This place is becoming like a ghost town

CorpusChristie

48 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, the new AC blue buses are not running .

I have just noticed this bus .

I have no idea where the location of it going is

(I know , terrible English )

I'm going to go and get on it and see where its going 

Bus Route Chiangmai And Hod Distric Editorial Stock Image - Image of  terminal, company: 124114724

Yo man.  It's written right on the front of the glass. I'll save you a trip.
Chiang Mai - Hod!
In between Chom Thong and Doi Dtao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, connda said:

Yo man.  It's written right on the front of the glass. I'll save you a trip.
Chiang Mai - Hod!
In between Chom Thong and Doi Dtao

Yeah, I can see where its going, what I meant was that I have never heard of the place before and have no idea where it is or whats its like .

Just found out its 85 K away , so, I will go tomorrow 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yeah, I can see where its going, what I meant was that I have never heard of the place before and have no idea where it is or whats its like .

Just found out its 85 K away , so, I will go tomorrow 

The 108 from Airport Plaza has always been the Chiang Mai -Hod road to the best of my knowledge.

Chom Tong had grown dramatically in the last few years, turn off right before the main town to go up to Doi Inthanon, straight on to Hod.

No too much to see but a huge reclining Buddha a few k out of Chom Tong

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

There is no lock-down though , businesses are free to open .

Everythings back to normal (apart from the borders being closed) 

It is not like this in Thai neighborhoods... that is a tourist area... tourism is on hold... 

businesses are free to open and are open in areas where there are people... 

i'm in a big city now and EVERYONE says covid is gone from Thailand.  They also tell me Western countries are doomed.  China seems to be doing AMAZING.......wow, i would definitely rather have 1 million people from Wuhan than one from some western world.  

anyhow, the main message is no covid.  if your business went under and you now live in a box with 100 people on 20 baht a day, well, your room probably doesn't have covid.

even WHEN all the real facts come out.....it doesn't matter.  the next problem will be different and the masses will be willing to listen.

if you are over 55, you likely lived in one of the greatest peaceful times for your country (if reading this in English, I'm guessing your country) and wow are you lucky that all this mess happened late in your life.

feel bad for the kids

• Like 2

FWIW, I do not live in a tourist area (Rayong) and much of the city is back to almost normal. Yes, the malls are quiet, but they were before too, the Thai economy has been contracting for sometime.

I just visited Pattaya and Phuket. WOW WOW WOW. Their tourist areas (a good part of their territory) are deader than dead. Like a ghost town. I don't get any pleasure in reporting this. I find it very sad and depressing. In fact it was hard to enjoy our vacation. Yet, hotels were cheap, restaurants not busy, no traffic, no Chinese, etc. But, I realize I want a little bit of vitality, it is just too damn quiet. The Thais (not all) are suffering. People are hungry. This is what a worldwide depression looks like. And will take years to recover.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, clokwise said:

What the hell is wrong with you? You didn't take this photo. This is a stock photo ripped from a stock photo website, complete with watermarks. Besides, it clearly says where this bus going in Thai AND ENGLISH.

Obviously, you are just trying to wind people up. Other people have pointed that out too. If you are lonely, I would suggest you to leave CM as it's obviously too quiet for you. There's also a static banner at the top of this website offering support, suggest you click it and talk to someone in person, because you're not making any friends here.

I didnt actually claim to have taken that photo .

I saw the bus earlier as I walked past it when it was parked , as I didnt take a photo of the bus , I got a photo from a websearch .

If you want , I shall go and take a photo myself and post that up ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, clokwise said:

If you are lonely, I would suggest you to leave CM as it's obviously too quiet for you.

Yes, I plan to go to Hod tomorrow on either THIS bus or a similar bus 

(Photo taken by myself, today BTW )

DSCF5678.JPG

Edited by CorpusChristie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

I didnt actually claim to have taken that photo .

I saw the bus earlier as I walked past it when it was parked , as I didnt take a photo of the bus , I got a photo from a websearch .

If you want , I shall go and take a photo myself and post that up ?

Caught out again Max. 

Seriously, take his advice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Where have we seen this before ?

DSCF5665.JPG

Really you took the photo, but you don't know? Make your way back there tomorrow morning about 6.00 am, stand outside Chiang Mai gate market, and if your lucky the bus to Hod will stop at the market to pick you up. The terminal is to the west of the market where you took YOUR actual photo so, maybe better to go direct to there. Some drivers of that route don't stop to pick up farangs till they get to know you.......

