTW Brian what is the cost for insurance for the CBR150i; 1st, 2nd and 3rd? I am really only interested in a policy with good bail bond and 3rd party property. Not that i am a lousy rider, it is all the other idiots on the road running into me that i am worried about! :lol:

I bought my tri-color at Niyom Panich in Chiang Mai. List price was 84k. This was back in December. They knocked off 2k for "preferred customer" due to the fact that in the prior 2 1/2 yrs I'd bought a new Air Blade, Scoopy, and last of the old model 150's. Then, since they didn't have the matching full face helmet in yet, they knocked off another 1k. My wife handled everything, including the insurance, which was 2yrs 1st class for theft and accident (on me). Overall, I can't complain.

As for the bike itself? I just finished another run. Chiang Mai > Phitsanuloc yesterday, back home today, and every time I do, it's just more and more fun.

:partytime2:

Had mine as a late Christmas present this January, paid 74K for it. Ordered way back in November.

Thanks, Red. After reading your post, I thought, "hey, we bought at the same place. why the difference in price?" I went and dug out the paperwork, and it was 74k, not the 84k i put in the last post. Typo or brain fart, take your pick. lol

Oh, interesting side note. On the way back from Phitsanuloc today I'm tooling along at 125kph and get passed by a carb version, 2 up loan sharks. Don't know what they did to that bike, but whatever it was, after passing me, it continued to pull away, even when I went up to 135. Strictly stock, it definitely was not.

Cammed, stroked and bored. Since it was 2 up it was probably CDi'd and Npro carbed too.

My old bike was all of the above and would touch 160.... Guy i sold it too wont sell it back :(

Thinking of doing another one, but this time with a stage 3 cam and 32mm carb bored to 34mm.

Saw this carb version advertised; great looking mod. Though if i was going bush-bashing i'd try to re-route the exhaust pipe.

post-70604-0-91573200-1310208822_thumb.j

hey that actually looks kinda cool !

Ok, to answer my own question it is actually 2.50" front and 3.50". (100/80-17 & 130/70-17 tyres are standard)

I was thinking of squeezing a 110/70 on the front but think it might deform the tread; what do ya reckon?

The Ninja250 guys have rims F:2.75" R:3.50" and use the 110/70 front and 150/60 rear. Would be nice to have the same but don't want to make the bike twitchy. I'm thinking maybe the Pirelli Sport Demons 100/80-17 and 140-17 would be the go. Anyone tried them and found a good improvement over the stock tyres?

How much are the PSD's for the 100/140s?

Last time i checked the Sports Demons were:

100/80-17 THB 2,400

110/70-17 THB 2,300

130/70-17 THB 2,800

140/70-17 THB 3,100

prices could have changed. Waiting to here back from Charlie at Competizioni Moto. She did mention a tyre called Sports Dragon but i couldn't find any info about them, seems to be a new product and they don't have stock yet.

Has anyone put 110/70 and 150/60 tyres on their CBR150i?

Edited by taichiplanet

How much are the PSD's for the 100/140s?

Last time i checked the Sports Demons were:

100/80-17 THB 2,400

110/70-17 THB 2,300

130/70-17 THB 2,800

140/70-17 THB 3,100

prices could have changed. Waiting to here back from Charlie at Competizioni Moto. She did mention a tyre called Sports Dragon but i couldn't find any info about them, seems to be a new product and they don't have stock yet.

Has anyone put 110/70 and 150/60 tyres on their CBR150i?

i have 110/70-17 and 130/70-17 on my old cbr150

img2449i.jpg

img2464a.jpg

I actually put Pirelli Sport Demons on today. 100/80-17 and 130/80-17

ill post some pics later.

Sweet. Would be great to get your comparison of them to the old tyres, once you've broken them in.

When i had the old carb CBR150 I put a set of Michelin Pilot Sporty on it, and it was a different bike.

Hili, the bigger rims and wires look great.

Edited by taichiplanet

Sweet. Would be great to get your comparison of them to the old tyres, once you've broken them in.

When i had the old carb CBR150 I put a set of Michelin Pilot Sporty on it, and it was a different bike.

yeh give us a few days and ill let you know

Just heard back from Charlie at Pirelli. She reckons the 150/60 rear is not suitable for the CBR150 and recommends a 110/70 & 140/70 combo. Though i would guess the 100/80 front might be a bit more stable, but i don't really know so maybe with someone with more knowledge can advise.

The other Pirelli tyre which is more sport orientated is the Diablo Rosso II but Charlie said no stock for 2-3 months.

Pirelli Diablo Rosso II

110/70-17: 4,000

140/70-17: no price yet (the 150/60-17 is 5,100)

An extra 3,500 over the Sport Demons, but i'd be tempted for the extra grip.

