Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Got a reply from Faddybike last weekend, 1,700 baht for the windscreen. A few hundred more than Honda's touring screen. Though the former looks better than the latter, for practicality's sake, I actually prefer the touring screen because of its shape. These past few weeks have been really windy, that I really had to hunch over the tank and grip it with my thighs in order to maintain stability when riding. Sadly, when I went to the Honda Service Center there weren't any available and they said I had to place an order (which would probably take ages for them to process).

It took less than a week when i ordered mine, but maybe i got lucky.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a reply from Faddybike last weekend, 1,700 baht for the windscreen. A few hundred more than Honda's touring screen. Though the former looks better than the latter, for practicality's sake, I actually prefer the touring screen because of its shape. These past few weeks have been really windy, that I really had to hunch over the tank and grip it with my thighs in order to maintain stability when riding. Sadly, when I went to the Honda Service Center there weren't any available and they said I had to place an order (which would probably take ages for them to process).

It took less than a week when i ordered mine, but maybe i got lucky.

RED:

Ditto what Taichiplanet said on mine as well, from the same dealer you and I both go to. Ordered it on a Monday and they called me on Saturday and told me it was in. Took the bike in and 20 minutes or so later they brought it out with the screen. And, yeah, the winds here in Chiang Mai can be treacherous at times, to say the least. One day on the road from BoSang to Doi Sakett I was dam_n near blown sideways off the bike on those open stretches where all the rice paddies are. lol.

Then I'll probably order a few weeks before the next scheduled service then.

Yeah,I was also thinking those open stretches where all the rice paddies are. I actually was stupid enough to ride through a storm last Monday through some of them (just for some Kao Niao, Moo Ping, and Nam Prik Ta Daeng:lol:)

Then I'll probably order a few weeks before the next scheduled service then.

Yeah,I was also thinking those open stretches where all the rice paddies are. I actually was stupid enough to ride through a storm last Monday through some of them (just for some Kao Niao, Moo Ping, and Nam Prik Ta Daeng:lol:)

Ok, you just confirmed that you're a few fries short of a Happy Meal. lol. I love that stretch of road when the weather is nice, day or night, but there are times I'll avoid it and just take 121 to 118 and drive INTO the wind.

But I saw a black screen available for the 250 in the Honda accessories magaizne at the Honda dealers here in BKK. It wasn't the long touring screen it was much shorter. The mechanic there said it would fit the 150 also, but the shape didn't look right to me. I thought it might be the one in the previous pic, but the price they quoted me was about 700Baht, so it can't be the same one.

Back on Old School CBR-150's.... My ride has been exhibiting a rather odd problem: The engine wants to falter at low throttle settings. Where the throttle used to have a very crisp response throughout its entire range, now it seems to have an "I don't like that and am going to struggle" mode just above idle or where you would be when cruising between parked cars. It's rather odd and I would suspect the accelerator pump, but it is not just transitions but rather a given venturi opening. At medium and full throttle it goes like always and it idles fine. A friend is having the same problem and he thinks it is the increased alcohol in Thai fuels. Has anyone run into this?

You running Benzine and not gasohol?

I recommend Caltex silver or gold (Benzine 91 / 95).

Benzine 91 from PTT in Chiang Mai. Occasional tank of Shell V-Power 95 which is limited to 10% Ethanol.

Does Honda (Thailand) have another bike in the 126cc to 150cc category? I was looking at the Thai bike rego figures for this year up to the end of July.

For Honda:

126cc to 150cc - 5,449 bikes (CBR150 & ?)

151cc or more - 3,788 (guessing only CBR250)

For those that must know, total registration for Kwaka bikes '151cc or more' was 2,053

So the CBR250 is outselling the Ninja 250/650s BUT it may well be the CBR150 is outselling the CBR250! :lol:

Edited by taichiplanet

Does Honda (Thailand) have another bike in the 126cc to 150cc category? I was looking at the Thai bike rego figures for this year up to the end of July.

For Honda:

126cc to 150cc - 5,449 bikes (CBR150 & ?)

151cc or more - 3,788 (guessing only CBR250)

For those that must know, total registration for Kwaka bikes '151cc or more' was 2,053

So the CBR250 is outselling the Ninja 250/650s BUT it may well be the CBR150 is outselling the CBR250! :lol:

Actually that's the

1. Ninja 250R
  2. D-Tracker 250
  3. KLX 250
  4. Ninja 650R
  5. ER-6N
  6. Versys
  7. Vulcan (2 different models)

So all in 7 or 8 models....the information passed around before is that the Ninja is the best selling big bike for Kawasaki, so if it makes up a third of all their sales (I'd guess that affordability of the bike compared to the other Kawi models is a major incentive for Thai buyers--obviously it has to sell more than 240 models for that stat to be true) means that ~685 were sold over the period...or Honda is selling at least 5,5 CBR 250Rs (or nearly 8! CBR 150) for every Ninja 250R being sold...

