Businesses urged to delay hiring immigrant labour to avoid Covid-19 danger

rooster59

Businesses urged to delay hiring immigrant labour to avoid Covid-19 danger

By The Nation

800_76d9121ce2d7141.jpg

The Ministry of Public Health has asked entrepreneurs to delay hiring immigrant workers from areas where Covid-19 is spreading until the situation improves.

Dr Sophon Iamsirithaworn, Department of Disease Control director of General Communicable Diseases, said recently that the Myanmar government had announced curfew hours from 9pm to 4am and allowed people to work from home after the Covid-19 pandemic spread in Rakhine state.

"However, the Covid-19 pandemic in Myanmar does not count as a second wave because it has occurred only in one state," he said.

He said as Thailand and Myanmar had a hundred kilometres long land border, local administration agencies had been instructed to keep a watch on illegal entry across the border in order to contain the spread of the disease.

Responding to a question about medical tourists coming to receive treatment in Thailand spreading the Covid-19 virus, he said the department had set up guidelines. The medical tourists must not be a patients with a contagious disease. He added that most of the medical tourists came from countries where the Covid-19 situation had been contained.

"Medical tourists must take a Covid-19 test within 72 hours of travelling to Thailand, while they must take the same test on arriving in the country to make sure that they do not spread the disease," he said.

"The Covid-19 test on all medical tourists since they were allowed to receive treatment in Thailand has been negative."

As the Covid-19 situation has escalated in several countries, such as Europe, US, Japan and South Korea, he urged Thai people to strictly follow Covid-19 preventive measures, such as wearing face mask, washing hands regularly, maintaining a physical distance with others, avoid gatherings and use the ThaiChana platform.

"Thailand has been free from Covid-19 because of the ThaiChana platform that enabled the government to monitor the situation in the country," he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393724

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-30

46 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Lets rephrase that:  There are so many unemployed in Thailand we need to stop importing cheap labour and offer Thai's those jobs at the cheap labour rates.

While I follow what you've said, I'm sure that there won't be enough locals willing to work for lower wages.

Is the reality to pay them more and therefore push up prices, entrepreneurs to make less money per project, or wait until more people are really desperate?

I don't know the answer.

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

While I follow what you've said, I'm sure that there won't be enough locals willing to work for lower wages.

Is the reality to pay them more and therefore push up prices, entrepreneurs to make less money per project, or wait until more people are really desperate?

I don't know the answer.

Don't everybody need to follow the minimum wages...????

• Haha 2

My now going to be unemployed co-worker and her unemployed and extremely lazy husband are in financial trouble. I asked her why they are not looking for work in the construction business. Both are in their early 40ies and healthy. Answer was: cannot, to heavy work and too hot outside.

Well, here we go...

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Employers will not refrain from hiring Immigrant Labour - Full Stop

There is too much Money to made out of them working on the Construction sites , as Farm Labour, and in any meanial and dirty Job that the Thais can offer them.

And the workers they really need are kinda immune to C19 like soldiers and VIP's right?