Leave Thailand to work in China, then returning back to Thailand

bondjames007

Hello,  currently living in Thailand,  offered a job in China,  possible start date,  October this year.  If I leave Thailand,  is this wise with the current situation ?  as I would need to travel back to Thailand End of January for the Chinese New Year,  stay in Thailand 4 weeks then return to China.

What's everyone thoughts,  to start the Job now in October this year or wait until March next year to work in China, when things are better with the travelling situation ?

I've read there is a possibility that countries are talking about travelling between Asian countries who has the virus contained without the need for 14 day quarantine.  When will this likely to happen ?

Look forward for your comments.

Thanks

Unless you are married to a Thai or father of a Thai child, as it currently stands you would not be able to return to Thailand.

Even for those who qualify base on marriage it is a slow and expensive process and not something you can do with an exact date in mind let alone a short interval one.

7 hours ago, davemax49 said:

If I leave Thailand,  is this wise with the current situation ?  as I would need to travel back to Thailand End of January for the Chinese New Year

How can anyone say. It's pure guess work. As of today you cannot come back on a basis of retirement.