Back on Old School CBR-150's.... My ride has been exhibiting a rather odd problem: The engine wants to falter at low throttle settings. Where the throttle used to have a very crisp response throughout its entire range, now it seems to have an "I don't like that and am going to struggle" mode just above idle or where you would be when cruising between parked cars. It's rather odd and I would suspect the accelerator pump, but it is not just transitions but rather a given venturi opening. At medium and full throttle it goes like always and it idles fine. A friend is having the same problem and he thinks it is the increased alcohol in Thai fuels. Has anyone run into this?

Make sure the choke is down all the way. If it is...

Check the carb needle IMMEDIATELY take off the driver seat and access the carb by removing the two top screws and pull out the diaphram , the needle will come out with it. Check the rubber diaphram to make sure there are no holes, not even a pinhole.

The fuel valve can also be another culprit, its where the fuel line comes out of the tank. When this goes bad no fuel comes out (its vacuum operated, not gravity fed). Then you take it to Mr. Honda and the head mechanic tells you that you need a valve job , because mechanics make a commission from the repairs that are made and will cost you 3k baht. When all it is is a 250 baht fuel valve.

Both the carb (constant velocity)and fuel valve are vacuum operated.

KRS1.. Thanks for that and a vacuum related cause makes sense. And yeah, they tried to rebuild by bike about six months back when I got into bad fuel. I drained and cleaned the tank myself and after two tanks of good fuel it was back to normal. Will check into the rubber membrane today.

Changed the sprockets on the Fi model today to a 14/45, i previously changed the stock 15/43 to a 15/45 and now ive dropped a tooth in front as well. The bike zips around very nicely through traffic with this ratio but when it came to top speed the bike didnt really want to pass the 120km/h mark and it seemed like a bit of an effort to get there after 110km/h. Im not sure if changing sprockets affects the ECU and what it sends to the speedo although it seems like a substantial drop from a 15/45

Also a friend compared their speedo on the Fi model to that of a GPS application on his iphone and he said there was about a 5% difference in what the speedo said and what his iphone indicated. So i guess on my previous posts where i mentioned top speed take 5% and it should be about real world speed

Just a caution to others, the ignition barrel on the CBR has a slide over protection, which can be opened by using the end of the base of the key, I never slide it across to lock........yesterday I went to UOB bank on Suk Soi 25, right by the Glashouse building, parked the bike amongst about 5 others on the soi, trotted off into the bank. Five minutes later come out, put key in ignition, wont turn, take out key and inspect Ignition, some plank had taken a screwdriver (or similar) and hit it very hard, smashing the ignition barrel to bits, key wont turn, not happy. So i turns round to Somchai the security guard, who at best is never ever going to be more than 20 feet from the bike, "did you see anything?"

Nope

No ignition, no bike!, ring up Honda in soi 71, they cant collect the bike as they dont have the facility, no ignition barrels in stock, have to order, price 2475 baht.

Thankfully a motorcy taxi bloke pushed me all the way home, I WILL be using that lock facilty in the future

No other bike I was parked with was tampered with, just mine

Just a caution to others, the ignition barrel on the CBR has a slide over protection, which can be opened by using the end of the base of the key, I never slide it across to lock........yesterday I went to UOB bank on Suk Soi 25, right by the Glashouse building, parked the bike amongst about 5 others on the soi, trotted off into the bank. Five minutes later come out, put key in ignition, wont turn, take out key and inspect Ignition, some plank had taken a screwdriver (or similar) and hit it very hard, smashing the ignition barrel to bits, key wont turn, not happy. So i turns round to Somchai the security guard, who at best is never ever going to be more than 20 feet from the bike, "did you see anything?"

Nope

No ignition, no bike!, ring up Honda in soi 71, they cant collect the bike as they dont have the facility, no ignition barrels in stock, have to order, price 2475 baht.

Thankfully a motorcy taxi bloke pushed me all the way home, I WILL be using that lock facilty in the future

Picked up my bike from the mechanic yesterday. He had lost the key so he rang a mate at Honda, gave the VIN and had a new key cut; without me being involved at all! He found the original key later, but scarey how easy it is for someone to get a key cut.

