That's better! Pattaya shows its humanitarian side as dozens of desperate people offered hope

rooster59

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

easy to sit in ones des res passing comment and advice.

maybe some of  us  have been there and dragged ourselves out through sheer hard  work at times when the UK had many unemployed 40 years  ago,no work was out of bounds for me then, Id  have shovelled  sheeeit if I could  have made money at it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bodga said:

But surely  Thai  families we are told  will  take care of their  own, I dont buy any of  this  BS, go back and work the land, problem solved.

You would think them better off at home where at least a place to sleep indoors can be found and they can lend a hand to any farming efforts etc. This presumes that they have not burned their family bridges, or can even afford to make the journey.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

I know the way the system works here.  Just another example of Money Number One.  

I don't think that the lack money sent home is the problem. 3,000 baht a month is a big help if the family is looking after the younger kids, but if the money dries up as it has, then going back to the family means another mouth to feed, another person to look out for, and 3,000 baht a month less income.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bodga said:

But surely  Thai  families we are told  will  take care of their  own, I dont buy any of  this  BS, go back and work the land, problem solved.

Great plan, go back and work the land.

It might work but I am sure that you have noticed that most farmers are perpetually in debt and the crop prices are low this year. Add another mouth to feed, take away the 3,000 baht a month and you are left with twice the square root of <deleted> all.

So what do you suggest the family do then?

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 12:34 PM, billd766 said:

I don't think that the lack money sent home is the problem. 3,000 baht a month is a big help if the family is looking after the younger kids, but if the money dries up as it has, then going back to the family means another mouth to feed, another person to look out for, and 3,000 baht a month less income.

We are talking about adults returning home, not children.  

If there is no food for any mouths, wouldn't it be better to be surrounded by family in such dire circumstances?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

We are talking about adults returning home, not children.  

If there is no food for any mouths, wouldn't it be better to be surrounded by family in such dire circumstances?  

Then it would be better for the adults to stay in Pattata and having a better chance at finding some sort of job rather than going back up country and sharing nothing. 

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Then it would be better for the adults to stay in Pattata and having a better chance at finding some sort of job rather than going back up country and sharing nothing. 

So, you agree, in Thailand, Money Number One. 

If you can't "go back up country" with anything to "share" than don't go, because you are only welcome if you have something to "share."  Is that right?   

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If you can't "go back up country" with anything to "share" than don't go, because you are only welcome if you have something to "share."  Is that right?   

No it isn't and please don't twist my words to suit something YOU want.

29 minutes ago, Leaver said:

No.

Many people in the country have a life with very little money.

But Thailand have a very good nature with loots of food for free.

To make  food, they  grow up chickens and ducks, fishing,  pick snails, frogs, snakes, mushrooms, bamboo,  coconuts, banana, many different fruits, berries, blades and roots etc.

If you are not too lazy, you will survive in the country in Thailand.

Edited by DanielS
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DanielS said:

But Thailand have a very good nature with loots of food for free.

To make  food, they  grow up chickens and ducks, fishing,  pick snails, frogs, snakes, mushrooms, bamboo,  coconuts, banana, many different fruits, berries, blades and roots etc.

If you are not too lazy, you will survive in the country in Thailand.

Pattaya is a concrete city.  By what you are saying, they should return home, where they can live off the land.