CCSA: First group of foreigners allowed back are long stay and permanent residents

webfact

1 hour ago, rott said:

No need to associate with them if you don't want to. 

But the world has many low grade people so they are difficult to avoid. 

Tedious I agree. 

Hard to avoid them, when all of Thailand's nice places are packed out with package tour groups. 

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Talk about living in the shadow of reality! Really? A HUGE amount! Can you please explain how you figured that out?

At least you made me laugh, on a Sunday morning. Almost choked on my coffee. ????

You do know the about 40 million tourists that visited Thailand in one year before the pandemic, contributed to approx 18% of the total GDP in Thailand, right?

You are talking about 150k foreigners on Non-O and OA visas, as HUGE contributors to the Thai economy. Get real! We not even build up to 5 promille of that part of Thai economy.

If you had been saying that we are contributing to a better standard and life for some families in Thailand, then I could have been persuaded to agree a little bit with you. That because not even all on mentioned kind of visas or extensions do that. However, in that case we are only talking about 150 000 families in Thailand, which also falls under the term small amount. 

HUGE?????  ???????????????? Get your facts straight! The reality is that your´re just a small fish in the ocean.

Agree, the total amount spent by farang here (building houses, buying for wife etc., plus monthly spending ) is a very small part of the overall Thai economy.

The reality is that plenty of the farang here on retirement visas have got the required 800,000? in the bank for visa renewal however on a monthly spend basis they have to budget their spending (but in many cases not as low as a typical Thai family). 

I recall a TV thread perhaps 3 or 4 years back, the poster was adamant and argued that farang were totally supporting something like 90% of all the Thai families in essan. Totally incorrect.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1