I had a couple of little mods done. I got the header pipe and catalyser replaced with a slightly bigger diameter pipe but still with the original muffler. The new stainless pipe slip over the original pipe at the flange and the muffler. I wanted a small muffler where the cat was to keep it quiet (also in case i mod the muffler at some stage) and explained that 6 or 7 times, but of course the exhaust guy decided it didn't need it! It has a nice growling sound now, hopefully not loud enough to attract attention. I can't say whether it has improved torque or made it worse; probably around the same as it was before, weight wise probably saved 2 or 3 kgs.

I had the black fairing parts painted red, and a Honda sticker stuck on the bottom fairing. I also got the silver muffler guard painted black. The paint and exhaust mods cost me THB 4,000. Add THB 1,000 for replacement fairings, so I can mix and match red and black! The last touch was a smoked ‘touring’ screen (THB 1,450) which fits under the mirrors and on top of the original clear screen. It is slightly taller than the original screen but I don’t like the double screen look so at some stage might remove the clear screen or buy the smoked sports screen from Faddy.

Was thinking of getting an LED gear indicator, I had one on the old CBR150 (cost about THB1,900) and it was great. Kitaco have a gauge and fitment kit but at THB 4,400 it seems an extravagance!

post-70604-0-98045700-1313489485_thumb.j

post-70604-0-35235300-1313489535_thumb.j

post-70604-0-54589700-1313489629_thumb.j

post-70604-0-85257700-1313489681_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet

You can ride immediately on temporary plates.

My friend has an all black one for sale in Chiang Mai for 75k baht.

Thank you for information.

75k for used one is expansive :(

i;d better will pay more 10k for brand new one,if it should be like 50-60k then maybe i will think about,but not in this conditions.sorry

i wnat to buy new one.Can you please say 85 000 THB is a good price for bike,registration,insurance,green book??

and also if i get it after how many days i can ride it?do i need to wait for number plates ??

From what others have said earlier in the forum the going rate for a new one is 80-85k. I bought a 2nd hand one (8 months old, 2,800kms) for 64k off the main dealer, I think you'd be very lucky if you get one under 60k.

Just installed a 2 graph API on my carbed cbr 150 thats been collecting dust for a year now. At first didn't notice much difference at all, so went driving around for 5 hours today to see if it needed time to break in.

Well it did, now i can hit 120kph in fourth gear and the rev limiter has been removed and have taken the bike up to 13k rpm today. This allows stronger shifting up to the next gear, but top speed hasn't changed much. The bottom to mid end feels more torquey, but cant really decipher whether im just pushing the bike harder in anticipation or if it is a real improvement. Before the API broke in, i had trouble even hitting 120 kph though. (not to be confused with the factory CDI which already lets me hit 140 kph)

The cdi is a 2 graph box thats changed by flipping a switch, i cant tell any real difference when i flip the switch back and forth, and wondering if there really is a difference.:ermm:

So my conclusion is....the money is better spent elsewhere, like a 67-69mm high compression piston to increase displacement. Top speed wont increase with the CDI because there's not enough horsepower being made, but the acceleration has improved by about 20% according to butt dyno.

Up Doi Suthep mountain was my second test. Since there wasn't any increase in top speed, figured the gains must be more noticeable in low-mid rev range, going up Doi suthep with the CDI was a definite improvement. Less down shifting and a more linear powerband, engine usually gets warmer going up Suthep indicated by the needle, but today it stayed the same.

Hiitting the first sharp right corner up the mountain (some know what im talking about) on 4 previous 'stock' cbr 150's was not the same as today. Usually have to shift down to 2nd when going up that curve, because right when 3rd starts to peak in power you hit the curve and have to downshift to go up hill. Today it made it in 3rd up the curve with ample power.

Factors to consider though were a pretty cool day and not to much moisture to starve the engine of oxygen, also ran Shell 91 benzine today. So it could have well been a perfect day for the engine. Tomorrow morning hopefully the bike will start and not draw current overnight

Im going to swap back over to the original CDI in a few days to see if im just imaging things.One weird thing though, when the bike is up past 11k rpm the engine will float/rev by itself like a high idle...and take longer to wind down when you let off the throttle, this can be dangerous if it catches you off guard.

Carb bored to 32mm next... then 68mm-69mm high compression piston ! Going step by step this time to document gains.

Edited by KRS1

i wnat to buy new one.Can you please say 85 000 THB is a good price for bike,registration,insurance,green book??

and also if i get it after how many days i can ride it?do i need to wait for number plates ??

I paid 85,000 for mine in Bangkok but Sumet cycles said they could do it for 80, though he didnt have one in stock.

I had no temp plates when I bought it and just rode it without any plates until they arrived which took about 2 weeks. I went through a police checkpoint and just showed them a copy of the reciept and they were fine with that.

Nope

Glad they didn't get it! Is it a new one or the old version?