Edited by UncleMhee

1 minute ago, UncleMhee said:

Really you took the photo, but you don't know? Make your way back there tomorrow morning about 6.00 am, stand outside Chiang Mai gate market, and if your lucky the bus to Hod will stop at the market to pick you up. The terminal is to the west of the market so, maybe better to go direct to there. Some drivers of that route don't stop to pick up farangs till they get to know you.......

It was a question , a question to which I know the answer to .

The bus in post #101 is the bus stopped parked by the pavement  waiting to leave ,close to CM gate

4 hours ago, connda said:

The sex trade is far from finished as the majority of that trade caters to Thais.
Those who don't understand that are either tourists or 'long-stay' farangs who don't get out into the Thai community much. 

Wow , what category do you , come under ?. 

Oh No ..Not another expert expat ..

TV, forum is full of them ..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

It was a question , a question to which I know the answer to .

The bus in post #101 is the bus stopped parked by the pavement  waiting to leave ,close to CM gate

If I hadn't recognised it as a question I wouldn't have commented on it in the manner I did......

Although why anybody would ask a question they already know the answer to on a public forum, other than to hope they can get into an argument with someone to berate them over some inconsequential point or other would be well beyond my understanding of any logical mind...... Enjoy your trip to Hod.

Edited by UncleMhee
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

If I hadn't recognised it as a question I wouldn't have commented on it in the manner I did......

Although why anybody would ask a question they already know the answer to on a public forum, other than to hope they can get into an argument with someone to berate them over some inconsequential point or other would be well beyond my understanding of any logical mind...... Enjoy your trip to Hod.

Maybe he will self isolate there in his own private lockdown without Wi-Fi!

Edited by fangless
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, clokwise said:

What the hell is wrong with you? You didn't take this photo. This is a stock photo ripped from a stock photo website, complete with watermarks. Besides, it clearly says where this bus going in Thai AND ENGLISH.

Obviously, you are just trying to wind people up. Other people have pointed that out too. If you are lonely, I would suggest you to leave CM as it's obviously too quiet for you. There's also a static banner at the top of this website offering support, suggest you click it and talk to someone in person, because you're not making any friends here.

Lordy, lordy.  Calm down. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

The very location was World headline news recently and I just wondered whether anyone recognised the location .

There doesnt seem to be a very friendly bunch in this thread 

12 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Not sure where you are buying these Thai products but the masks I just bought are made in China.  Thailand is drooping even in rice exports.  Even Thai made radios are more often Chinese knockoffs (been there) and real Chinese brand Retekess V-115 far better. 

Sure there are always those that make a fortune on others misery - but this will not be most people.  What Thailand has done well is limit the number of deaths due to Covid - now if they could only do the same for traffic deaths.  

Thailand is a major worldwide supplier of single use medical supplies.  This includes disposable examination gloves, catheters & medical tubing, syringes, hypodermic needles & vials, and bandages & dressings.

There is a worldwide shortage of the aforementioned products. It is critical for vaccine type syringes and needles as countries buy up inventories and  future production runs of the devices to prepare for the delivery of vaccines. 

There are imports of Chinese  loop masks into Thailand because Thailand cannot  meet  domestic and export demand. Many of the loop masks refused  by the EU, Canada and Australia were sent back to China, which in turn dumped them in markets where there was no oversight. 

You are probably unaware, but China undertook a defacto nationalization of all health product manufacturing at the start of  the crisis. This is why large multi national manufacturers scrambled to start manufacturing outside of China. Unfortunately, China still has a near monopoly of some of the  textiles used to manufacture the masks. China has burnt the international business community, but no one is saying anything because of the stranglehold China has on PPE  manufacturing.

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

The very location was World headline news recently and I just wondered whether anyone recognised the location .

There doesnt seem to be a very friendly bunch in this thread 

The naked drunk chick...still waiting for her to reply to me on LINE

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Ha ha, best of luck with that , the hospital is at the end of the road , can just walk in 

My first challenge is getting back into LOS as Im stuck in the Great American Dumpster Fire...hope she will wait for me....she could be the one...maybe a can fake a medical visa to be by her side....ting tong visa