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/motorcycle/sheet/diablo_rosso_2.tab?tab=1

http://www.tyrepress.com/News/1/18/21084.html

JR motors has advertised something they call the Jrmotor Racing Box Honda Injection PGM-Fi (that's how Google translates it from Thai script anyways). Here's the description about it from the site:

Author boxes are now available to add horsepower + torque and fuel efficiency.

กล่องแต่ง Jrmotor Racing ใช้ได้กับรถจักรยานยนต์ฮอนด้า หัวฉีด PGM-Fi ทุกรุ่น Author Jrmotor Racing box available for motorcycles, Honda PGM-Fi injection every generation.

new-jrmotor.gifมาใหม่ล่าสุด สำหรับ ซีบีอาร์150อาร์ หัวฉีด CBR150R PGM-Fi To the latest CB R 150 R Injection CBR150R PGM-Fi. new-jrmotor.gif

PCX Airblade-i Click-i Wave110-i Wave125-i Scoopy-i PCX Airblade-i Click-i Wave110-i Wave125-i Scoopy-i.

รับประกัน เร่งดี มาเร็ว แรงตั้งแต่ต้น ยันปลาย แรงสุด ประหยัดสุด Guarantees fast acceleration forces from the beginning of good lean top end of a big saving.

รถเดิมๆ ไม่ทำเครื่องก็แรงได้ The old car do not force the machine is. เครื่องไม่พัง Machine does not crash.

รับประกันความพอใจ คืนเงินเต็ม 100 % ใน 10 วัน รับประกัน 6 เดือน Satisfaction Guaranteed 100% full refund in 10 days, 6 months warranty.

As for me, it is still around 30 days more to go until I can get my grubby hands on one and be creative (at least the green book will say 2011 rather than 2010). Not sure with changing the exhaust since aftermarket ones are pig magnets (especially if you're a foreigner), as they say, "If it ain't broken don't fix it."

First thing I'll probably want to do if I get mine is slap some custom decals on it. Anyone know a printer in Chiang Mai who does transparent vinyl printing?

I went to Niyom Panich last week to take a look at the CBR150R... looks almost the same size as an ER6n (as pointed out by my better half as we saw one parked outside). 77,500B on the price tag with free registration and 2 years insurance.

JRMOTOR BOX:

I spoke with PREEDA Chiangmai, showed them the web page for the ECM, they said they would order it but it was no good.

thay said a PCX customer tried one and it didn't help

also said you ADD it , it doesn't replace the existing ECU/ECM.

They could be mistaken, they could be right. It's a 1200 baht gamble.I've decided no.

ECU GENERAL COMMENT:

I've also been told by a very knowledgeable source (ex-honda engineer) that until a ECU that provides a richer mixture is available, any other performance mod will be a waste of time/money.

There's simply not enough fuel!

If anyone tries any ECU/ECM/CDI, jrmotor or other brand, PLEASE Post in a new thread to make it obvious, as thing get lost in this huge thread, too big for it's own good in a way...

Anyone tried the API-Tech ECM? Would like to get an ECU/ECM that still had a rev limiter.

http://www.apitechonline.com/Shopping/

THAICHIPLANET -

Anyone know a printer in Chiang Mai who does transparent vinyl printing?

Send a PM to RED21. He knows of 2. One in San Kamphang and one in the Market. The one in the market has their own website, but I can't find what I did with it.

THAICHIPLANET -

Anyone know a printer in Chiang Mai who does transparent vinyl printing?

Send a PM to RED21. He knows of 2. One in San Kamphang and one in the Market. The one in the market has their own website, but I can't find what I did with it.

Hmm, that is not something that i have written or asked about.

I'd done about 100km after changing the tyres today so i thought i'd give them a little test and see how they handled, I didnt push them too far just yet ill wait another 100km for that. Going with a higher profile on the back added a few mm to the height of the rear but not enough to take away from acceleration or top speed. I actually thought first gear reved a little better while second slowed down but that could of just been my imagination. Needless to say corners are great with the new tyres can really lean the bike over but i found once warmed up enough the IRC's could still hold a good grip when leaning over in the corners. Hit some sand on the road going about 110kmh only the slightest loss of traction a lot better then the IRC's. A big difference between the two tyres is overtaking over white lines at high speeds, the IRC's give you the feeling of wanting to slip out where the Pirelli's you dont even notice. Today there wasnt much rain so i can only go off when the tyres had just been put on, but even then riding in the rain on wet roads i was confident with grip so once the new tyres are broken in good a proper they're gona be fine in the wet. The feel of those IRC's in the rain was terrible so the Pirelli's win hands down there. I opted for a thicker tyre with a 130/80 instead of 130/70 so it does prop the back up a bit more then i was expecting but so far not enough to change too much. Maybe a 140/70 would be a better option? If anyone tries it out let me know i can always order a new rear.